Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
whoa check this out it's a freakin queso fajita molcajete ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

All I can think about is how much of a bitch that would be to hand wash

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

flameado sucks rear end, it solidifies in seconds

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Went with cali burrito

Pretty decent size. Guac was eager to get out

Not bad. The seasoned fries were actually tasteable among the other ingredients. Corn was an odd addition but there wasn't much of it so whatever

Still, this was a taco bar place, meaning the meats and such weren't hot (only the tortilla was warmed up).

Id give it a 7/10

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I spent $20 somehow on a large sub combo from Eegees (planning on eating half tomorrow but that plan doesn't always work out) + a large eegees (their take on Italian Ice basically I guess) to eat over several days but felt sick almost immediately upon arriving home and don't think I can eat any solid food tonight. I guess I'm glad I got a turkey sub so it doesn't matter that it's cold. I guess I am having an Eegees for dinner.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Those Little Debbie Ice Cream pints are crack. Pure. Crack.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Philthy posted:

Those Little Debbie Ice Cream pints are crack. Pure. Crack.

Especially the one on the bottom left. :dumbrim:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Got some chicharron for lunch.

It was also a nice day outside

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Perfect beachfood.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Thinkin of getting either a burg or hittin up the salvadoran place. DECISIONS

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinkin of getting either a burg or hittin up the salvadoran place. DECISIONS

what kinda burg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Local place called Bud's Giant Burgers. Would probably get a big cup of fries and Double Giant Burger.

Salvadoran place I'd get a revueltas pupusa and a couple pasteles. Will decide soon

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

just how giant are we talking here?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
cup of fries... they got malt vinegar up in there? i think it's a law that if you serve fries in a cup you have to provide malt vinegar

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

growing up in america I never really got the fries and malt vinegar thing but found out recently if you get a fresh hot and extra crispy steak fry. a couple of dashes of malt vinegar?? OH BAby

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

They are pretty decent sized burgers, though Giant might be a stretch. I don't think they have malt vinegar though :negative:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ok, I guess I got them burgs on the brain now so thats what itll be. Trip report will be incoming

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
eyeing the doordash but might just make a couple of veggie burgers. or one veggie burg and air fry up a grip of onion rings :thunk:

to think, to dream

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
could also air fry up some of these suckers and break out the malty

best brand/style ive found yet for air frying. come out perfectly crispy and delicious :discourse:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

'Ere we go

Bud's Giant Burgers. Definitely have rose tinted glasses about this place but it hits the spot.

Double burg with cheese

Midway point. Things start gettin messy.

Cup of fries, Large size. Theres also a Family size which is 50c more, but not this time

All in all, quite satisfying

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

pretty good, op 👍

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

'Ere we go

Bud's Giant Burgers. Definitely have rose tinted glasses about this place but it hits the spot.

Double burg with cheese

Midway point. Things start gettin messy.

Cup of fries, Large size. Theres also a Family size which is 50c more, but not this time

All in all, quite satisfying

looks quite good

is smashburger supposed to be good? one opened walking distance from me but i tried it opening week and it was super disappointing. if it's Good im willing to give it another chance

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

looks quite good

is smashburger supposed to be good? one opened walking distance from me but i tried it opening week and it was super disappointing. if it's Good im willing to give it another chance

I had Smashburger once, like maybe almost a decade ago or so after a friend was ranting about it. Said friend rants about almost any food place that isn't garbage, they just really like to eat and can pack the food down, despite being at a reasonable weight.

I remember it being good, but, not so much that I was in any hurry to go back, obviously. Not disappointed though. If it was in walking distance like you said (almost nothing is here), I probably would go again, but I don't remember it knocking my socks off or anything, especially when I have places that are as good or better that are closer. Maybe it's actually really great and I just had a so-so experience as well. I think I was pretty much like "yeah, that's a pretty decent burger" but it was so long ago.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

growing up in america I never really got the fries and malt vinegar thing but found out recently if you get a fresh hot and extra crispy steak fry. a couple of dashes of malt vinegar?? OH BAby

We would go to an English style fish and chip place as a kid and even though I thought I hated vinegar at the time I loved it on the fries there.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my only fish and chips options are menu options at a few overpriced Bar And Grille style joints. plz give me a long john silvers i need cheap rear end fried fish

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah all the LJS closed near me. There is only one fish and chips place that is extremely creepy and they only have tiny condiment cups that I've definitely had spoiled cocktails sauce, probably because they keep them in a noticeably busted fridge. The fish is decent though. I only go there once or twice a year because it's not close to anything.

There are some very good mexican seafood places but it doesn't hit the same craving.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Smashburger is good

Eating in your car is gross

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Burger Me

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Nice, fried egg is always a great choice

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

swims posted:

Smashburger is good

Eating in your car is gross

a fresh piping hot french fry eaten in the car is a special treat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

is that... Bacon between the egg and cheese?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq_zK8FvYnf/

:allears:
Maybe one day

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AARD VARKMAN posted:

is that... Bacon between the egg and cheese?

Big rear end onion ring.

Burger is called the Train wreck, fried egg (yolk was nicely runny), onion ring, chili (that was p. deece chili in its own right).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

oh god yes

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Sausage roll from the donut shop. Such flaky goodness

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hell yeah. I want a sausage roll :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sausage rolls are one of these things like egg sandwiches people talk about as breakfast items that I've never seen in the wild.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

Sausage rolls are one of these things like egg sandwiches people talk about as breakfast items that I've never seen in the wild.

I can't speak towards the sausage roll, but you've never seen an egg sandwich? No egg McMuffin or a Breakfast Jack or anything like that?

I could understand never ordering one if it's not your thing, but I feel like you have to have seen someone else with one, or at least on a commercial or on the menu or something.

I've posted with you enough over the years that I just can't wrap my head around it, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I mean like on TV where someone goes to a bodega and says "egg sandwich please" and that's it, it's just an egg on bread.