Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh whoa, an active community rewatch thread! Sweet!!

Myself and two other flatmates have been independently watching community. It's nice to hear the theme song play from other bedrooms ^_^
I'm currently up to season 3. The end of s3 is as far as I got when it aired - I'm unsure why I stopped watching, I think life got in the way. Because I always had a lot of love for the show. I think the original SA thread is what got me into it too! Here are some loose thoughts from my rewatch so far:
-As a 30 year old health psychology mature student, I identify with Britta SO MUCH! She's just great. "I dropped out of high school to impress Radiohead."
-This show is mighty kind to those of us who aren't on the 'socially acceptable speedrun track' of life. It has heaps of heart, it's so wholesome and encouraging.
-At the same time, a lot of the banter is so... mean? Like, it's almost on par with those sitcoms-sans-laugh track videos.
-The Dean is fun and cool and a great character. I love the silly slight gag of him touching Jeff's chest almost once every episode. I like how they don't put too much emphasis or camera time on that bit. Jeff always looks down on it and then we move on.
-Annie and Shirley's "aww"s are a beat I forgot about.
-This show makes me want to have a clique. I need a clique!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah she got homered pretty hard. My headcannon is that each chararacter is excentruated by an unreliable narrator. So although she is still smart and level, the zeigeist of the group got annoyed by her being so normal and labeled her the worst. Like how in rl cliques most people end up in their 'place'.
Saying that, such a cosy tv show. Thank you Dan Harmon for giving us something to rewatch after endless the office and new girl times.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The end joke of community sort of leads directly into rick and morty which is a trope i love, (when shows pass the torch with a nod)- except rick and morty brought us rick and morty fans who absolutely are a horrible racid puke toilet. My favourite character of community is britta.