Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Dawgstar posted:

There was an interesting video I watched the other day on Community vs. Arrested Development and how they both kind of flubbed coming back from cancellation, even if Community is generally regarded as higher in quality.

Those seem like an odd comparison since Community never spent a significant amount of time canceled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Saucy_Rodent posted:

Schmitty episode has a great Troy-Abed plot and the scheme to bang the high schooler’s mom is awesome.

I always laugh at Britta and Jeff's excitement when they realize he has to bang the mom.

Similarly Jeff's "I don't know!" in the conspiracy episode.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 3, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I wondered why they picked a season five episode until I realized that's the only option to get all of the original cast and not bother with Chevy.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Like people already said it was an episode that just had the characters admit to things that didn't make sense and iffy execution. The idea of a singing puppet episode is fine, but the difference between good gimmick episodes and bad ones is maintaining good characterization.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One of the reasons I like season 1 so much is it's the most balanced season for Britta and Pierce. In the future Britta is at least fun goofy, but they shred Pierce's nice moments away.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Also, why has Britta dropped 40 iq points? “Britta’ing” feels kind of unwarranted

It's a combination of things. Gillian Jacobs had a lot of fun/talent at being goofy in her first comedic role, some of the writers of the first season like Hilary Winston that added depth to the character left, and the rushed production of the scripts led to some easy fallback jokes when things got tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Peeches posted:

Jim Rash is the best. I haven't seen him in anything it seems lately.

He also cowrote and codirected that really odd Force Majeure remake Downhill.