Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Let me know if anyone else remembers hearing this story from a wrestler on a podcast. I forget who, but someone was saying they had a match booked against Gypsy Joe. So the wrestler walks into the locker room that night and he sees this dude who is like 60 years old. And the other wrestlers backstage tell him "Hey this Gypsy Joe dude used to be popular, but just take it real easy on him. He's an old man now." So the wrestler throws the weakest punch ever, and Joe hits him back with a wallop. And Joe is throwing crazy stiff chops, and slowly the wrestler realized he was getting ribbed and that Gypsy Joe was a crazy old dude, and that match just turns into this super rough brawl with two dudes beating the poo poo out of each other. And if I remember, the wrestler got the joke and found it funny and was down to have that match so it was cool.

I don't remember him linking it to the New Jack incident, but is there a chance someone thought it would be a good idea to play a prank on New Jack and didn't smarten him up to what Gypsy Joe was like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

"Paul worked the whole goddamn court room" or however New Jack said it was hysterical and I can very easily picture Heyman getting into some kind of character before being called to be a witness for one of his employees

Stealth Tiger fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 2, 2020

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I am extremely hyped for the episode about the collision in Korea. If anyone hasn't read about Muhammed Ali, Ric Flair, WCW, Antonio Inoki, and NJPW traveling to North Korea yet, you absolutely need to. It is fascinating.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/04/27/muhammad-ali-ric-flair-oral-history-pro-wrestling-north-korea