Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So very down for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

I wanna play if there’s still a spot!

:sun:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hello friends!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I wanna vote steak. He's too self conscious, but he told me that scum would vote him. It's a conundrum.

##vote Mr. Steak

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

gently caress yeah ya'll let's do this thing ##vote retro futurist

Which thing are we doing Somber?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

it's good to have you back grandi! remember roanoke? that was a game.

TPS, Town Bellringer. :arghfist:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

speaking of roleclaiming, im a bit at a loss for how to absolutely loving derail this game, since i have no role to lie about. lol

(humalong please stop blowing a gasket, im KIDDING)

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, one more thing for my numerous checkin posts:

hi scum. if you're looking for an easy way to slide into the conversation naturally, just cling onto me and you'll be aok

Mr. Steak posted:

(cue being turboed for talking too much)

These are posts of someone acutely aware of how their posts are going to be taken. It flows naturally, as it is likely off the top of your dome, but it is conscious of self to a high degree. Scum are more worried about how they appear than town are.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Humalong posted:

You were just in a game where it did the exact opposite of this.

It did end up working, for the wrong reasons. It got LM completely arbitrarily. Which is not unlike most D1 cuddleparties.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

yuming, your answers were sincere-seeming, non-evasive, and prompt. They give me no reason to suspect you.

ContentGame Round 2:
Grandicap, another vet, let's keep exploring meta
Who in this game do you most hope is not Town?
Who in the game do you most hope is Town?
Who in the game do you most hope is not a Serial Killer?

Names demanded, reasons encouraged.

I hope RF is not town, so when I inevitably think he is scummy, and lead the charge on lunching him, I won't feel guilty about it afterward, also during. I usually get the guilt pangs even before the flip if I am an architect of a lunch.
I hope yuming is town because her reads slot into place after a few days and are pretty sturdy.
I hope you are not SK because I feel like you would kill the people who are most suspect of you rather than murder lurkers like a good SK should.

But way more importantly, Scum, please don't NK me until at least N3. I have been NKd the first two games I came back to on N2 for both. I want to play beyond the early game. TYVM.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

1. I would choose Murmur Twin because I am excited to play together.

2. I choose Quid because in recent games I have played voting is about all he has done so it wouldn't make much difference.

Sorry Quid, I hope you can participate this game! Though I imagine we are in similar boats trying to figure out e-learning.

3. I would choose Grandicap because I don't think we've ever had OOT communication and I like his style so far this game.

Alternative, Mr. Steak because I want to understand his thought processes after this opening and the last game I played with him.

I don't think we've ever been scum together either yuming. That is a sad thing.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I actually agree with you steak. Your posting style is taking some getting used to, but resetting my baseline makes me think you are town.
##unvote

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

What are you seeing on Lumpen, I see a lovely vote and some content game. Both read null to me. And I really like this post from him

Lumpen posted:

What is the usual Somber like?

It's like asking the questions looking for the right things.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yes, he would use his arrogance as a shield. But he is arrogant. Can you discern the difference between Lumpen's actual arrogance and arrogance that is faked to hide his alignment? I believe I can, also the word arrogance has ceased to have meaning to me, semantic satiation has occurred.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Your Personal Muse posted:

That post reads like a lumpen parody

Lumpen is a Lumpen parody. He's wrong, but good god is he sure of himself.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

How does Lumpen asking what my meta is indicate town to you? At best it's nothing, at worst it's pointless fake participation. Granted, I think meta is largely bullshit because it often ignores context.

I don't really feel like pushing Lumpen yet but I don't agree with your town read on him and I'm looking to understand why you feel that way.

I do not have a town read on Lumpen. I think he is Lumpening it up and find people voting him for doing the same poo poo different day lazy.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I mean, I know it's d1, but liking 1 post isn't a town read.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And did I say really liked.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

What are you seeing on Lumpen, I see a lovely vote and some content game. Both read null to me. And I really like this post from him

It's like asking the questions looking for the right things.

Oh, poo poo, I did. Hmm.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah fair enough I GUESS.

You're going away for a long time you sick gently caress ##vote Grandicap

Oh no! Hoisted by my own petard!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, I think Lumpen and RF are scum together. Both are too eager for this thunderdome, with too little in game reasoning, for this to not have been premeditated.

I think that there was a scuffle in the scum discussion and they both got fed up, so they decided to hard bus eachother for town cred.

I would vote either of them in a heartbeat now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

Let’s evaluate RF.
RF has 8 posts since roles went out. He is near the very bottom of the post count. Only MMT has lurked more.

His first 2 posts are “joke” soft claims/breadcrumbs for cop and doc. (not great)
Then he preemptively votes me (as a joke?) based on being recently fooled by me in two recent games. (This is fine)
The he aborts the ContentGame rather than answer the question and give names. (Bad)
Next he pops in to excuse his own lurking and nothing else. (Bad)
Next he re-votes me “for real” based on me votin him “when pressed”, and a pose of policy disapproval of ContentGame. (not great)
Finally he declared a Thunderdome based on this and excuses himself from any further hunting or participation for the day. (real bad)

RF is a good vote today. Honor the Thunderdome..

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Nevermind the last post, I misread Lumpen's most recent one.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

If this I true then go ahead and vote RF with your next pulse. Money where mouth is.

##vote Lumpen

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

Wait, what are we disregarding? I thought you were discarding your bus theory.

If not, and you think we are both minority, why vote the active poster with reads over the lurker?

I am voting you because Opop has 1 vote and you have 4.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

Explain this more please.

I thought you were saying that you didn't even vote Opop in that post so how could it be a bus, a post with no vote. But not only is my reading comprehension terrible, you are voting him, so my misreading doesn't even work.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

If this I true then go ahead and vote RF with your next pulse. Money where mouth is.

It comes down to your typo that made me misread I think, the I instead of is threw me off, but yeah, it is not what you were saying at all.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

I note that Mr. Steak chose to double down rather than reconsider. I'd vote him. You should vote him after I flip. Pay close attention to his "last paragraph" and then his awkward attempt to revise. It's a weird overwrought way to make excuses for not voting RF. Very unnecessary if he was a Townie who just thinks RF is Town. Calls him guilty but says he'd consider RF Town based on my flip no matter what it is. A strange thing to say.
:words:

I agree with Steak in this part of the call completely. I don't see an Opop scum as likely unless you are scum too. I can see you as scum in a vacuum. I think you are likely scum together, but the chain only points in one direction, ya know?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Mith

I think this is the best vote. I would also vote Lumpen but it’s much weaker than Mith. I’ve cooled on Steak.

I don't like this post. Not one bit.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It feels like a scum push away from a scum lunch onto an easy policy one.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

For posterity, I'm going to call a full scum team of Lumpen, Opop, and YPM here. This is just so I can gloat later if I am 100% right, and be ignored entirely when it is not accurate.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Like I had an extensive back and forth that I am basing my vote on, I’m not sure what the policy is other than “scum tend to manufacture content by giving non reads”

Extensive is an exaggeration. But you engaged a lurker and forced some opinions out of him that were mostly "I don't know whats going on, but here's what I have". And then you put it in your back pocket for later? It feels like a diversion.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm definitely not ignoring that

I'm just not convinced by the Lumpen case. This seems a lot like last game where he was aggressively wrong. I suppose it could be a scum ploy, I will revisit.

Last game where he was aggressively wrong, he got a thing right by accident which fueled his mania. It was because of that high that he went full lumpen.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

What did Mith have? Tepid town reads and non scum call outs. I waited because I wanted to see what Mith had, which is nothing.

Again, I’m not sure who the scum is that I’m leading everyone away from.

Lumpen is the scum you are diverting from.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

No, that doesn't make any sense at all to me.

If you think RF is not Town, vote him.

I think you are not town. I think Opop could be scum with you manufacturing a thunderdome so that one of you comes out on the other side looking townie.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen, the guy who I said I would also vote?

Yes, leaving the option open to bus if the writing is on the wall.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, maybe naming the whole scum team on d1 isn't the best, but I am seeing the connections like Pepe Silvia here. :tinfoil: It all works if you let your eyes unfocus and look at the whole picture :tinfoil:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I don’t intend to change this vote, it’s me or him today.

Yes Lumpen, I have re-read RF. This doesn't make sense unless you are scum together. Your vote on him for not content gaming him was not gaining traction and would not gain traction. He then decided to call attention to it making it him or you. This is a low value strategy as scum. Unless you are both scum together. He led up to it with some meta refutations of your content gaming, and they are, at large, accurate. If Town Opop would go as far to make this a him or you scenario, I'm not sure. But Scum Opop wouldn't do it unless he was scum with you.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Lumpen posted:

In what possible world would that plan work? Think about it. It is not realistic to hypothesize that as an actually plausible scenario for experienced players. It would not give any Town cred to anyone. It would be a completely self-destructive buss for no gain. It's hard to believe you are saying this seriously.

Are you trying to argue that a hard bus D1 never works? I can absolutely work, it just sucks to throw a team member under said bus early, basically setting up a person to not play the game and just be a sacrificial pawn. It only really works if the members of the scum team don't like eachother.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Also if lumpen and I were scum together, wouldn’t I just play along and do the content game?
Also I mean if one of us is going to bus the other for town cred you think we’d pick me to go on instead of lumpen?

It isn't an either or choice, you set it up so that if either of you fall, the other looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Watching a movie with my wife and son but will be on well before deadline.