Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Cubone posted:

is it weird that they don't mention Perry Saturn in this at all? I think they even cut his name out at one point

Perry Saturn should be his own whole episode but unfortunately he was so disconnected from anybody for so long that he can only really tell his own story and his mind is pretty far gone and he's been on and off drugs still as far as I know. I think it's a thing where if you bring him up you have to provide similar context to Eddie/Malenko/Jericho and it's just not there and he wasn't really involved at all with anything that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

christ the part at 9 minutes where jericho tries to jump up and moonsault off the top turnbuckle, slips and lands on the 2nd turnbuckle and does it anyway and almost lands on his neck

is there a word for loving up, but in a manner that's more impressive than if you didn't

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

part 2 was uploaded to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtP3vMElcQ

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

they say he stabbed him 14 times, but new jack says he only stabbed him 9 times. if you look at it that way, new jack is only 64% as bad as people say he is.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

it happens mostly when you're wrestling every night and blading every night. the cuts are superficial and heal pretty quick usually without scarring but if you constantly re-open them you'll get scar tissue buildup and suddenly you can hold quarters in your forehead slots

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i was behind eddy mansfield until that abraham lincoln thing. at least it wasn't MLK, i guess

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

Jericho also told them his Nitro debut was at Manatee Civic Center, and that whole afternoon he was walking around marking out saying "I AM ON THE HALLOWED GROUND OF BEACH BRAWL"

drat, it's true! against the one and only!

edit: I watched it and it's very weird. Alex Wright does a flying nothing from the top into the barricade, is going to be counted out, Jericho asks the ref to call the match and is booed. Then he cuts a promo against Hogan and the NWO and says he and Alex will fight for the WCW, while being booed.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 6, 2020

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

CVagts posted:

I thought Eddie Mansfield had hit the best quote of the series last week, but here comes B. Brian Blair with the mother of all haymakers.

"Herb Abrams left this world doing what he loved: cocaine and hookers."

Foley also had a great line in response to being asked what he thought Herb would be doing if he were alive today: "Time."

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

alberto del rio is on the fast track to getting his own episode before long

i'd say he's already there but it's too soon and people who are still working for WWE would have to be there to tell some of those stories.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

anecdotal twitter reporting but i've seen a few people saying this episode changed their mind with regards to WWEs responsibility and their views of Martha so that's telling.

before watching this i never knew anything about his kids but goddamn if he wouldn't be so proud. she raised them to know drat sure he'd be as proud as a parent could possibly be and it shows. i'm glad they're living a good life doing good things and have nothing to do with wrestling, just like he wanted, and it's a loving travesty they have to be pulled into it even this one last time and some loving idiots out there will still whine that vince doesn't get to "honor" him while probably playing clips of the dumbass gimmick that led to his death.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

just throwing this out there, free username idea

Juche Robinson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

the producers have talked about how hard it is to even get 2-part episodes approved, you're never going to get a comprehensive career retrospective out of a cable TV documentary