Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 3
Mr. Carlisle (C) vs CarlCX
Angela Hill vs Paige Vanzant
CM Punk vs Dong Hyun Kim
Urijah Faber vs Cody Garbrandt
Mirkco Cro Cop vs Francis Ngannou

Form - https://forms.gle/pFKGe393uE1Yncd86
Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dihxv2UznsEErpBcyB6w410Ofbz2z0wHViKETisV_JU/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Voting against myself somehow worked out last time even though I only ended up with 4 points, gonna keep that rolling

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mekchu posted:

Goon FC 2 Results

CarlCX - 21
Digital Jedi - 18
Nothing But Hate - 17
Macksy - 16
Mekchu - 14
Drewjitsu - 12
piratepilates - 9
LobsterMobster - 9
HMS Beagle - 9
CommonShore - 8
RNG Poster - 7
Alex Murphy - 5
Memento - 4
Mr. Carlisle - 4

Standings as of 4/4/2020

Goon FC Champion - Mr. Carlisle
Next challenger - CarlCX

Mr. Carlisle - 34
CarlCX - 31
Macksy - 30
Drewjitsu - 26
Digital Jedi - 26
Mekchu - 25
HMS Beagle - 22
piratepilates - 20
RNG POSTER - 20
Nothing But Hate - 20
CommonShore - 16
LobsterMobster - 16
Alex Murphy - 12
Memento - 11
Ishin - 0

exactly in the middle, perfectly average (actual average is 20.6). fantastic, way to go me.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
CarlCX, KO r3
Hill, KO r3
Kim, KO r1
Faber, sub r2
Ngannou, KO r2

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Me, KO R1, motherfucker
VanZant, Decision
Kim, Sub R1
Garbrandt, KO R2
Ngannou, KO R2

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 3 starting in 20 minutes - https://www.twitch.tv/hendojitsu

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
mekchu, your game is broken

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

gently caress, I bombed out. See you later goons. Never gonna challenge for the title at this rate. :negative:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 3 Results

LobsterMobster - 17
Macksy - 16
Digital Jedi - 16
Ilmucche - 15
Mr. Carlisle - 14
Mekchu - 13
CarlCX - 11
Nothing But Hate - 10
piratepilates - 7
CommonShore - 5
RNG Poster - 3

Standings as of 4/12/2020

Goon FC Champion - CarlCX
Next challenger - Mr. Carlisle

Mr. Carlisle - 48
Macksy - 46
CarlCX - 42
Digital Jedi - 42
Mekchu - 38
LobsterMobster - 33
Nothing But Hate - 30
piratepilates - 27
RNG POSTER - 23
HMS Beagle - 22
CommonShore - 21
Alex Murphy - 12
Memento - 11
Ishin - 0

We have also entered a new storyline in. CM Punk defeated Dong Hyun Kim so will face Tyron Woodley. Should CM Punk somehow beat Woodley, he will face the Goonweight Champion in an openweight match.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 12, 2022

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

I don't know what you mean. Clearly CM Punk is a great fighter and could challenge for the title.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I will continue my policies of wealth redistribution by redistributing Macksy's blood to the first three rows

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How did I start the event with 34 points, gain 14 points and end with 34 points

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

How did I start the event with 34 points, gain 14 points and end with 34 points

That is a very valid question. I'll double check the spreadsheet to see if I can find where the formula is loving up.

Edit - I fixed it in the post with the standings updated. If you look at the totals spreadsheet (linked in the OP) you can see on the "totals" tab all the numbers are shown, but for some reason the cell showing your overall points total isn't accepting your 14 points from the 3rd event into its equation. Honestly I can't out how or why that is happening so I need to manually adjust your score (similarly there was an issue with Nothing But Hate last season but for different reasons).

So this is the new match update because your 48 pts makes you the #1 contender rather than Macksy (since he has 46 pts).

Updated Main Event for Goon FC 4: Goonweight HW Championship CarlCX (c) vs Mr. Carlisle II

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 12, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 4
CarlCX (c) vs Mr. Carlisle
Tyron Woodley vs CM Punk
Rose Namajunas vs Alexa Grasso
Isaac Frost vs Andre Bishop
Chuck Liddell vs Jon Jones

Form - https://forms.gle/uUQAxR3WLqCgpiR97

Picks - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13cqOrqDD7ZFYv0kd9ZZv72YDxNg17ZEnIcIdU892Z1g/edit?usp=sharing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I bet on you CarlCX don't let me down

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I picked the opposite of who I wanted to pick, drat you CM Punk.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX, KO r3
Woodley, KO r2
Namajunas, sub r2
Bishop, KO r3
Jones, sub r2

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Me, Sub R1
CM Punk, Sub R2
Namajunas, Decision
Frost, KO R3
Liddell, KO R1

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mekchu posted:

Goon FC 4
CarlCX (c) vs Mr. Carlisle
Tyron Woodley vs CM Punk
Rose Namajunas vs Alexa Grasso
Isaac Frost vs Andre Bishop
Chuck Liddell vs Jon Jones

Form - https://forms.gle/uUQAxR3WLqCgpiR97

Picks - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13cqOrqDD7ZFYv0kd9ZZv72YDxNg17ZEnIcIdU892Z1g/edit?usp=sharing

Event starts in 10 minutes - https://www.twitch.tv/hendojitsu

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

There is no justice in the world.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am filing an appeal with the state athletic commission regarding my suspicions that Mr. Carlisle's cornermen rang the round bell early.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

This actually may be true given the results.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 4 Results

CommonShore - 20
RNG Poster - 18
Drewjitsu - 18
Macksy - 17
CarlCX - 14
Digital Jedi - 9
Mr. Carlisle - 7
LobsterMobster - 5
Mekchu - 5

Total Standings as of 4/19/2020

Macksy - 63
CarlCX - 56
Mr. Carlisle - 55
Digital Jedi - 51
Drewjitsu - 47
Mekchu - 43
RNG POSTER - 41
CommonShore - 41
LobsterMobster - 38
Nothing But Hate - 30
piratepilates - 27
HMS Beagle - 22
Alex Murphy - 12
Memento - 11
Ishin - 0

Because CM Punk beat Tyron Woodley we are making him fight Mr. Carlisle in the Goon FC 5 main event for the Goonweight Championship

Macksy will be given first shot after as they are the current title challenger per points (probably do this as a bonus fight after the proper Goon FC 5 card.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 20, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Somehow I started the event with 48 points, gain 7 points and end with 41?

I'm having alot of fun following this but I dunno how you are tallying these because the numbers seem off after every event - is it subtracting them sometimes instead of adding?

Also for what it's worth Carl I predicted you winning and predicting against yourself seems to be key

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 19, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Maybe just continue running the simulations and let people chat about them live and poo poo but forget all this points nonsense that seems not to be working anyway.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brut posted:

Maybe just continue running the simulations and let people chat about them live and poo poo but forget all this points nonsense that seems not to be working anyway.

Agreed - even just having entire cards of random matches between posters would still be really fun

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Somehow I started the event with 48 points, gain 7 points and end with 41?

I'm having alot of fun following this but I dunno how you are tallying these because the numbers seem off after every event - is it subtracting them sometimes instead of adding?

Also for what it's worth Carl I predicted you winning and predicting against yourself seems to be key

Fixed. I still can't figure out why you are the only one having issues with the point total aggregation.

Brut posted:

The purpose of the points is to determine the next top contender for the totally real Goonweight Championship. Thus far we've only had 1 repeat in 5 events, and the difference was 4 points total. Also people can watch the event and not be invested with the fight picks, its just that the Goonweight GP is still running because it gives an extra layer of chat/shittalking during the fights.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Fixed. I still can't figure out why you are the only one having issues with the point total aggregation.

The purpose of the points is to determine the next top contender for the totally real Goonweight Championship. Thus far we've only had 1 repeat in 5 events, and the difference was 4 points total. Also people can watch the event and not be invested with the fight picks, its just that the Goonweight GP is still running because it gives an extra layer of chat/shittalking during the fights.

Is he really the only one having issues with point aggregation or is he just the only one bothering to point it out to you by now?

I'm just trying to save you some effort on what seems like a meaningless thing stacked on top of a meaningless thing, but do what you want, just from the sidelines it looks like way more trouble than it's worth.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Its a fun thing that I hope you continue - just might want to swap programs you're using if the math is just broken and doing the opposite on you than what it should lol

Then again it's just for fun and the scores don't really matter so it's all good regardless

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

Is he really the only one having issues with point aggregation or is he just the only one bothering to point it out to you by now?

I'm just trying to save you some effort on what seems like a meaningless thing stacked on top of a meaningless thing, but do what you want, just from the sidelines it looks like way more trouble than it's worth.

Looking at other people's points (myself, memento etc.) yeah it's just his points that aren't tallying up.

I shared the totals spreadsheet for people too look at and point out any issues they spot because I am but just one person.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Its a fun thing that I hope you continue - just might want to swap programs you're using if the math is just broken and doing the opposite on you than what it should lol

Then again it's just for fun and the scores don't really matter so it's all good regardless

Its the same spreadsheet other seasons used that was made by LoneGoat or someone from years ago. I'm not a spreadsheet wizard so I'll be using this as its easier for me to do and takes less time.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 20, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So slight problem. We can't make a card with the HW fighter fighting a WW fighter. Macksy will face for the title instead and CM Punk will now face Dana White for the WW Championship.

Goon FC 5

Mr. Carlisle (c) vs Macksy
Dana White (c) vs CM Punk
Tecia Torres vs Michelle Waterson
TJ Dillashaw vs Dominick Cruz
Vitor Belfort vs Yoel Romero

https://forms.gle/iDBEypgdbXvKmciS7

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aWqcO2DHIcQUMJTy4Q4fdXrlfKw23NkV4WYSz7v2M0A/edit?usp=sharing

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
If you allow fighter customization please make my fighter as short and fat as possible with the fighter's moveset that involves the most amount of fancy kicks.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Macksy posted:

If you allow fighter customization please make my fighter as short and fat as possible with the fighter's moveset that involves the most amount of fancy kicks.

So you're just trying to make Deron Winn?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mekchu posted:

So slight problem. We can't make a card with the HW fighter fighting a WW fighter. Macksy will face for the title instead and CM Punk will now face Dana White for the WW Championship.

You can't make a card that way but you can hold openweight tournaments, so if you're willing to fudge it you can have the card be the first four fights, then hold an openweight tournament with Carlisle/Punk as the first fight and just quit afterward.

edit: I tested this and Punk armbarred Travis Browne, jesus christ

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 23, 2020

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr Carlisle, KO r3
CM Punk, sub, r1
Waterson, dec
Dillashaw, KO, r3
Romero, KO r1

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

You can't make a card that way but you can hold openweight tournaments, so if you're willing to fudge it you can have the card be the first four fights, then hold an openweight tournament with Carlisle/Punk as the first fight and just quit afterward.

edit: I tested this and Punk armbarred Travis Browne, jesus christ

Yeah that's a possibility. I like the current compromise of Dana/Punk but if people want a Punk/Carlisle title fight I can do a 4 person tournament and just do the Carlisle/Punk match and stream that after the main card.

Also I think CM Punk is broken because what the gently caress haha.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mr. Carlisle, KO R2
CM Punk, Sub, R1
Michelle Waterson, Sub, R2
TJ Dillashaw, Decision
Yoel Romero, KO, R3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS