Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That was a very strange moment with Chavo going "Wait, maybe *all* wrestlers are brain damaged :aaaaa: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The other funny moment was Vince's little speech. "Truly Benoit was one of the greatest...*brain goes through a three second reboot to avoid saying 'Wrestlers'*...sports entertainers of all time"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

is there a word for loving up, but in a manner that's more impressive than if you didn't
This was Sabu's entire wrestling career

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Now I'm just remembering the bizarre story of Miz getting kicked out of the locker room by Benoit for smearing chicken crumbs on someone's bag. Which is what it is, but then Benoit died and locker room rules dictated Benoit had to be the one to let him back in too. So Miz just spent months changing out in the hall until Undertaker finally noticed and went "Uh, get back in here dummy, I wave my magic Locker Room Leader wand"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, that was the one where New Jack basically said "I was trying to kill this guy and I messed up"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It seems for all the world like it's one part He's Working, one part blackout anger problem

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Sandman's reaction to learning Mass Transit wanted New Jack to take a stupid bump. "Ohhhhhhh, now this all makes sense"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Running away until all the steroid lunks tear their own quads would work out alright, until you get to Bart Gunn, then you'd die

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Reminds me of Billy Gunn on a recent AEW podcast.

Schiavone: Could Bart Gunn beat up ten people at a bar?

Billy: Yes.

Schiavone: You say that so matter of factly.

Billy: Yes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hirez posted:

What happened to Blackman in the BFA? And wasn't he like legit going to kill everyone until they made some anti-blac
kman rule?
Blackman beat Mark Mero in the first round, then hurt himself training and had to bow out. It was Dan Severn who basically went "I get a point for takedowns? Alright, I'm just going to do double legs and win this by a million points, I will never throw a punch because I don't have to." After he beat Godfather this way, they pulled him out of the tournament

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'd always heard Davey Boy was trying to help but he was too much of a steroid lunk to get out of the car before Shawn got his rear end whupped

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well gently caress. That police report really makes it sound like it was Owen's sillyass cape that killed him. The test (and the one rigger's testimony) would indicate the thing started choking him on the descent, Owen tried pulling at it and pulled the cheap release mechanism instead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And then they sent Jeff Jarrett, by most accounts Owen's best friend, out there to wrestle next to a big puddle of his blood.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That one police report would indicate he fell about as soon as they let him go from the rafters. The one with the testimony from the rigger.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Red posted:

Here's a web archive of a page by a fan who posted a bunch of pictures from the event:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080304022127/http://homepage.mac.com/knarley/owenhart/timeline/owentimeline.html

I'm confused as to where Owen was bleeding from.

Seems he gashed his right arm somewhere during all this.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They had Kanyon get thrown off the top of a cage. Same arena, just over a year later

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Two guys, seemingly. The replacement (cheap) rigger WWE hired, and one other. Second guy claims to have looked away for a second when they started lowering Owen, looked back and he was gone.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Trump's far more of a coward. You push Vince enough and the mask starts dropping, if his interviews are any indication.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It might be pretty gay to keep a diary and Livejournal about your dead friend every day

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And that led to Nancy Grace's bizarre "He was about to be demoted to the Four Horsemen" line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I did like Animal's story about how Hawk was a literal teen movie villain growing up, fighting people in high school and then on the off chance you beat him he was your best friend