Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why do people work with New Jack? I don't get it.

from what I understand, essentially he's only like this if you actively piss him off. Mass Transit was a literal untrained rando who decided to talk a huge amount of poo poo to New Jack right before their match. the Danbury Fall was Vic Grimes' fault and nearly killed New Jack, so he got mad as gently caress and returned the favor. Gypsy Joe just straight up no-sold everything New Jack tried to do in order to "teach him a lesson in hardcore," and you saw the end result of that upthread.

meanwhile, if you just hit your poo poo when you're supposed to, sell for him when you're supposed to, and don't actively try to get him mad at you, he's a totally fine worker who comes cheap, gets big pops from anyone who knows him at all, and puts on reasonably good garbage matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mariooncrack posted:

And what about the guy he stabbed in the ring multiple times?

...that's Mass Transit, isn't it? or did he do that to multiple people?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

dsriggs posted:

Eat My Fuc

New Jack should go to Russia so he can wrestle Alex

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aye Doc posted:

lol maybe you should actually read a few things about the dude before you jump in here defending him. the other guy he violently pieced up with a knife was William Jason Lane

i realize turning situations into fights is basically how you get cool points on SA and make people like you, but what i said isn't exactly a defense. a guy having a short enough fuse that he'll stab the gently caress out of you for talking poo poo, in a business that is 50% talking poo poo by volume, is not exactly great.

it's just also sort of obvious why people would hire him when you look at the entire picture beyond "he stabs people." because the incidents of him trying to kill people are, by all appearances, outliers, he works absurdly cheap compared to basically anyone remotely similar, and he's an ECW Original, meaning you're basically guaranteed to get your money's worth just from people going "oh holy gently caress I know that guy" if you're some dirt-indie deathmatch promoter. him having hosed up one extra dude (in a situation that, on further investigation, seems to be basically a repeat of Mass Transit: untrained idiot asks NJ to blade him, NJ blades him way too much) doesn't really change that calculus.

dude's a risk, but he's one you can mitigate by just not throwing him at anyone who'll piss him off or do something dumb.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aye Doc posted:

he stabbed a dude in the neck and back 9 times. please do not reduce it down to "Blading Gone Wrong." even if Lane went to New Jack before the match and said "hey man, can you blade me up a little in here?" how the gently caress do you get from that to New Jack stabbing him repeatedly

asking new jack to blade you up a little is like asking a wild animal to just maul you a little. it is probably one of the dumbest things you can do, on this planet earth, as a human being. this probably should have been clear after the FIRST goddamn time he responded to a dude asking him to blade him by going :unsmigghh: and stabbing him nearly to death in the ring.

e: like, you'd think "do not loving ask new jack to blade you" would be one of those things that's just sort of obvious. like i dunno. clearly nothing that's said about him is wrong, but... this is a business with a lot of completely unmanageable dangers who'll gently caress you up for almost literally no reason, because wrestling tends to attract insane people. someone who's a manageable danger, where you can do very obvious things to prevent him from going psycho, seems at the bare minimum distinct from that, if not necessarily better in the long run.

i think we're more on the same page than not, frankly, and i'm just a bit more cynical about it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

flashy_mcflash posted:

I had high expectations that they'd be more...stylish? Or at least better produced or less generic when the co-creator did this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J4xu0CuCOw

WAIT WHAT THE gently caress JASON EISENER IS DOING THIS SHOW!?

I am a huge stan for that dude and I had no loving clue

e: :stare: yep, okay, finding out that that's him makes me even more disappointed at the reenactments, because holy poo poo that dude loving owns

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 30, 2020