Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ashoka will be in Mandalorian Season 2 played by Rosario Dawson

This is a very, very good thing

This thread is for posting about how cool Ashoka is (very)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ahsoka is my friend

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The transformation of Ahsoka from cringeworthy annoyance to Best Character was so miraculous and unexpected.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
She easily has the best character arc in Star Wars.

Second is either Ezra or Luke

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
She hold her lightsabers wrong.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

She's my friend

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dudeness posted:

She hold her lightsabers wrong.

No, friend.

There is literally an episode of Forces of Destiny about this.

This little green guy tells her to be herself, not a copy of her master.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Bloop posted:

i know it might come off as a bit biased, but... Dash Rendar has the best character arc in Star Wars!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ahsoka best character

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dash Rendar posted:

i know it might come off as a bit biased, but... Dash Rendar has the best character arc in Star Wars!

I think you might have been retconned, sir.

Although I did play quite a lot of Shadows of the Empire back in the day.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dash Rendar was decanonized and recanonized. :colbert:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Togruta in general are cool as hell

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Togruta in general are cool as hell

just retire twileks. togruta are an across the board upgrade

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Does Clone Wars get any better? I watched the first three episodes and it seemed like boring as hell tripe made for little kids.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Does Clone Wars get any better? I watched the first three episodes and it seemed like boring as hell tripe made for little kids.

Yes, it gets much better as it goes on. Deals greatly with the fact that war sucks and people die. Looks into the society the clones have built for themselves and how good people treat them as people but others essentially treat them like droids (which are arguably also people, star wars is rife with injustice). Not every episode is great but there are great episodes.

Of course if you find it "boring as hell tripe" it may never live up to your lofty standards though, sirrah

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Squizzle posted:

Twileks kinda make sense. I wanna know how a species that evolves a neck pillow with back support and armrests manages to not get eaten by pretty much everything.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I am so glad the sequel trilogy missed her.

Her novel was pretty good too.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Resting Lich Face posted:

I am so glad the sequel trilogy missed her.

Her novel was pretty good too.

At least she spoke to Rey at the end :3:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Normally I'd be wary of them introducing Jedi into this show, but they haven't done a misstep yet, so I think Rosario and the writers will do a good job.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Blistex posted:

Normally I'd be wary of them introducing Jedi into this show, but they haven't done a misstep yet, so I think Rosario and the writers will do a good job.

Well at the time the show takes place she hasn't been a Jedi for a long long time.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Resting Lich Face posted:

Well at the time the show takes place she hasn't been a Jedi for a long long time.

She's evil now? Awesome

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

She's evil now? Awesome

No...

the Jedi are compromised and she is a badass force user that doesn't follow their creed

She is certainly not evil though. Neutral maybe. Worked with a Sith/witch when their interests overlapped.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

The Bloop posted:

No...

the Jedi are compromised and she is a badass force user that doesn't follow their creed

She is certainly not evil though

i'm excited for her to exasperatedly explain this to people at least twice per episode she's in

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

i'm excited for her to exasperatedly explain this to people at least twice per episode she's in

I mean there are no Jedi during the Mandalorian

Except Luke's new school maybe? Don't know how soon he started that, officially.

Probably a few randos out there that hid, other failed padawans and sith apprentices that hosed off.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

She's evil now? Awesome

No. She got kicked out of the order near the end of the Clone Wars series because she was framed for terrorism, worked with Ventress for a short while trying to get her name cleared. She was ultimately cleared when the real culprit was caught but she decided to decline rejoining the order. Then she was an intelligence operative for Bail Organa's rebellion cell during the Galactic Civil War. What she's been up to since the end of the Galatic Civil War is mostly unknown; she spent at least some time working with Sabine Wren, the mandalorian from Rebels.

She's a light-side force user but isn't a Jedi.

The Ahsoka novel is worth a read. It's YA level so it could have been a bit deeper but I'm almost 30 and still enjoyed it. Fills in all the continuity gaps between Clone Wars and Rebels. The audiobook version is narrated by her voice actor; I'd recommend it.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 24, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

The Bloop posted:

Probably a few randos out there that hid, other failed padawans and sith apprentices that hosed off.

There were definitely a good handful out there after order 66, that's why the inquisitors were a thing in the first place. Vader also did loads of jedi hunting (though I'm not sure how much of that is still canon).

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There are probably also backwater planets that nobody remembers with their own little force traditions.

The Dathomir witches got exterminated though, so presumably the Emperor isn't fond of the concept.

Squizzle posted:

It kinda bugs me how their faces are so visually complex. Like generally I don't like keeping track of a bunch of facial markings, but also their markings are symmetrical geometric patterns, so they just don't seem like the kind of patterning that would occur naturally.

It's kinda nice though how Ahsoka was a made the member of a pre-established race and then later on there are more togruta. A lot of alien races are one and done.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

rosario dawson lynched a trans person

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Very unfortunate if true

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

sounds more like rear end-hole-a TAINT-o if that's the case! Yowza!!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.them.us/story/dedrek-finley-accused-rosario-dawson-workplace-discrimination

This sucks man

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have absolutely zero comment on that person's claims or about anyone's role on whatever side.

I do want to ask this WITHOUT bringing names or gender issues into it at all - does it strike you as a bit odd that a family would hire a "handy man" as a full time employee, as well as pay their full rent at an apartment, AND pay their moving expenses? Does that seem like a common thing that comes up?
It just seems like "Hey we're going to pay you a living wage, your full rent, and pay for you to move across country to do this at your leisure" would offer you a job title other than "works odd jobs around the home"...

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 31, 2020

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I suppose butler would have been more accurate but idk

Rich people are wild

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

but yes that seems very, very unusual

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

Pretty insane she’s involved in something this high profile

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Pretty insane she’s involved in something this high profile

With the way production on everything is haulted, she may be un-involved before it ever begins depending on how reporting/legal proceedings go

I'm trapped in this bad mental space because
1 I hope it's not true.
2. But if it's not true it adds fuel to not believing accusers in general and trans people in particular and that also loving sucks

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SlothfulCobra posted:

The Dathomir witches got exterminated though, so presumably the Emperor isn't fond of the concept.

They got exterminated prior to the end of the Clone Wars for betraying and trying to assassinate Dooku. This is another plotline from after Clone Wars became good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Bloop posted:

I don't know about that. I watched all of Clone Wars and Rebels and I don't remember a fuckin thing about her arc. The only thing I can remember is her duel with Vader in Rebels that had an ambiguous ending.