Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

That picture early on of Daniel grabbing the back of David's shirt ruined me. I wasn't all that familiar with Nancy heading into this doc and I really appreciate them covering her. Also didn't realize just how bad of a spot Eddie was in before he cleaned up.

Overall thought that documentary was really good. Guts me that nobody was able to get to Benoit after Eddie's death and I guess even if they did, he probably would've just brushed it off anyways. Really glad to see Chavo and Jericho involved with David and helping reconnect him with Sandra.

There was also a strange relief in seeing New Jack was the next episode, as insane as he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Russo coming up with Brawl 4 All just to have JBL get knocked out is actually hilarious. Really enjoyed seeing Bart's perspective, I really knew next to nothing about him. Always knew about Dr. Death's push getting killed because of this, but wild that Bart was set up to fail, then won, and then was screwed over. Knew a good bit about Brawl 4 All heading into it, knew about the injuries, but didn't know they were that bad like Doc and Godfather.

Definitely a weaker episode, but thought it was still pretty decent. Can't bring out the heaters every week. Wayyy too much Russo though.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Bart deserved better. Russo obviously was not meant to come off like anything other than a buffoon in this but I couldn't help but side with him during the part where Cornette was recounting the reaction to Bart beating Williams. Russo apparently suggests "well then we'll just make a star out of Bart!" Cornette's reaction to that idea was baffling. It's the exact same mentality that WWE has had and used to gently caress over people for decades. So Dr. Death lost and was out with an injury, and now you've got Brawl For All Winner, Bart Gunn on your hands. Why not do something with him then!? Something you could capitalize on has fallen in your laps! He's there, he won the thing, he's the toughest guy in the locker room, what the gently caress is the problem in utilizing that in some way? Elevate him a bit! He doesn't need to start main eventing PPVs and having the company built around him but surely he'd have been a fine enough IC champ, see how he does, then maybe move him up in a year or two? Instead they punish him. loving brilliant. Why make money with someone when you can spitefully destroy their career for doing literally what they were told to do and mocked for obviously not being capable of.

It is truly baffling. Like you said, he doesn't need to main event a PPV. Hell, they could've just had a title defense main event an episode of RAW at the very least. Show that he could hang with a top guy and then let him find his footing in the upper midcard potentially. Get him a mouthpiece, but Vince hates 98% of them anyways I guess.