Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yes I will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A LICKY BOOM BOOM DOWN

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh, hello.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

currently thinking of ways to murder

uh huh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tell me more.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Imagine there's no killers

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Grandicap posted:

These are posts of someone acutely aware of how their posts are going to be taken. It flows naturally, as it is likely off the top of your dome, but it is conscious of self to a high degree. Scum are more worried about how they appear than town are.

Stop. Encouraging. Him.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would not swap my role PM with anyone

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote MMT

it's been too long since we played together

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

OK. This is my official breadcrumb post.

It's subtle, but I've encoded a secret message within the contents of this post.

NO loving CODES

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ve often told myself if I had a dayvig I would play it cool and save it for day 2 or 3 when I was pretty sure about someone

But let’s be real I’d wait for someone to joke about it and immediately dayvig them while saying “let’s start...with you!” or something equally stupid

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Dayvig a lurker

Or maybe...we can make sure you have to lurk more!

[b

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

ContentGame has been proven to catch a member of the informed minority every time.

You were just in a game where it did the exact opposite of this.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Grandicap posted:

It did end up working, for the wrong reasons. It got LM completely arbitrarily. Which is not unlike most D1 cuddleparties.

True, it did lead to a LM lunch on day 2, and all it cost was Lumpen telling the scum team the entire telephone chain an hour into day 1 giving them ninja/juggernaut kills for the rest of the game :laugh:

But anyway, Let’s Content Game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Not to interrupt Content░Game (パ若凹)but I would actually like everyone to post their gut feelings on Yuming, Steak, and Leith if they have any please.

probably town
probably scum
probably town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Hey remember the two times in the last 3 months where I pointed out that content games let lumpen hide as scum and lead town around by the nose and then he was scum both times?

Aw relax it's better than letting people fumble the delivery on jokes

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Lumpen, if you’ll remember correctly, Opop said something similar in the last game, and he was town. Not everyone likes dancing to your tune.

The trap closes on the scum team!!!!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

You are very self conscious

:laugh:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Because I am Town and I am here posting. I am always a poor D1 vote.

If you're Town, here's a guide for voting me: Vote me if I lurk. Vote me if a few days have passed and I've led cases on people that flipped Town. If I have forcefully pushed a vote on a minority to a hammer, then consider me Town because I never bus. Never let me live to a 3-person LYLO, but always give me the benefit of the doubt over anyone who posts less content than me.

If you're not Town, go ahead and vote me. I'm a high value target to get off the board and it diminishes my ability to case you if you get the drop on me. The downside is your vote looks really suspicious when am demonstrate to the other Town that I'm Town, and if you actually succeed in flipping me you won't have a good excuse, fakecasing me will usually ring especially hollow, vs. someone else who actually plays badly.

OH MY GOD THIS POST IS AWFUL

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

yuming posted:

I have reached semantic satiation with the term "Distance Learning Plan." :sparkles:

I like Somberbreo's posts as town. Lumpen is neutral to me. Grandi feels town.

I voted Opop because I had vague feeling but his explanation makes sense

Right now I feel suspicious of Mr. Humalong for sideline posts that don't meaningfully engage. ##vote Mr. Humalong

yes welcome to mafia glad you decided to play

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I think from now on any time someone starts using their own meta as a defense I am going to insist we vote them out.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I don’t intend to change this vote, it’s me or him today.

oh hi merk

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This completely manufactured drive is not interesting to me. I'm going to see what else I can dig up.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote PQ

This is a scum replacement. I know the MMT meta.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Mr. Steak (10 hours later and counting...): ...

Lmfao this is like half a shift at work for me, :cmon:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

1. It is a slur. Being randomly assigned member of the informed minority in a social deception game doesn't warrant getting called a term of abuse for the next few weeks of your life while you play the game.

Oh my god

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Can you give some examples of this MMT meta?

Yeah

This game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

How many people do we have around in the next 5 hours? I know Inf and Mithross are almost definitely not around (Inf because of his post stating that and Mith because they have been lurking), and I will most likely be more or less around until deadline.

I don’t like the Lumpen vote but I’m having a hard time thinking of alternatives. Maybe YPM or yuming? Obviously I believe that MMT is scum that replaced out but I can see people would prefer to not play to our win-condition and give the scum a pass for a day (or 2??? lmao y’all wild).

YPM is encroaching on my shitpost day 1 turf and I don’t like it. Yuming is just kind of breezing on into the thread and then flitting back out, like a scum trying to muddy the waters.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Yep, I've seen with fight between Lumpen and RF before during Europa Universalis and they were both town.

Lumpen was not town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

We would not be "back at this point again tomorrow" if yuming flips informed minority, right? You just said you would vote her and you don't expect her to be Town, right?

:thunk:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

ending the day now would not be early.

god i really hate the culture that we MUST bring the day to one moment before deadline every single time!

Worried about something? :smug:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

I agree with this and it’s enough for me to vote RF today.
Or I’d vote humalong for claiming to work 20 hour shifts.

I’m literally working a 16 hour shift as I type this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I could see Opop today. He’s really dug his feet in trying to get this Lumpen axe but it feels somewhat fabricated to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I do not like that yuming and PQ also want to vote Opop, however.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jeepers fellas, sure would hate to vote for a townie!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Why did you not vote out Mith there? Christ almighty

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I said I wouldn’t trade my role PM because I didn’t like the idea of possibly getting scum or 3p. I wasn’t trying to hint at having a power role, but good job scum team for killing me anyway.

(I didn’t even get my role PM until after day 1 started)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:argh: yuming :argh:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mithross posted:

We voted you out for being a good player

lol my n1 cop was on Steak so let's not say things we can't take back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007