Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinglecarrot
Sep 12, 2007
A carrot that jingles
Hello Goons, how’s your Coronavirus quarantine goin ? intrigued by the title ? Catchy like My Tank Is Fight! I am the Author of this book The Buddha’s of Boston Sports : How Bill Belichick Ended the Opioid Crisis. So to get it out of the way, yes the opioid crisis is going on, but the enlightenment that comes from this book will lead to the end of the opioid crisis. Maybe not in my lifetime but the cause made by writing this book will persist through time and eventually end this poo poo and change the course of America.

I am a member of the Soka Gakkai International and I practice Nichiren Buddhism and The Lotus Sutra and we chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. My mom is from Japan, she married an American GI in 1965 and had three kids with him, they divorced . She met my Dad who also had two adult children from a previous failed marriage, and they had Me, Bakataro. My father was an old school gambling addict playing the dogs and horses in MA 70’s-80’s. Gambling is as destructive of an addiction as drugs and alcohol. They divorced when I was young and I saw how my mother Chanted and ended up buying her own house and escaping a domestic violence situation.

Later on in my life when I was facing a Cocaine Trafficking charge in 2002 I had to do something so I chanted and won in my life. I use many examples of my shenanigans, how I gently caress up and how I fix things, chanting always works. It was in 2017when I survived two car accidents, on consecutive days where the vehicles here totaled. I split a telephone pole with a 2007 F150 and put a 2009 Toyota Matrix ontop of a guardrail. I went to rehab after because I had a massive fentanyl habit. I had a hard time adjusting at work and lost my job of 20 years and was at another low point . I was stuck at home with no job , no license , all I could do was chant .

It was august 2017 and Patriots training camp was going on , and Do Your Job 2 was playing on espn . Bill Belichick was coaching his team and saying how lucky they were to be playing in the AFC championship because they could put in more practices than anyone else. Buddhism is about cause and effect, and i could see that those extra practices were extra causes they were making, and the effects were on the field. The DYJ attitude sounded Buddhist to me because it’s up to YOU to do your job and be happy , and help others become happy too . Bill Belichick always says he needs to coach better when they lose, never blaming anything else. He focuses on what he can control and that’s it. He always takes responsibility. I could hear the Buddha of Belichick . The more i thought about this the more i started to realize.

Since 2001 the Patriots and TB12 changed the Karma of Boston from the loveable losers into a culture of champions. They won in part IMO 9/11 when the country was behind the Patriot spirit and maybe they felt like they were playing for something bigger than the team. The Red Sox similarly used the marathon bombings to come together and lead the AL East wire to wire and won a World Series. The Boston Bruins almost rode that to a Stanley Cup but lost Game 6 at home to The Chicago Blackhawks. Even though I was at “Rock bottom “ it was the best thing that could have happened.

One of my first sports memories was the 1985 Superbowl between The Patriots and Chicago Bears. The Bruins lost in the finals to the Chicago Backhawks on 2013. In 2017 when I started writing this book the Chicago Cubs won the World Series ending their long drought. Their President was Theo Epstein, who the GM of Boston when they ended their drought in 2004, but they also had EX Red Sox John Lester, John Lackey, David Ross among others. I could see the Karmic ties of cities through sports and they just kept becoming more and more evident. I put a lot of information in this book along with the sports, my life story, but i also give a pretty solid base to understand The Lotus Sutra, Buddhism and how to become happy
I’ve been a fan of Something Awful for a long time, and I wanted to share this book here because if it was going to go viral it was going to because SA.

I am an rear end in a top hat and should have given out some to anyone interested, I realize what a dildo whore I look like. I know it is probably on a torrent somewhere anyway, maybe that's why i only sold a few. I changed the coupon. I i sincerely want end the opioid crisis, yeah it's through my religion. I'm confident it is a good book and will eventually catch on. I was hoping you would think "the kindle version is cheap gently caress it throw a few buck this pathetic wretches way" if you had an interest and they are 35$ plus shipping for the softcover because it's large at 200 full size 8.5" x 11" . It's as big as a strategy guide. They did cost me money to produce but I have a whole shitload and will sell them 30.00 shipped will accept BTC

Nobody showed any interest and but I will gladly give out five digital versions. IDK why I'm so desperate for your approval.

i just got another 5 star review on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars So inspiring, so profound
Reviewed in the United States on March 24, 2020
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
What a story of hope and inspiration. Sometimes two topics that you wouldn't consider combining can come together in a truly wonderful way. I enjoyed every page of this one of a kind book. Even if you don't have an interest in sports, or even in Buddhism, the humanity shines through. Thank you to the author!

Use code : BAKATARO

https://store.bookbaby.com/bookshop/book/index.aspx?bookURL=The-Buddhas-of-Boston-Sports-How-Bill-Belichick-Ended-The-Opioid-Crisis

Edited for spelling, punctuation and more info and Im an rear end in a top hat.

Jinglecarrot fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I don't think so OP