Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You can see my other thread about gaining weight in quarantine which another goon eloquently coined the term "the quarantine 15"
( will find his username and go back and edit this post. He deserves credit).

Anyways I would like to play basketball alone at the park but im concerned because there is no way to wash hands there. Now I would only go if nobody else was around to "shoot around" some hoops, but I do not want to catch the virus if it is for example, on the ground, gets on my hand, and goes in my eyes etc. Or if it is simply "hanging in the air" so what say you goons, can I go to the park and play basketball alone or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

No, and there really isn't. I've started playing horseshoes alone. It fulfills the same need requirement but it's a lot safer and more efficient.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tom Gorman posted:

No, and there really isn't. I've started playing horseshoes alone. It fulfills the same need requirement but it's a lot safer and more efficient.

There really isn't what OP? I would like to see if I have some horseshoes around but I suspect not, sadly!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

guitartorch posted:

There really isn't what OP? I would like to see if I have some horseshoes around but I suspect not, sadly!

there isn't a way for you to wash your hands at the park, also you're the op

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Man, I wish I could go to the park and not worry about getting my hands dirty, but I just dunk so hard, you know? Getting both my hands all over that rim. Hanging on for so long after yamming a 360 tomahawk. I mean, I do all those slams without even breaking a sweat so maybe that means it isn't too unhygienic but still i should probably stay home.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stealth Tiger posted:

Man, I wish I could go to the park and not worry about getting my hands dirty, but I just dunk so hard, you know? Getting both my hands all over that rim. Hanging on for so long after yamming a 360 tomahawk. I mean, I do all those slams without even breaking a sweat so maybe that means it isn't too unhygienic but still i should probably stay home.

Im not sure if this a sarcastic own, but, I am trying to determine if the ground could have virus on it, that could get on my basketball and thenceforth my hands OP.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
no, op, you will definitely get a swirly in an unsanitary toilet if you go outside.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I believe the op may be just shooting hoops or running drills. Basketball is a competitive game that requires at least 2 people so no, you can't play it alone in the park.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
from this scientific picture you can see that the virus is a ball.

a basketball is also a ball. Two Balls Cannot Be Bound To Each Other. Think about your perfectly round, firm testes. they stay separated, and we thank goodness that they do. Thusly, this is an example of the Law of Balls

HOWEVER

the virus can indeed be on the ground, and you could get the little nasties in your body Via your shoes. i would advise jumping constantly, which is pretty much how basketball is played any ways, so it shouldnt be too difficult

Senator Sprinkles
Aug 16, 2008

Do you burn a lot of calories just huckin’ a ball at a basket, all alone? You may consider incorporating some extra cardio into your time at the court, maybe by doing a lap or so each shot, or doing some jumping jacks, or getting anally double-penetrated in a public restroom, or even bringing a jump rope. Maybe do 5 burpees for each shot missed (then eventuallly switch to 5 for each shot made once you’re at 50+% accuracy) :)

idk honestly, your circumstances may vary. just shooting from the hip here. Or should I say, SHOOTing from the HOOP! Haha! At least go for a jog before and after to get the blood pumping. Happy hooping!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

OP i've found myself in the same predicament so i've taken to playing solitaire jacks

i don't actually have a set of the ol' knucklebones though so i've been making do with bread twist ties and fluff from stuffed animals my dog has destroyed

e: for the bouncing ball i've adapted a pebble wrapped in the thick rubber bands from years and years of asparagus

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like to play no limits texas hold em by myself

normally its with a belt looped firmly around a door, but in this era of knobs to be polished you can never be too careful

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm I safe to play with my weener alone at the park? I mean there shouldn't be anyone there it's loving shelter in place maybe I just want to get back to nature, right? It is spring, the trees are getting to spread their seeds in nature why can't I?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Nooner posted:

I'm I safe to play with my weener alone at the park? I mean there shouldn't be anyone there it's loving shelter in place maybe I just want to get back to nature, right? It is spring, the trees are getting to spread their seeds in nature why can't I?

It's the hip new thing to do.

https://mobile.twitter.com/alanalevinson/status/1241121787489816577

Very responsible of you to practice social distancing and not involve a partner.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't do it, OP. you'll get nonced by roving gangs of viral raiders

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Give that basketball a good wash at home then stick it straight up your rear end, stay safe.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Wear gloves problem solved op

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Dude seriously? Go play basketball.. bring hand sanitizer if youre worried.

Look out for Nooner tho. He will probably be in the bushes playin with his wiener.

poo poo Nooner you just made me flash back on this super weird memory. I was at a park once in UG reading a book on one of the play structures when this ladyboy dressed in all black leather (crop top, miniskirt, fishnets, and boots) popped out of the bushes on the far side of the park did a little turn on the grass catwalk there and started moseying back into the bushes but not before lifting up her skirt all the way to flash her butt at .. well i guess me.. i was the only one there. I just watched bare rear end disappear into the bushes and felt so bewildered for the rest of the day.

My Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 21, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yes its fine. The virus hates the sun

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tom Gorman posted:

is this a rimworld joke or is my brain just broken

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Im gathering you here for a big update. well the truth is I took a walk to the park to see if it was crowded or if i could shoot some hoop. there was a little sign that said the playground is closed, no big deal because the hoop is a ways away from there. I could see a dad playing some baseball with his kids. Made my way to the court and BOTH OF THE drat BNASKETS WERE ZIP-TIED SHUT!!!!!! all zip ties across them so the ball can't go in there!!! Now THATS social distancing!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

guitartorch posted:

Im gathering you here for a big update. well the truth is I took a walk to the park to see if it was crowded or if i could shoot some hoop. there was a little sign that said the playground is closed, no big deal because the hoop is a ways away from there. I could see a dad playing some baseball with his kids. Made my way to the court and BOTH OF THE drat BNASKETS WERE ZIP-TIED SHUT!!!!!! all zip ties across them so the ball can't go in there!!! Now THATS social distancing!

You should cut down these zip ties with a pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

They are looking for someone that can dunk hard enough to break the zip ties. This is how you become king of the court