Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Really didn't need to know about Vicki and Eddie's antics in bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

There was the story about Owen's funeral, where the WWF sent a giant wreath, and it, of course, had the WWF logo in it. The story goes that Martha immediately had it trashed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I did see one Twitter comment questioning why the Benoit doc was so "one sided" and why didn't they cover any of the other "theories" to what had happened.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TheCool69 posted:

Looking at him unfortunately also made me think that hopefully he never becomes a wrestler..i

Last I heard, not only is David training to be a wrestler, he wants to go by "Chris Benoit Jr."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

According the my cable box, the ep after the New Jack ep is going to be The Brawl for All

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

What happened to New Jack's forehead?

Years of blading during matches

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

God help me, but I laughed at New Jack telling the story of tasing Vic Grimes. "I can't feel my legs!" "You're not going to need them." *TOSS*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/DarkSideOfRing/status/1245858223795494913?s=20

4/7 – The Brawl For All
4/14 – Jimmy Snuka
4/21 – Dino Bravo
4/28 – Dr. D David Schultz
5/5 – Herb Abrams & The UWF
5/12 – The Road Warriors
5/19 – Owen Hart

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/DarkSideOfRing/status/1246954359914717184?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 6, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Seams posted:

Vince should’ve repackaged him as Bart “the hit man” Gunn

Bart "The Machine" Gunn

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

One thing I didn't like was how they made it seem like Snuka's career went downhill after the incident. I mean, he was with the WWF for 2 years after the incident, was a character in the WWF cartoon, had an action figure made of him, was brought back full time in 89, was inducted into the HoF in 96, and had his last Wrestlemania match in 2009.

Despite knowing what he had done, WWE was perfectly content to continue working with him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

davidbix posted:

They said downhill after the lawsuit was filed, didn't they? Which is more or less true. That was in early-mid '85, around when he left the WWE amidst the Kuwait incident and other difficulties. He moved to Hawaii, was working less, and claimed to be destitute. He was still working NJPW, which paid great (and in cash), but that was more riding Brody's coattails than anything else. He was barely above prelim level when he came back in '89.

They implied that his career trajectory after the lawsuit was he went from the WWF, to the AWA, to the indies, to doing conventions. They failed to mention that the WWF brought him back to fanfare (He even got a special introduction at Mania 5) and worked for them on and off since 89.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1250465399759450113?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Better Than You posted:

My big takeaway from that episode is that Schultz had a shittier version of Savage's Flying Elbow

Couldn't be worse than CM Punk's.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Next season they should do an ep on Wrestlicious

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rick posted:

I was a pretty dedicated watcher of WWE Confidential (apparently one of the only ones given how relatively low the ratings were for the show) and I think they may might have done a more complete job of covering the events of the Road Warriors on that show, but this one covered the emotions of everyone and I liked it, and liked how this was almost entirely the told by the wrestlers and Ellering. Also it must have been tough getting this to fit in an hour because so many drat things happened in their careers.

I just watched that infamous Summerslam last week or the week before, and I had forgotten which match it was until it got underway. Poor DiBiase and IRS are basically wrestling a 270lb broomstick, and the finish comes out of nowhere on a flash power slam despite the match feeling like it was 30 minutes long.

They also failed to mention that before that Summerslam match, Hawk was so out of it, that he parked his motorcycle on the wrong side of Animal's, so Animal ended up severely burning his leg on the tailpipe of his motorcycle. Burned it so bad that his tights had fused to his leg. So not only could Hawk not wrestle, Animal was basically on one leg.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/DarkSideOfRing/status/1260684958298976257?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Still say they need to cover Wrestlicious, just for the laughs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Haven't watched the ep yet, but Martha tell the story about how the company sent a wreath to Owen's funeral, and it had a giant WWF logo in it?

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1263200247766867969?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 20, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The story I heard was the "bit" was supposed to be that he got lowered to the ring, then hilariously got "stuck", would flail around for a few seconds, then have the quick release to do a pratfall into the ring.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Red posted:

The Owen episode made him look like a super super decent guy, and I've honestly forgotten about some of the dumb/racist things he's done in the past. Cornette has always struck me as a basically decent person who can't process that he might say wrong/dumb things, and thinks such things can't possibly be his fault.

Then again

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1264867773580263424

Bobby Eaton was an incredibly talented worker, but the man had the personality of blank sheet of paper.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I remember at one point during the AWA produced movie "The Wrestler" starring Verne Gagne and Ed Asner, at one point Ray Stevens kills a guy during a match, and the film's like "Well, it happens!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MAY 6th!

https://twitter.com/DarkSideOfRing/status/1380241662274895875?s=20