Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Thanks! I bought the ancient statue without inspecting it, Redd seems like a trustworthy fellow. Also took the shisa dog DIY. Watered your flowers until my can exploded, I think I got all of them immediately around the entrance and then started circling around.

I’d never been particularly into flower breeding, whenever I’d make a garden or plant some flowers just for decoration I’d try to alternate colors and leave a space between them just in case something might grow in but I never made a concerted effort. But after my first black roses blossomed this morning and seeing your cool purple lilies I think I’m about to start.

Thank you so much for watering!! Flower breeding takes some effort but the colors are worth it imo! My dream is to cover my island in blue, pink, and purple flowers. The green chrysanthemums also look really pretty paired with some of the blue and purple flowers.. There’s a lot to think about wrt arrangement but first I want to amass a ton of them lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been balls deep in flower breeding for the past 2 weeks and have an entire field of overflow with all the hybrid colors. Currently finalizing my purple windflower and purple pansy setups and with any luck I'll be able to liquidate the overstock sometime soon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

que sera sera posted:

Opening up my island (koholint) because redd is here. There are 2 more real paintings and a fake statue. I'm trying to clone a row of flowers by the entrance, so please water them if you feel like it. I'm leaving the house for a bit so sorry if something goes wrong. My island is under construction please dont judge me 🙏

I have at least five koholints in my friend list.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

American McGay posted:

I've been balls deep in flower breeding for the past 2 weeks and have an entire field of overflow with all the hybrid colors. Currently finalizing my purple windflower and purple pansy setups and with any luck I'll be able to liquidate the overstock sometime soon.

Oh yeah, if you still want a blue rose you are welcome to it but if you'd rather get multiples from someone else thats cool. I got a bit lazy but I'm going to keep watering the ones I have and start giving them away to imps who want them. I don't really like the roses for some reason so I only really want to keep one of each.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

yeah i def regret my choice

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Same but with dudes named Jake.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All I need are purple pansies, green mums, and blue roses, and then I'll be set. Make a nice little garden with one of each flower then I can finally turn the rest of the island into Waterworld

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

The Clowner posted:

All I need are purple pansies, green mums, and blue roses, and then I'll be set. Make a nice little garden with one of each flower then I can finally turn the rest of the island into Waterworld

Missing those exact same ones also, and I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing it wrong, because I have pretty big gardens for each type, but if I'm not the only one missing out on those specifically, I guess they're just super low spawn rate. Not really in a hurry and I like the gardening, but it does take up a lot of real-estate.

Thanks! I bought the ancient statue without inspecting it, Redd seems like a trustworthy fellow. Also took the shisa dog DIY. Watered your flowers until my can exploded, I think I got all of them immediately around the entrance and then started circling around.

I’d never been particularly into flower breeding, whenever I’d make a garden or plant some flowers just for decoration I’d try to alternate colors and leave a space between them just in case something might grow in but I never made a concerted effort. But after my first black roses blossomed this morning and seeing your cool purple lilies I think I’m about to start.

There are purple lilies? :stare:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Green mums and blue roses both require gene fuckery so you’re never likely to breed them without knowing what you’re doing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Purple pansies are like blue roses and require specific steps, albeit a bit easier. I think purple windflowers are the same but I was lucky and got one as a random spawn a few weeks ago and have successfully cloned it a couple times. There aren't purple lillies but there are purple tulips which might just be the prettiest flower in the whole dang game.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Doing the kermit nod @ my Goddaughter who is talking about what colors are created by mixing other colors, while mental pics of my animal crossing flowerbeds intrudes on my mind where the color blue is created by mixing white with white.

I'm flowerbreeder58

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:love: Orange and pink lilies :love:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I can craft golden toilets now, which iirc a couple of people asked about at one point. It is a massive 6 gold pieces required to craft one, though, and I have exactly zero, so if anyone wants one, you gotta mail me the gold in advance, cousin.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grandmother of Five posted:

Doing the kermit nod @ my Goddaughter who is talking about what colors are created by mixing other colors, while mental pics of my animal crossing flowerbeds intrudes on my mind where the color blue is created by mixing white with white.

I'm flowerbreeder58

Lmao

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I'm flowerbreeder58

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Purple pansies are like blue roses and require specific steps, albeit a bit easier. I think purple windflowers are the same but I was lucky and got one as a random spawn a few weeks ago and have successfully cloned it a couple times. There aren't purple lillies but there are purple tulips which might just be the prettiest flower in the whole dang game.

Yeah I meant purple tulips

I'm flowerbreeder58

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I'm flowerbreeder58

lol

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Turnips are going for 204 bells this morning... not the most exciting price but I know a bunch of us got hosed last week, so if you feel paranoid like me you can come on over. Saharah is here selling the rainy night wallpaper as well. Code: B9JR8

I'm flowerbreeder58

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Redd’s docked on my island now and all the art he brought with him is fake, so come by if you want something to decorate with instead of donating. Dodo code CH8RC. Not much else going on, my fruit hasn’t grown back since I last harvested and the only neat thing in the stores are the gas and Noh masks the Ables are selling. Turnip prices are pretty modest too. But the fake robust statue, warrior statue, and solemn painting are available, I took the fake scary painting for myself.

Island’s looking a little better than the last time I opened but still in progress, don’t make fun of me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Redd’s docked on my island now and all the art he brought with him is fake, so come by if you want something to decorate with instead of donating. Dodo code CH8RC. Not much else going on, my fruit hasn’t grown back since I last harvested and the only neat thing in the stores are the gas and Noh masks the Ables are selling. Turnip prices are pretty modest too. But the fake robust statue, warrior statue, and solemn painting are available, I took the fake scary painting for myself.

Island’s looking a little better than the last time I opened but still in progress, don’t make fun of me.

im coming

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Turnip prices just jumped to 417 bells :stare: Code is still the same... I gotta get some sleep but I'll leave the airport open. If it goes down while I'm away I will reopen tonight around 7pm EST

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HalfHazard posted:

Turnip prices just jumped to 417 bells :stare: Code is still the same... I gotta get some sleep but I'll leave the airport open. If it goes down while I'm away I will reopen tonight around 7pm EST

Closing my gates to take advantage of this. The fake solemn painting (Las Meninas by Diego Velazquez) is still available, if anyone wants it let me know and I’ll open back up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
nothing unusual happening at my island but ive pretty much finished laying it out, its a done island. so if u want to feel ashamed of ur mediocre island with no fences, no paths, no playgrounds, no bandstands, and no textile factories, check mine out: doodoo code is CLF5M

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've got a nice area picked out for an "outdoor events center" but I don't really have any good furniture for it yet. There needs to be a "stage" or "elevated deck" type item or terraforming so I can really bring the whole thing together.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HalfHazard posted:

drat, your island is insanely nice. I spent like half an hour just walking around gawking at everything. I left a 10% finders fee by your hidden forest tower.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm starting to have some areas that I feel are close to complete & liking the island a bunch, but I've got two huuuge areas that are dedicated to hybrid-breeding, and I wanna use that real-estate to eventually space out my villagers a lot more and give the ones I have grouped together bigger setups. I'm definitely not done with the game. Still feel like I'm seeing a ton of new stuff when going island-hopping also.

Thanks @ HalfHazard for turnip-hosting. I laughed at the billboard drawing I did; hope you like it!

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

Oh, I have Celeste visiting again already, apparently! I didn't catch on to there being a meteor-shower this evening and just bumped into her. Will there always be a meteor-shower on her visits? Gates are open, in case anyone wants to grab a Celeste DIY, regardless of whether it means a meteor-shower is happening.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think you'll have at least sparse meteor sightings when celeste is there but it probably won't be a full blown shower unless all your villagers are also talking about it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its so weird to go to a nighttime island and then come back to my mid afternoon island

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

HalfHazard posted:

Well worth the 10 minute flight. Thanks

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

HalfHazard posted:

Celeste is also on your beach! Man, what doesn't your island have. Anyway thanks! Left some stuff by the monster battle.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Last call for turnip selling and talking to Celeste or Saharah as I'll be closing in an hour. Same code as before. Thanks to everyone who stopped by!

I'm starting to have some areas that I feel are close to complete & liking the island a bunch, but I've got two huuuge areas that are dedicated to hybrid-breeding, and I wanna use that real-estate to eventually space out my villagers a lot more and give the ones I have grouped together bigger setups. I'm definitely not done with the game. Still feel like I'm seeing a ton of new stuff when going island-hopping also.

Thanks @ HalfHazard for turnip-hosting. I laughed at the billboard drawing I did; hope you like it!

When I first met Cyd he told me he got bagged and dragged in the middle of the night, then woke up in my town... know anything about this? :D

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Redd's here today and he's selling a fake Rosetta Stone, fake Mona Lisa, and fake scary painting. If anyone is interesting in any of these, let me know

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

ive been procrastinating irl, so naturally my island is in a period of unprecedented development. ive finally figured out my overall vision and it's been really fun trying to put it together. i hope some of you are still playing in a couple weeks when it's more complete :)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ll always be playing

Lord Garmadon
Jul 17, 2018
Tybalt is moving out tomorrow, but he is a sweetie and one of my favorites, so anyone would be lucky to have him, in case anyone has an opening. He's given me more unprompted gifts and started more of those treasure-hunting activities than any of my other villagers for sure. He just gets up early and goes to bed late and zooms around the island doing exercise, so you're just likely to see him a ton!

herculon posted:

I’ll always be playing

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

I’m on the hunt for turnip prices

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

"lots of pink and white!"

Really curious if doing a bad job actually makes a difference. I saw a someone say they will comment if you don't use any of cyrus' furniture but didn't say how many hearts they got. I did a real attempt yesterday and got 10 hearts, and this one today gave me 11 :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’m opening my gates for a bit. Turnips are 298 until noon eastern time. Sahara is here selling a paintball wall and boxing mat floor. I’ll be afk