Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Making sure you saw this post saying I am in.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Oops, I added you to the dead part in the votefinder but I counted you in my head, so yeah 14 out of 15~

Well Lumpen will try but I don't think he can kill me before the game starts.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

so, is there not a discord? will scum have to organize their own communication?

Quid is right

##vote Steak

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

i want to recommend something before role PMs go out, and we are all still pure and unbiased.

let's no-lunch on day 1

##vote Steak again

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

You are really good at thinking up harsh jokes and calling names to hurt feelings. But... just for this game, since we are all going through a pandemic and a lot of stress and we want to have fun, would you consider joining me in taking a different approach?

If you can't help it then I still forgive you.

Do I get at least 1 dig on content game as we get started?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

To that I have only 1 response

Sandwolf
B-
Merk

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Almost bed time for me but I did get a role so I don't know what Steak is talking about.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Dayvigging Steak may slow him down. At least in this game.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote yuming

What could possibly be the rationale for this vote? She posted 1 thing encouraging the killing of scum.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

less sarcastic response:

short answer: performative

long answer: yuming's post was performative

I see it as a null tell. I'm not saying that she isn't scum. I just don't see how you jump to that conclusion based on her saying a dayvig getting the scum would be a good thing.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf
B-
Merk

I have my answers ready.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Grandicap posted:

It did end up working, for the wrong reasons. It got LM completely arbitrarily. Which is not unlike most D1 cuddleparties.

True, but it lead him in exactly the wrong direction for the rest of the game.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I probably should have ignored Steak but I treat votes seriously, even in joke phase. As much as I make fun of content game, the joke votes tend to have a bit of truth to them.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

In what way? I've already put my vote down. I'm not just feeling things out, I'm trying to get people to comment for purposes of reads. Calling Leith erratic is not really relevant to what I'm saying.

It's wasn't really a joke vote though, was it?

You voting steak for dropping what is, to me, a perfectly understandable vote, seems fake, like forced content.

Ummm, Somberbrero, I haven't voted Steak since the game started. I did do 2 joke votes for Steak before game start but I haven't voted for anyone afterwards.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917837&userid=222482

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

yes, well, nevertheless!

Did you get all worked up about a vote that never happened?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

I mean the vote in question is incidental to my original point, but yes I would say that's not a strictly unfair characterization.

It happens. It's D1 and we all have hair triggers.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I don't think we have enough information for a thunderdome but if you two are insistent on going for it due to your egos, then so be it.

I'm not sure which to vote for in this situation. I'm putting my thoughts down for public commentary.

I am almost always in favor of a Lumpen lunch, but this is pretty standard for Lumpen so I am being careful not to jump on my instincts.

Retro tends to be more laid back in this situation so I'm not sure why Lumpen being Lumpen is causing him to react this way.

MMT's lurking is also starting to get my attention.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Hmmm.

Anyway, I’m at -3, one more vote fishes out a claim (might be VT, but I still don’t advise it).

Well, hell, with an incentive like that.

I want to know the claim.

##vote Lumpen

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Poor choice but not catastrophic.

I’m VT. Name is Tabata Kosho. Job is Hospice Aide. Wincon is making evil perish.

Well, kinda hard to get a counter claim on that one. That's a null tell.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Because I was on the fence about voting you anyway. Having said that, it is too early for you to be at -1.

##unvote

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

You are missing the point. Always claim at -2. Squeezing out even a VT is bad because it narrows the targeting pool for the nightkillers.

Were you explicitly fishing for a power role? Why are you still voting me?

As for the fishing for a power role, kinda, since RF kinda jokingly breadcrumbed 2 roles early on and I was wondering if you were we pushing this so hard because you had a counter claim.

Since you don't have a counter claim to his breadcrumbs, you are just being you.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

As for the fishing for a power role, kinda, since RF kinda jokingly breadcrumbed 2 roles early on and I was wondering if you were we pushing this so hard because you had a counter claim.

Since you don't have a counter claim to his breadcrumbs, you are just being you.

I was wanting Lumpen to claim to see if there was any evidence for his fixation on RF. I was more focused on proving out if Lumpen had a case over fishing for a role. If Lumpen had claimed one of the power roles that RF had claimed, or even claimed another power role it would have explained some of his determination about RF. To then claim VT means that Lumpen is full of bluff and ego, as usual.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Everone who is Town please do a critical reread of RF and post a read on him. Can anyone see anything exculpatory or pro-Town in his post history? I do not understand why he's not an eminently viable candidate today.

And if you have extra time re-read me too. This is a real lazy bandwagon.

Lumpen,

While RF isn't making strong cases on anyone but you, he has said who else we would be looking at on later days.

He has a history of not liking your content game.

While I don't like the joke breadcrumb role claims at the beginning, it isn't enough for me to be convinced of scum.

I am right now thinking he is possible scum but I don't see the slam dunk that you believe there is.

As for you,

You are being you. The fact that you are tunnelling on RF without a case, and without having a counter to his role claims, strikes me as scummy. Of course, I will admit that I always see your play as scummy so that is a null tell for me.You have done this tunneling behavior before, and I have seen you have this fight with RF over content game before.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Case on RF.
You're not really considering his initial jokeposts to actually be claims, are you?

What does the word "tunneling" even mean to you, Leith?
I have been actively posting, hunting, probing, posted other cases, and stated other votes I would make.

Posing this post of yours in the leadup to a misvote on a Townie will not make you look "thoughtful and considered", if that's what you're going for. Posturing. Suspicious.

Currently I am not considering his joke posts to be claims. As I have said before, I was wondering if you were considering them to be claims and maybe that was an explanation of your certainty. Since you claimed VT, then that is not the case and you are being you.

Tunneling means to be being overly focused on one person, which I think you have been but you are getting better recently.

Right now, I'm actually leaning not voting for you except to prevent a no lunch, which I have a extremely well documented history of hating no lunches. We have tangled enough in the past that my instincts are probably wrong and I admit it.

In a couple of hours, I'll do another recasing of everyone to see if anything jumps out at me.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

If you are town, I'm afraid that's probably likely. I can't think of any game where a VT was mislunched day one and the town was able to recover.

It happened in Telephone mafia last week.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote PQ

This is a scum replacement. I know the MMT meta.

Can you give some examples of this MMT meta?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah

This game.

Any examples before this game, because saying you know someone's meta from a single game that is currently in progress isn't very convincing.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Quidthulhu posted:

Why are we talking about prior game meta for MMT when we should be looking at PQ's play to make a decision :confused:

Because actually I am thinking Hum tried to throw PQ under the bus without any real rationale with an argument that PQ could not refute which would be pretty drat scummy and I am seeing if Hum can site any examples as evidence before voting for him.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Quidthulhu posted:

Ehnnn, this feels like the type of analysis we should be doing after flips rather than trying to connect motivations of unflipped folks.

Yes, but I'm not feeling the Lumpen vote and this is sticking out to me. Hum did try and present an argument against PQ that PQ can not defend. When challenged for evidence, Hum said this game which isn't evidence with PQ/MMT obviously haven't flipped yet.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Quidthulhu posted:

What exactly about Lumpen's content are you liking? :raise:

I am not liking Lumpen's content. It is just classic Lumpen. I have seen this fight and pattern before when he has been town. I will admit the daring people to vote for him is a little bit new.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

No. Very not.

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Your Personal Muse posted:

How would you compare this to telephone? To me this is a different, more performative lumpen.

This is Lumpen not being quite so certain based on his own logic train but still pushing his perceptions hard. I will need to look at the history but I think I have seen RF and Lumpen do this dance a couple of months ago. Let me check the vote finder to see if I can find it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

This is Lumpen not being quite so certain based on his own logic train but still pushing his perceptions hard. I will need to look at the history but I think I have seen RF and Lumpen do this dance a couple of months ago. Let me check the vote finder to see if I can find it.

Yep, I've seen with fight between Lumpen and RF before during Europa Universalis and they were both town.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

No I was not Town, in that game. Also I already posted about this on the last page. Are you reading the thread, Leith? Just skimming?

I am reading the thread, and I am saying that I feel that you are behaving the same way. Having said that, you are right you were scum in that one which means the argument that I have seen this fight before means you are scum. Thanks for admitting that.

##vote Lumpen

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

How many people do we have around in the next 5 hours? I know Inf and Mithross are almost definitely not around (Inf because of his post stating that and Mith because they have been lurking), and I will most likely be more or less around until deadline.

I don’t like the Lumpen vote but I’m having a hard time thinking of alternatives. Maybe YPM or yuming? Obviously I believe that MMT is scum that replaced out but I can see people would prefer to not play to our win-condition and give the scum a pass for a day (or 2??? lmao y’all wild).

YPM is encroaching on my shitpost day 1 turf and I don’t like it. Yuming is just kind of breezing on into the thread and then flitting back out, like a scum trying to muddy the waters.

I will be around

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Your mind is on page 5 apparently. Did you not read or understand RF’s posts? Did you fail to process his justification for the Thunderdome? You are acting like you just cracked some kind of new information... that everyone else has been talking about for the last two days.

No, I have spent RL 2 days trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and you are proving that was a mistake.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

yuming posted:

I have been unable to check the game today because of a work deadline for sending home printed materials packets to my students.

I haven't read yet but will catch up after dinner.

PS I have news to share: I found out this morning I will be having a baby girl this October :sun:

Congrats, a very good reason for a day's absence.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Hey,

I just noticed, there hasn't been a Lumpen List.

Lumpen is the vote leader and we don't even have a Lumpen list?

That is very unlike Lumpen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

otherwise, we would be seeing lumpen actually trying. and i'd be interested in if anyone could quote a post from the last 24 hours that shows lumpen trying

Just pointing out, Lumpen trying would have produced 3 Lumpen Lists in that time.