Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Introduction
Howdy! Welcome to the world of Knighthood, a turn-based RPG from Midoki, developers of Plunder Pirates, Crazy Taxi City Rush, Go Deliver, and Recce. I haven't played any of those, so I suppose that's not relevant. Knighthood is colorful, well-animated, surprisingly deep, and (so far at least) f2p-friendly. So gather round the campfire while I learn you what this game is all about.

The Basics

Gameplay is pretty simple. Each turn you have 4 action points to spend (upper right). You can use those to 1) hit the enemy with your weapon, building up chain attacks for more damage, 2)punch the enemy with your gauntlet, building up rage to unleash heroes, 3)use a hero's basic attack or summon them for a special attack, or 4)use a potion to heal, protect yourself, or build your rage meter.

Hitting the enemy is as simple as tapping the screen. Punching is done by either swiping up or tapping the rage meter icon (lower left). You can click on the monster portraits on the left and right sides of the screen to target a different enemy.

Your armor and health are in the top left. Heroes that heal you generally will replenish armor if your health is already full.

Auto is in the top center. Battles you can auto-fight can go up to 3x speed if you keep clicking that button.

The number of enemy waves is in the top right in the dark blue bar.

Any questions? Good! Let's take a look at your sexy self.

Your dude (a gender-neutral term in the year 2020)

When you start, you'll be able to do a decent customization job on your hero. Skin and hair colors, hairstyle, gender, etc. Merchants sell customization options, and you'll find them in chests as well. If you've ever played another action RPG, you'll be instantly familiar with the gear system. Different rarities are different colors (gray, green, blue, purple, orange), and take rarer materials to level up.

Each weapon is strong against one of nine mob types, dealing double damage, and rarer gear has slots for charms that add bonuses to your abilities.

Armor comes in different flavors like light, heavy, and magical. Wearing multiples of a like type grants a bonus to damage reduction vs that type. You'll be able to power up your gauntlet too, and unlock a dozen or so stronger ones along the way.

Heroes

I'm not going to list every hero because there are a ton! You can take two into each battle. Like I mentioned earlier, each one has a basic and special attack, and are strong vs one mob type. If you've ever wanted a bear that fires a gatling crossbow, this is the game for you. Level them up by fighting with them, sending them on missions at shrines, or granting them exp with scrolls of heroism.

Inventory
This game has an inventory. Hallelujah!

Minions

Minions are your PvP buddies. It's like Pokemon except you have to get your hands dirty too. You can capture them out in the wild, and each gauntlet can capture certain ones. You don't have to do anything special in battle to capture them other than wear the gauntlet. That battle bear owns bones. He growls a bit too often, tho. Capturing a duplicate minion will turn it into food you can feel your minion to give it a temporary battle boost. Gross.

Codex
The codex is for you completionist types to keep track of all the gear and whatnot you've collected. Now, into the world!

Things to do

Check out all that stuff! You'll unlock those areas as you go. Here's a quick runthrough:

Explore - The world map to dick around in when you're in a meeting. This game is in portrait mode, baby! Look like you're being productive.
Versus Arena - You get 3 free battle tickets per day. Use them to pound on enemy players. The higher you rank the better the rewards!
Guild Coliseum - Your guild can summon a huge raid boss for everyone to fight. Chip away at its health until it dies. The faster you do it...the better the rewards! Costs one meat, which you get daily from your guild island.
Hunts - The bread and butter of getting hero shards to rank up your heroes and ores to level up your gear. Finish each hunt in 6 turns or fewer and you'll be able to auto-complete it 5 times daily.
Shrine of Heroes - Send your heroes you aren't using off on missions to bring back gear and level them up. You will invariably send the hero you'll need most in your next fight. Learn to love it.
Merchants - Buy stuff! Weapons, armor, customizations, potions, charms, etc.
Monster Cave - Filled with a new monster each day. Every time you beat it, you get to beat it again but harder, just like your genitals! Costs one torch to fight, which you'll get from daily quests.
Dwarven Foundry - Take your old busted loot or charms and have your dwarven buddies pound them into something better!
Onslaught Dungeon - This pit of pain resets daily. You'll only be able to use a hero once per day, so choose wisely!
Enlighten Library - Coming soon!
Roaming Monsters - These pests pop up throughout the day, coming and going quickly. They each have three bonus objectives. Meet them to get a bonus reward! Some will drop additional torches, meats, and arena tickets.
? - Coming soon!

Guilds

Need a place to hang your hat? Join or create a guild.

Guardians of Freedom is pretty casual. I just ask that if you're going to be away for a few days to let me know. Post here with your ingame name or PM me if you'd like an invite. Every week a vote gets taken on a bonus. This week it's bonus damage vs. a guild boss or extra money. The higher your level, the more money you get.

Valador created GOON SQUAD when the game launched. Feel free to check them out too!
Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/3DN2gYF

And that's Knighthood!

Coming soon: Tips!

Retrowave Joe fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Reserved for future updates.

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

Hey nice OP. I work on this so it can also count as goon made if that matters.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Sure! It’s a fantastic game. Y’all are doing good work. So far my only gripe with it is I’ve lost guild leader twice trying to promote someone cause I fatfingered the make leader button. A confirmation dialogue would be most appreciated.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I like this game. It's simple and pretty. Like me.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
If any spots open up in the guild, I'd like to join : )

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Sure thing! I’ve got a couple non-active players. What’s your in game name?

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Retrowave Joe posted:

Sure thing! I’ve got a couple non-active players. What’s your in game name?

ZIo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yooo game is good fun, simple and entertaining. Art style owns too.

It does kinda annoy me how many weapon and armour types there are to level though, luckily this can kinda be ignored by just punching everything instead.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Yeah, I haven’t focused too much on different armor sets unless a side quest calls for it, but I can see where it’d make some of the fights easier to min/max

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Ask me about my fake GOONS spaceship guild
Have had the guild GOON SQUAD since the game launched. Feel free to join or merge. OP hit me up if interested, if not thanks for making the game post as I was far too lazy to do it.
Also have had a goon authed Discord server for it too:

Valador fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 23, 2020

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can I get an invite for jabro, please? Thanks!

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

jabro posted:

Can I get an invite for jabro, please? Thanks!

Sent you a PM!

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Valador posted:

Have had the guild GOON SQUAD since the game launched. Feel free to join or merge. OP hit me up if interested, if not thanks for making the game post as I was far too lazy to do it.
Also have had a goon authed Discord server for it too:

Thanks man! Updating the OP to add y'all too.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Good news! The Dark Tor event got extended another couple of weeks. Might be possible to get that legendary loot now for those of us who came in late.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

invite wangsbig if there's a spot :)

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I’m workin on it! Got a spot, just can’t find you when I search

daphrot
Apr 1, 2018
could i be invited to the guild? my in game name is Mordred

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

daphrot posted:

could i be invited to the guild? my in game name is Mordred

There are 4 Mordreds. What level are you? Don’t say 26 because there are 2 Mordreds at that level.

daphrot
Apr 1, 2018

jabro posted:

There are 4 Mordreds. What level are you? Don’t say 26 because there are 2 Mordreds at that level.

i believe i should be level 15, if that helps...
sorry there’s so many of them!

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Sent ya an invite. I hope you’re the one with the facewrap and white hair!

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
I've played this for a few days now, and it's a really fun game. It seems pretty well balanced too, which isn't all that common in mobile games. I'm absolutely loving the art style and animations, too.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Last weekend for the Dark Tor event!

Yeah, I’m really enjoying this as well. Strategic enough to be interesting, casual enough to be casual.

I gotta figure out if it’s worth having a bunch of purple swords or one orange sword and a bunch of blues, though.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

That's a great question. After getting hosed upgrading some blues early, I think I'm just gonna farm until I'm guaranteed one or two types I need.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
This is a great little game, the only problem I'm running into in the early going is running out of energy. I think energy cost is too high across the board; some of these random monsters need like 60. Is there an easier way to get energy down the line?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
For the most part all your gems should go towards stamina refills. And I definitely am selective about the rewards and stamina cost on roamers

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Same. It gets ridiculous up in White Peaks and Realm of Fire. I’ve seen some posts elsewhere that asked the devs to take a look at it

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Just downloaded this to check it out. Did y’all know there’s another goon guild called “SA Goons”? It’s description is “stairs”.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So this game is pretty fun but it also feels a bit slow. It's slow because of all the battle animations, which look cool the first few times but after the 20th time I never want to see a viking blowing into an alpine horn ever again. It's slow because while the UI/UX is pretty good for the most part, it's also annoying that I can't look at my inventory when I'm shopping for weapons or armor so I don't know if I need to buy that magical shoulder or not without changing screens.

There also seems to be a huge amount of grinding which is starting to be apparent on the 3rd location. This sidequest wants me to grind hunts to unlock someone and then grind more to level them up. I can't beat the next event stage because my weapons are no longer good, but I don't have enough materials to level another one up without even more grinding. Leveling up my pve heroes seems like it's going to take forever.

I'm fine with some amount of grinding but having to grind this early is sending warning signs for what the end game looks like because imo the story quests at this early on should be doable with an organically developed team/set of armors.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The game is grindy but between auto and being able to raid when you three star, I don’t mind it so much. But this is a grind game through and through. White Peaks is where you really hit the wall. Also if you hold the screen during an enemy turn it speeds it up.

You shouldn’t be buying gear to equip so the lack of compare shouldn’t be an issue. Buying the 20 plus gray armor at Lakefen is the only exception I would argue to hold you over. The equipment you want to buy is for the Foundry and dismantling for charms. Basically the gray and green rank 1 gear.

IMO the best way to craft gear is with rank 1 gear until you get appropriate charm slots, then you level/rank it up. A blue with two armor charm slots can take you to the end. Focus on one weapon, don’t spread yourself thin. Ideally you get a blue with crit/buff that’s a troll, undead or demon. With charms and maxed to your level it won’t matter it’s not a strong vs the specific enemy type most of the time and gives you time to gradually build up other weapons. Roughly I wouldn’t upgrade any green to rank 3 and only blues if they have the right charms. Hence buying the gray to tide you over. FYI a blue armor charm gives 30% armor, it’s insane and why a blue with two armor is better than a purple with no armor charm.

Character wise don’t spread yourself thin either. Throw everything at Titania. She’s insane and can be used in any fight. Always do her hunts before anyone else to get her four star bonus. Leveling characters gets a lot easier. Anaara, Wormwood and Krusa are great secondary focuses. Add in Vordrai from guild and a demon eventually, probably Dvalin.

Also don’t worry about side quests so much. You hit a spot where they hang around on your list for a while and you gradually get to it instead of a main priority.

Oh yeah don’t use gems for anything except stamina refills.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 13:13 on May 12, 2020

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

This is all solid info. Hell, I ended up getting stuck on the Onslaught Dungeon side quest, and when I beat it the other day, it opened up a side quest for Mirefen, even though I'm in Realm of Fire and already had the similar side quest for White Peaks.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I can’t believe they hosed up the game this badly by removing treasure chests from Roaming Monsters.

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
Yeah, this chest removal is awful. I can now get 1 blue item a week, as opposed to multiple chances daily. That's really, really going to kill my chances to better my gear in any meaningful way.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

The backlash has been pretty universal so hopefully they’ll fix it. I do like the addition of the energy cost info to roaming monsters. I’m working on an update to the OP

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yeah roaming monsters are dead to me. Not worth the high energy cost.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I never bothered do to roaming bosses outside of finishing a quest so I don’t really get the outrage. Was I suppose to be doing them this whole time? I kinda thought gear would come from pve like other rpgs so I didn’t know I was suppose to transmute for everything…

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Nah you are fine. It was end game because farming better gear to get better charms and charm slots was your main activity. They have nothing else to spend stamina on now because they don’t need to raid hunts.

It’s around White Peaks you hit a wall so you need time to get better gear and level up your heros. Since resources for leveling/ranking gear get scarce you don’t want to just level up a legendary with poo poo charms. Reminder a blue with two defense charms is better than a legendary with blah charms. You would farm the chests to feed the transmute beast until you rolled a piece with good charms and then leveled that up. But now they cut off the only regular source of equipment/charm fodder.

So in current state the primary way to get equipment after blue is to spend your gems on bounty rerolls until there’s a piece like legendary you want. Then you check a schedule on the spawns which is not guaranteed and hope your target spawns at that time. This is compared to before where you would spend gems on stamina to beat whatever roaming monsters are there and play for as long as you like. A grind but nice and steady progress.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 15, 2020

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Ah, so there is a thread for this.

I made a guild called SA Goons because there wasn't one when I started playing and it seems like at least RetroJoe is in it. If you want in let me know and I can kick some idiots, the Guild ID is 10alRl2n.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Lol yeah, I had to take a step back with all the pandemic-related things going on at work. Two phone games is my limit and it’s looking more like one is gonna be it until we get through this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Wondered where you went. So there is now 3 Goon guilds not at capacity.