Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes I will play in this game, does the hospital have a bodega?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

It's not so much a broken clock is right twice a day as a clock that is kind of a dick can be right whenever but you don't really want to listen to it because it has wrong opinions.

Stunning!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for the raccoon goon gangtag infi!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I am a Miller (autocorrect wanted that to say killer!)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I support that plan

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure content game let's do it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber are you rping

Seems like the usual somber to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

What is the usual Somber like?

truculent and loquacious

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Hal, haven't you claimed miller as scum before? Asking for a friend.

I would bet almost anything that is not true

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

I was town the first time, too. Lumpen was scum both times.

This was all very recent to so lumpen is fully aware of it, and when pressed he decides to vote me.

THUNDERDOME

##vote lumpen

This thunderdome is ill-advised opop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Lumpen is generating questions so he doesn't have to engage.

Then when questioned as to why I shouldn't policy vote him for doing pretty much the exact same thing he did when we were both scum in 2 post mafia, making 'interesting' posts so he could skirt by, he posts a wall of text about his own meta; which is just :wtc: on a stick to begin with.

There are also a number of other people voting Lumpen for their own varied reasons

Retro Futurist, seeing this, has apparently decided calling a self imposed thunderdome would see Lumpen likely voted off as the current vote leader.
Regardless of my current read on Lumpen (It's scum), this is opportunistic behaviour hoping to capitalise on the flow against Lumpen.

I would suggest that they are both some combo of scum/3P.

Either way I don't care who dies if they're going to double down on this nonsense.

I think your suggestion that neither are town is a strange approach. In fact I am not a fan of this entire post that is essentially a recap followed by a wishy-washy stance on both of them with some 3rd-party scaremongering tossed in for good measure

##vote Infi

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Do thunderdomes actually ever convince anyone? We have two days. I get the point retro is making and I get why he is taking that position, but it doesn't help discussion.

The beauty of the thunderdome is that in reality, no one is bound to it and you can actually just ignore it and vote however you want!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

So you suggest that the both of them wanting to thunderdome the other is a town beneficial mindset, D1, after jokephase has ended?

I suggest it is a dumb mindset that isnt particularly alignment indicative

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith why would you feel like we needed a claim there, deadline is not even close

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Lumpen :henget:

drat Somber you like living on the edge

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

This completely manufactured drive is not interesting to me. I'm going to see what else I can dig up.

Same! I get bad vibes from infi and grandi out of that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi PQ sorry you replaced in as scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmm ##vote yuming

Not completely off of infi but willing to see what he's got.

Yuming has been VERY off the radar, her infi case seems like it was based on one post and not post history (even if she caught herself later) and otherwise she hasn't contributed at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

For posterity, I'm going to call a full scum team of Lumpen, Opop, and YPM here. This is just so I can gloat later if I am 100% right, and be ignored entirely when it is not accurate.

I'm definitely not ignoring that

I'm just not convinced by the Lumpen case. This seems a lot like last game where he was aggressively wrong. I suppose it could be a scum ploy, I will revisit.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Yes Lumpen, I have re-read RF. This doesn't make sense unless you are scum together. Your vote on him for not content gaming him was not gaining traction and would not gain traction. He then decided to call attention to it making it him or you. This is a low value strategy as scum. Unless you are both scum together. He led up to it with some meta refutations of your content gaming, and they are, at large, accurate. If Town Opop would go as far to make this a him or you scenario, I'm not sure. But Scum Opop wouldn't do it unless he was scum with you.

Yeah I agree with all this, RF has done this sort of thing on the past with other players too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nope!

But look for any Harold Krell game that RF is in, it probably happened there

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

It happened in Telephone mafia last week.

Wow somber, see look how wrong you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also grandi riding that RF/Lumpen connection for all it's worth and then some more

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah good job yuming, you did it!

I will be around and I will vote Lumpen if that's what it takes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Godspeed lumpster ##vote Lumpen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Or is it because you are scum eh infi?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pqming scum team I feel it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure leave just when I want to ask you what the hell you were thinking

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infis thing is dumb but yumings cagey answer isn't great either. I think she finally said VT but before then I could see a vanilla scum playing it coy like that in case they eventually get seen moving when doing a kill

Hmmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You know, I still am not a fan of yuming. I disagree with Opop regarding how she handled Infi trying to get her to claim. It feels overdone and she could have just said NO

I don't love that her other push is Quid, who is bad, but also an easy "lurker" case

I admit I haven't though much about Leith but his recent posts seem pretty townie to me. I could see maybe yuming/grandi/quid with how today has been going.

##vote yuming if I am not already

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chocolate town is like the dumbest sounding thing and I don't really see how it fits the dark hospital theme BUT what an over complex fake claim to make just to try and get yuming killed so I have to think it's a real thing.

That being said if it does exist it seems like a weak rolecop that detects vanilla roles and infi is just confused as to what his results mean and is reading too much into it like a goober

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t like Leith popping up out of nowhere after being attacked. Don’t like Somber doing to Infi the exact same thing YPM did to me.

Chocolate town is some lol-worthy poo poo but I don’t think it’s a fake claim. It’s an insane insane fake claim. Could the scum have a utility role to find vanillas? Probably, but some have concluded a rolecop as the reason Hum died. So a vanilla cop and a role cop? I don’t know, I don’t think so.

I think the role cop thing is a bit of a stretch, odds of rolecop getting a N0 action and also picking the cop are not high. It could be, but it's enough of an unknown that I don't think you can use that to dismiss another claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Speaking of N0 I didn't notice until I saw the PM long after the game had started, but N0 I apparently got jabbed with a needle and I haven't felt great but nothing else has come of it. Did anyone get jabbed last night? I suppose I could have some slow acting poison in me...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Fair point.

Hey what could Infi just be a rolecop and scum?

Sure, but why go after yuming D2 like that? Especially if she really is VT then what is the gain from that move?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

See my posts on PQ, they are not getting traction yet, I know but it is my case.

I do not know what I think of the infi claim. Mithross's statements about 3P is interesting here but I'm waiting for Infi to weigh in with the questions before deciding based on it.

I also don't like yuming's lack of a direct response to Do you have a night action? But vanilla in Infi's claim is pretty clear. Yuming could be vanilla scum but Infi's cliam is just weird.

If the PQ argument still doesn't get traction, I'll probably be moving to yuming.

Also, Quid posted 5 posts in about 5 minutes and then disappeared again. It looks like a lurk but wouldn't show up on posts counts.

I can still see PQ, I wonder if that is bias from our last game with them though

You may have a long wait on infi, I think australians are asleep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So PQ did you get a message you were actually poisoned or that something happened to you

Because again I got “poisoned” N0 and I’m still here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

I haven't been voting Quid since p early in the game day. I am still suspicious since he hasn't come back but Leith is worse now.

I've had a neutral-town read on Hal all game, but I'm sick of people misrepresenting players (me today, Lumpen yesterday) for lack of attention.

Whoa I didn’t say anything about when you cased quid, I guess he was less of a lurker yesterday but I still think he’s an easy case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pussy Quipped posted:

I somehow missed this post of Hal’s while I as typing up my claim.
This is what happened to me.

Hrm ok because my message did not specify poison and didn’t directly say I would die