Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

New Jack's tactic of constantly claiming he was trying to kill someone when it was an accident is a really smart way to cover up all the times he really tried to kill someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Hirez posted:

:nms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fJ923CZwU4&t=294s

Everyones just standing around like did we just witness a murder?

How is that 69 year old man still walking after that and not dead?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Because apparently Gypsy Joe is one of those super tough old-school wrestlers that can only be put down for good by a silver bullet personally sanctified by the pope.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Holy gently caress. I've just done surface level research on New Jack (e.g. Mass Transit, American Gangsters, Chair Hit Results in Open Skull) and I just don't understand how he is not in jail.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
holy poo poo how have I never seen this one before, or maybe I have and blacked it out... This is almost way dumber than the Janela/Zandig roof spot, it's straight up blue blazering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNm5kNUUpFA&t=302s

good thing the edge of like 1 table and the rubber ropes helped break his fall (and every bone in his body probably)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 27, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, that was the one where New Jack basically said "I was trying to kill this guy and I messed up"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, that was the one where New Jack basically said "I was trying to kill this guy and I messed up"

There's also

quote:

I cut the poo poo out that white boy

Regarding Mass Transit.

New Jack doesn't do remorse.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah had Grimes deflected off the table at a slightly different angle he would have missed the ropes and went to the outside

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why do people work with New Jack? I don't get it.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
As a reminder, that clip of Grimes being thrown off the scaffold is the second time New Jack screwed with Vic Grimes.

They had a match at an ECW PPV where they had a planned spot where they'd go off a scaffold onto some tables. Grimes apparently had second thoughts in the match while they were on the scaffold and told Jack, no, I'm not doing the spot. Jack decided "yes you loving are" and legitimately pulled him off the scaffold with him. They missed the table and just landed on concrete.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
someone post the oj promo

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFfIh6ZThkw

Best quality version i could find.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCuGFkFaSOA

TTBF fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 27, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why do people work with New Jack? I don't get it.

from what I understand, essentially he's only like this if you actively piss him off. Mass Transit was a literal untrained rando who decided to talk a huge amount of poo poo to New Jack right before their match. the Danbury Fall was Vic Grimes' fault and nearly killed New Jack, so he got mad as gently caress and returned the favor. Gypsy Joe just straight up no-sold everything New Jack tried to do in order to "teach him a lesson in hardcore," and you saw the end result of that upthread.

meanwhile, if you just hit your poo poo when you're supposed to, sell for him when you're supposed to, and don't actively try to get him mad at you, he's a totally fine worker who comes cheap, gets big pops from anyone who knows him at all, and puts on reasonably good garbage matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think Mass Transit or Vic Grimes are his fault, he just worked it afterwards. Mass Transit was an untrained kid who lied and had his dad lie to get him in the ring and it just went as bad as it possibly could. Vic looks like he jumped off when he took that fall and just hosed it up.

New Jack also absolutely tried to kill Gypsy Joe, both guys that he's stabbed in the ring, and pretty much anyone he's ever hit in the head with a chair.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

from what I understand, essentially he's only like this if you actively piss him off. Mass Transit was a literal untrained rando who decided to talk a huge amount of poo poo to New Jack right before their match. the Danbury Fall was Vic Grimes' fault and nearly killed New Jack, so he got mad as gently caress and returned the favor. Gypsy Joe just straight up no-sold everything New Jack tried to do in order to "teach him a lesson in hardcore," and you saw the end result of that upthread.

meanwhile, if you just hit your poo poo when you're supposed to, sell for him when you're supposed to, and don't actively try to get him mad at you, he's a totally fine worker who comes cheap, gets big pops from anyone who knows him at all, and puts on reasonably good garbage matches.

Transit just asked Jack to blade him, no poo poo talking to my knowledge

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

And what about the guy he stabbed in the ring multiple times?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy said "not so new any more eh, jack? just joshing" before the match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't wait until that episode airs just to see how many casual wrestling fans are unaware of New Jack until now :allears:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Hirez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fJ923CZwU4&t=294s

Everyones just standing around like did we just witness a murder?

I keep rewatching this for this trade off:

Woman in Audience: "You're ridiculous!"

New Jack: "You're ridiculous!"

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

thank you going to watch this 420 times

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t think New Jack has done anything wrong in an america that hates black men.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t think New Jack has done anything wrong in an america that hates black men.

i would call myself a new jack apologist and this is still a ludicrous take lol

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

WatermelonGun posted:

i would call myself a new jack apologist and this is still a ludicrous take lol

Eat My Fuc

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Something to keep in mind with Mass Transit/Erik Kulas is that New Jack didn't use a regular wrestling blade. He used, depending on the source, either a surgical scalpel or an X-Acto knife. He would have still hosed the kid up with a regular blade, but not nearly as badly.

(There were rumors at the time that the knife was something collected into New Jack's "fans bring the weapons" trash can at the door, with a story of a fan yelling "Hey! That's my knife!" being out there. But I don't think that's ever been close to confirmed.)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I also love the OJ promo but this might be a bit much.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I also love the OJ promo but this might be a bit much.

Watch his shoot on benoit, dude's morals are extreme but he's chaotic good

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ehhhhh, I think he has a lot of justified anger and by all accounts is a good dude to a lot of the wrestlers he's worked with but he's also violently hosed people up for little reason.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ehhhhh, I think he has a lot of justified anger and by all accounts is a good dude to a lot of the wrestlers he's worked with but he's also violently hosed people up for little reason.

I see that. I think he's a flawed individual but I dunno I've seen hours of his shoots and went in thinking he was a psychopath and there's something else there some kind of Rorshach morality that I can't help but sympathize with even though it has obviously lead to harm. I think he's fascinating absolutely and I guess most importantly in regards to this thread this series has been among the best ever produced in wrestling and I think they'll nail the angle from all sides.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mariooncrack posted:

And what about the guy he stabbed in the ring multiple times?

...that's Mass Transit, isn't it? or did he do that to multiple people?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

dsriggs posted:

Eat My Fuc

New Jack should go to Russia so he can wrestle Alex

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That was quite the film on the second-worst performer of Wrestlemania 23.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

lol maybe you should actually read a few things about the dude before you jump in here defending him. the other guy he violently pieced up with a knife was William Jason Lane

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 28, 2020

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
they say he stabbed him 14 times, but new jack says he only stabbed him 9 times. if you look at it that way, new jack is only 64% as bad as people say he is.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6HwTaQFmN0

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aye Doc posted:

lol maybe you should actually read a few things about the dude before you jump in here defending him. the other guy he violently pieced up with a knife was William Jason Lane

i realize turning situations into fights is basically how you get cool points on SA and make people like you, but what i said isn't exactly a defense. a guy having a short enough fuse that he'll stab the gently caress out of you for talking poo poo, in a business that is 50% talking poo poo by volume, is not exactly great.

it's just also sort of obvious why people would hire him when you look at the entire picture beyond "he stabs people." because the incidents of him trying to kill people are, by all appearances, outliers, he works absurdly cheap compared to basically anyone remotely similar, and he's an ECW Original, meaning you're basically guaranteed to get your money's worth just from people going "oh holy gently caress I know that guy" if you're some dirt-indie deathmatch promoter. him having hosed up one extra dude (in a situation that, on further investigation, seems to be basically a repeat of Mass Transit: untrained idiot asks NJ to blade him, NJ blades him way too much) doesn't really change that calculus.

dude's a risk, but he's one you can mitigate by just not throwing him at anyone who'll piss him off or do something dumb.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

davidbix posted:

Something to keep in mind with Mass Transit/Erik Kulas is that New Jack didn't use a regular wrestling blade. He used, depending on the source, either a surgical scalpel or an X-Acto knife. He would have still hosed the kid up with a regular blade, but not nearly as badly.

(There were rumors at the time that the knife was something collected into New Jack's "fans bring the weapons" trash can at the door, with a story of a fan yelling "Hey! That's my knife!" being out there. But I don't think that's ever been close to confirmed.)

I was at an ECW show where New Jack hung outside with the fans and went through the can and pulled out some absolutely insane things that even he was shocked and joked that "you people really want me to kill a motherfucker". There was a loving pitchfork in there.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

him having hosed up one extra dude (in a situation that, on further investigation, seems to be basically a repeat of Mass Transit: untrained idiot asks NJ to blade him, NJ blades him way too much) doesn't really change that calculus.

he stabbed a dude in the neck and back 9 times. please do not reduce it down to "Blading Gone Wrong." even if Lane went to New Jack before the match and said "hey man, can you blade me up a little in here?" how the gently caress do you get from that to New Jack stabbing him repeatedly

quote:

dude's a risk, but he's one you can mitigate by just not throwing him at anyone who'll piss him off or do something dumb.

the truly horrible, awful thing William Lane did to him was, to be green as hell and hit New Jack with some stiff punches btw.

and i'm sure there are a dozen or more brain damaged idiots running wrestling companies out there who would hire New Jack in a heartbeat and be glad to throw him out there to gently caress up whatever other poor idiot they put him in the ring with. pro wrestling sucks rear end, it turns out, because of facts like this. taking liberties with other wrestlers is some garbage rear end poo poo and New Jack not only does that, he does it with deadly weapons. poo poo's wild and not cool.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

holy moley. What is going on with multiple people doing the "don't piss him off" He's not Hardcore Bobholly!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Forgot about bob holly's actions when I made that post. i was referring to the beginning stinger of his theme song, which goes like this: "Dont piss............................... Me Off!" it doesn't make sense because bob holly is a similar person but without weapons, so please ignore the post and this one as you usually do. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

According the my cable box, the ep after the New Jack ep is going to be The Brawl for All