Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I have ample free time for the foreseeable future and will play your game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
No it's fine, I can play two roles.

I am Mithross A. I support the town and puppies.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

No it's fine, I can play two roles.

I am Mithross A. I support the town and puppies.

I am Mithross B and this is a scum post.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I am Mithross B and this is a scum post.

I am Mithross A and you are a liar and a cheat. I challenge you to thunderdome.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

We don't need this kind of language in this crisis. That was very rude.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Stop. Encouraging. Him.

If you can think of anything that doesn't encourage Steak, you let me know.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Always dayvig someone at random during jokephase to end jokephase early, it is the SA way.

Or actually don't because it's a terrible idea, but that hasn't stopped anyone ever. If I ever get a dayvig it almost certainly won't stop me.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

It has been awhile since I last played with Lumpen but this doesn't seem out of the normal for him. Also I agree with Steak that nobody is going to have a functional read on Steak day 1. At this point if he scum claimed and spent the day sticking to his claim I would still hesitate to vote him out d1. However reacting strongly to Lumpen is also alignment neutral. Basically I don't have any reads at the moment.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Your Personal Muse posted:

What would help you get reads? Because boy howdy you didn’t say anything at all in this post

I said that all the Lumpen and Steak back and forth is fairly meaningless because it happens in every game either of them are in and I've never been able to apply any sort of rhyme or reason to it, so I mark it all as a big null tell I have to read through most games. They both have very similar d1s regardless of alignment and we should log their comments but look elsewhere.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Cool, this is useless, so what do you need to happen to actually have a read or two?

Well it's useless in that it says I think your vote is useless because steak is generally a poor d1 lunch regardless of alignment. So are you saying it's useless because you disagree?

For me to have a real, I am sure this person is scum d1 read someone needs to make a real honest mistake for me to latch onto. D1 I have feelings.

I wouldn't want to vote out Grandicap or Somber right now, they are leaning town to me. Sandwolf has latched onto Lumpen's arrogance but admits he can't really tell between fake and real Lumpen arrogance. RF has done nothing but react to Lumpen, but he hasn't even assigned alignment to it. Inf has no content, Hal has a miller claim and that's it, Leith has a little content but then is diverted by Somber, MMT hasn't posted, Quid called for the content game to begin then hasn't come back.

So I guess what I need to get reads is for people to play mafia and talk about things that aren't Lumpen or Steak.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

To answer your question: it doesn’t matter if you think my vote is useless. It matters what you think that useless vote means with regard to my alignment or anyone else’s alignment. Of course I disagree my vote is useless, but that’s irrelevant.

Do you think RF is scum?

Not this early in the game. If we were near the end of d1 and I could say the same thing (only reacted to Lumpen, no alignment call) that would be different. But at ~24 hours into the game it's still a wait and see for me.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Pussy Quipped posted:

Incredibly lurky.

They refused to put forth any meaningful opinion on steak or lumpen because they have a hard time reading them, then suggested that they couldn't provide a meaningful opinion on ANYONE else in the game because they were only talking about steak and lumpen(which isnt true).

Pretty scummy vibes tbh

I said I couldn't give meaningful opinions on anyone who had only talked about steak or lumpen, less than 24 hours into the game. I talked about other people. Many people had no meaningful content that wasn't about steak or lumpen at that time, I even made a list.

I ran errands and am just getting settled for the rest of my involuntary vacation day, I caught up on the thread but haven't dug in.

Still not particularly interested in voting Lumpen or Steak today, and the thunderdome seems ridiculous.

Leith actively admitting he was looking for a d1 claim looks really bad.

I went back over Inf and I can see him for scum. Low engagement posts until after RF throws the gauntlet, then determines they are both some form of anti-town... but he doesn't care which dies. Unless you think they are allied scum together, you should have a preference there, and it's the one you think is actually scum and not 3p.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

How many people do we have around in the next 5 hours? I know Inf and Mithross are almost definitely not around (Inf because of his post stating that and Mith because they have been lurking), and I will most likely be more or less around until deadline.

I don’t like the Lumpen vote but I’m having a hard time thinking of alternatives. Maybe YPM or yuming? Obviously I believe that MMT is scum that replaced out but I can see people would prefer to not play to our win-condition and give the scum a pass for a day (or 2??? lmao y’all wild).

YPM is encroaching on my shitpost day 1 turf and I don’t like it. Yuming is just kind of breezing on into the thread and then flitting back out, like a scum trying to muddy the waters.

I am just getting around, I wake up around 1pm pst. This d1 has not been fun for me and it's been making it a chore to get back to the thread, but I will be in the general vicinity of my computer for the rest of the day.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

MMT meta or not PQ is giving off town vibes and I am not concerned that they are scum. RF is looking worse as the day goes on, I would vote there before I'd vote lumpen. At this point only talking about lumpen is the same as spending an entire game day doing setup spec or otherwise not working towards the town wincon - it goes from null tell to looking scummy. Inf I am inclined to give the day like he asked - these are lovely times and I would really hope nobody in the game would lie about that to score imaginary points in a forum game.

I will vote Lumpen if that's what we need to avoid a no lynch but I'd rather vote RF, of those two.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Well that is not ideal.

I could see any of the reasons provided being why scum hit Hum, I totally forgot about that one post until yuming quoted it.

My problem with yuming's quid case is not that I don't see what she's getting at, I do. It's that multiple people, myself included, were pretty unengaged from the thread. Quid's timing is worse than some others, and if this trend continues with Lumpen gone then it's worth another look, but for now I don't see it adding up to scum.

I still am waiting for more from Inf (I'm not proding you inf, just getting thoughts out)

The fact that RF's only post so far today was just talking about Lumpen some more is quite scummy. No reaction at all to the cop flip or anything else, just a "god damnit lumpen, not again!"

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

This post is like, way too aggressive? You don’t even refute me, just throw a really really exaggerated “YOU TOO THO!”

like you people know we’re supposed to be calling each other scum yet YPM/Somber acting like it’s some huge scumplay to highlight other people’s posting

Somber's post was aggressive but it's one I get, this game has been feeling hostile to me. Like I get it's about calling other people liars but it feels like everyone is going 5-10% too far and it's adding up to a thread I haven't enjoyed reading very much. That isn't an excuse for not posting so don't treat it as one, it is a comment on my general enjoyment of the game.

Inf's claim appears to be that he... smells poop. I honestly kind of wish he was making it up but I believe him. I just don't want it to be real. I don't think yuming being resistant to claiming is a scum tell. I would have been more suspicious if she had immediately claimed VT.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Grandicap posted:

The only way sandwolf is scum now is if he knew the vig wouldn't go off, IMO. Scum would have held on to that vig until either LYLO or if he was getting pressure to be the lunch candidate.

This is my read on it as well.

Sandwolf posted:

man I got so excited when I found out I was a big and now I’m legit not sure if it was just an experiment by DbD to see if someone could hold it in their pants past day one

I would be near tears in your position. The first person ever (I mean probably, I'm not going to go check) to not fire prematurely, and it turns out to be a dud... thus providing something for every dayvig going forward to point at when they fire immediately on day 1.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Feels like a bit much doesn't it?

Sandwolf posted:

am I really having to defend hyperbole now?

Well I apparently have to. Let me be silly somber.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

Inf that a dumb claim and you're definitely grasping at straws. It's weird enough that I believe you, but I don't think you've actually caught yuming in anything

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m tilting towards inf being scum and this was all a weird thing to try and get yuming to claim. But I can’t figure out why they’d do it D2 and why yuming.

Inf didn't post between these two comments (about 4 hours apart), so what caused the change in opinion?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

I went "oh dang what if Inf is pull a gambit" in my head.

fair enough

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Killed him N1 because of a rolecop?

Steak floated a theory earlier in the day that scum must have had a n0 rolecop to hit hum. It's possible but I don't think it's likely, I don't see Hum as such an odd kill that there has to be some other explanation.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Speaking of steak he's been out of the thread for a really long time (for him).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I received all the n0 actions I needed, just in case anybody is wondering whether they needed to send one, I would have messaged you for it, so no worries.

...maybe? This seems to imply only some roles got a n0

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

So here is my current tinfoil hat theory about this game. I skimmed over the last two Dark Hospital games and discovered that vote patterns were a major part of the SKs role. In the first two games the SK had an assistant, and the SK could only kill players who were visited by the assistant or who had votes on the assistant when the assistant is lunched. In this game RF called a thunderdome d1.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

and then, to end up claiming regardless after a little pressure just makes me think she isn't being honest about her opinions in that regard

A little pressure and Inf full claiming both his role and results in a manner that made it pretty obvious to everyone that she was vanilla town. She reads as trying to keep any mystery she can about her role, then finally giving up as she concludes that everyone already knows anyway.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Why would I, as town, be returned a result of "hating" another town aligned player by the mod?

Depends on if the information was intended as flavor or as part of the result. If your role is "chocolate town" I could see you hating "vanilla town" as a silly flavor thing and not as an intended part of your results, which would have been simply "smells vanilla".

I see where you are coming from but I could easily see the hated part being a mod oversight without you necessarily being a liar, and given yuming's play I see the second as more likely.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

That or you are pulling one of the more amusing gambits I've seen, which I kind of hope is true honestly because I don't want chocolate town to be a real role. (In serious terms I haven't ruled that out either, but it's a weird d2 gambit and I think it's unlikely right now)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also, and this is a fairly meta, but DBD has mentioned before he doesn't like night actions to completely run mafia, and I could also see you hating vanilla town as a red herring included in your results, because of the flavor. Either way I don't think your result outweighs Yuming's play.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

..Where the hell did I claim a second night action?

Not you claimed a second night action, but you should have gotten a second result to compare against before going full tilt, is what somber meant

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Pussy Quipped posted:

I redirected a poison to myself last night and will die tonight.

I suspect the SK / Inugami is the poisoner, due to the flavor from the OP, as well as some flavor linking us in my PM.
I also considered that the scum team could have a poisoner as well, but since they NK'd last night I dont think it seems right for them to be able to kill 2 people a night starting N2.

So if someone has a vaccine or antidote or something that would be cool, otherwise I'll help you all try to vote out a scum today before I lose. I guess if I get an antidote and survive i'm just going to be a target anyway so...yeah.
I don’t have a lot of good plays here because I’m dead if I just pretend to be town and do nothing today, but claiming like this just makes me a huge target too.
You say you die tonight, Hal says he was poisoned n0 and is still alive. Do your results unambiguously say you will die tonight, or just that the disease is going to kill you? Also, if you are the vengeful spirit of Inugami, why are you not, well, working with Inugami?

Pussy Quipped posted:

Also I have a hunch Mithross knows more than he is letting on here.

Everything in that post was speculation based on past games, which didn't even hold up super well as people are getting poisoned this game (which makes sense I guess, the old spirit died in dark hospital 2). In fact you just claimed the role I was suspecting RF of having.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Dude you've been harping on at me about how ambiguous the claim is, I removed the ambiguity from the initial post.
The part you've underlined is literally just flavour/flare from DBD in his pm to me, it's irrelevant to the claim.

It also comes across as hypocritical that your nitpicking flavour/flare when you yourself put so much effort into your own flavour/flare pms to players in the game you used to reference your meta on me

I don't want to get into a slap fight here mate, but it seems no matter what I write you're dissatisfied.

##vote somberbrero

How are you sure that hating the smell is vitally important but being afraid it will hurt you is totally benign?

##vote infinitum

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Leith Maclaine posted:

##vote Quid

This is an absolute lurker vote. 5 posts in 5 minutes and then nothing.

This is an awful post. ~6 hours to deadline and you throw your vote onto Quid for being a lurker, when your last opinion on who should be the lunch today was

Leith Maclaine posted:

I agree with yuming or infi today. A flip on one tells us about the other.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

okey dokey, that basically confirms that the needle flavor is in fact an arson mechanic rather than a flavor mechanic

Not really. I had the same thought but then I realized I would probably make a n0 poison take an extra night to kick in. Telling someone at the start of d1 that they will be dead at the end basically kills any desire to actually play.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##vote Leith
Between that last minute pointless lurker vote on quid and role fishing today, I think Leith is the way to go today.

Also the “vengeful spirit of Inugami” being killed by what was presumably Inugami’s kill is interesting and throws all my tinfoil hats right out the window.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

"What the --" was all RF could get out before being shot in the face.

Retro Futurist, Juba Danno, Emergency Medical Technician, vanilla town, has been vig killed D3.

The day continues.

Well that just happened

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

You shot not only RF but my insane theories, and I am reeling. Now I just flat am confused again.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##unvote

Presumably three scum in “The Killing 3” plus SK means this is very probably lylo and I am not liking steak’s little “anywhere but Leith” performance. Unvoting just in case.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am VT but with one small perk. I believe keeping the perk secret still has benefit.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

omg mithross falling off the face again

It's true I did, I'm going to pull a post of mine from another thread to explain

Mithross posted:

Same, I got the email today that shifted my casino's reopen from next week to ??? Completely expected and for the best, but I had a few and took the day even more off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I don’t know how much more time I have because worked really picked up so I’m just going to go ahead and say this:

I’m not scum, I’m SK. I got an extra kill last night that was a silent poison on Sandy, presumably as a result of poisoning PQ. If both Sandy and Grandi are town, killing me means town loses. Only chance is for town to hope that I kill scum, and my only chance is to target scum.

Well, in light of this it's Leith or bust.