Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So I watched part 1 of the Benoit one and I did like how it tied Eddie's tragedy into Benoit's breakdown and their history which lead up to the murder suicide. I assume part 2 is more about the drug testing, the CTE and fallout of Benoit's actions.

I also went and binged Season 1. I watched the Brody one when it was released, and while most of it was stuff i knew, hearing it from Tony Atlas was heart breaking, Abby still working for the documentary sucked rear end and he comes off like a prick in it, which from what i remember isn't far off. The Moolah one was hit and miss, the Sweet Georgia Brown, Wendi, and Princess Victoria's early part of the interview were good, but that closing part was weird and seemed to contradict her previous statement. I wish they interviewed more women against Moolah than for her like Mad Maxine who spoke out against her when the Battle Royal was named.

The Von Erichs one was pretty cut and dry with nothing that new or elaborated on besides it coming off more as Kevin's final say about his family. They kind of sugar coated Fritz being a piece of poo poo though. The Gino Hernandez one was good and a story i didn't really know much about, though it felt a bit rushed with the ending and kind of off tone with the John Royal & the anonymous friend of theirs who apparently knew what happened.

The Montreal Screwjob and the Savage/Elizabeth ones were kind of the weakest of the group The Von Erichs, Moolah, Gino, and Brody ones all have a darker, sadder, and realer tone that I think would make them more interesting to non-wrestling fans than something about a bad business and Macho/Elizabeth kind of brushing over the rampant rumors of domestic violence with Savage.

I think the weakest ones of this season are Brawl for All & Road Warriors, besides Hawk's downward spiral. I'm interested to see if there is more to Dino Bravo's life than the murder and how much it goes into it possibly being a mob related thing. David Schultz one is kind of whatever to me, i dont really know how much more of Schultz's life is controversial enough to have a near 44 minute episode about him, unless its more about wrestlers trying to protect kayfabe and assaulting people/reporters, like Vader did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
David is apparently a notorious flake about quitting and not actually wanting to do the training and just wants to do the wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Abdullah the Butcher's grooves from blading are so deep he can wedge a poker chip in the groove and use his forehead muscles to pop the chip out

This is funny because New Jack hates Abdullah, mostly for right reasons, but also because he claims Abby's forehead isn't legit like his and is body modifications.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
god the brawl 4 all ep is gonna suck with how much russo is going to be a talking head

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Brawl 4 All episode was incredibly weak even compared to the first season. Surprised they ran with this instead of something like the ring boy scandal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I love Dr Death, but also that dude was not going to be a star in Attitude Era WWE at all unless he was made as even more of a joke

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
can tell you first hand the police here are still shady as gently caress and super lovely. The motel is now a home depot.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

Anyone else think Gino Brito looked like he knew something? How could he have lived next door and not heard the gun shots?

i know everyone hates him and i know some of his posts aren't serious rovert claims Brito was also in the mob business, and let me just say, looking at the dude he 100% looks like a mafioso.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

i know everyone hates him and i know some of his posts aren't serious rovert claims Brito was also in the mob business, and let me just say, looking at the dude he 100% looks like a mafioso.

Wait we're mixing up Brito and Tony Mule. Tony Mule is totally in the mob. Also yeah the wife's story is a bit shady

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
this episode was good. dr d is an entertaining character, the slimy union dude who was probably more in it for himself than others, and a salty as gently caress john stossel

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The only real things they didnt cover that i'm aware of that was worth talking about was the Dr Death, Herb, & Ray work shoot/shoot.

Laughed my rear end off at the multiple deaths of Herb Abrams that the actor was hamming up

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Road Warriors episode was weakest one, there wasnt much "dark side" besides Hawk's addiction and death

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They had enough suggestions on twitter when they asked about a 2nd season they probably have enough material or cases to look at for a season 3 already. A lot of people suggested the ring boy scandal for example so maybe they thought with two big heavy hitters they had enough for this season

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Better Than You posted:

I probably missed this while watching the doc but what did he do?

when he went into the HOF he got weepy and begged martha to let wwe "bring owen home to the hof"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Inoki-ism is barely a dark thing in japan. There's a bunch other things like Yakuza ties to promotions, which may or may not include Rikidozan's stabbing, deaths in the training schools, Collision in Korea. Honestly would be interested in seeing them expand the Dark Side of the Ring to MMA as well.