Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You have nothing better to do so let's revisit what is widely considered the best Mania of the modern era. It starts at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.

Daniel Bryan vs. HHH (if Bryan wins, he gets added to the main event)
The Shield vs. Kane & New Age Outlaws
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
WWE Divas Championship: Vickie Guerrero Invitational battle royal
WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton(c) vs. Batista

Boy I sure hope Bryan doesn't get buried again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I hope this thread gets more replies than this year's wrestlemania thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

As series finales go, this was a great one. Thankfully they learned the lesson from AFTER MASH wrapped it all up here.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i dont think i ever actually watched all of this one, or if i have its been awhile. anyway, im here, im queer, ive got nothing better to do

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll join in like half an hour. This is from before I really started paying attention to wrestling so it should be fun.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I was live at this wm. This is my first time seeing it on tv.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I really wanted to go to this one, but I was sick as a dog and couldn't go. Glad they came back to New Orleans later but that wasn't nearly as good as this one.

I do love the upcoming opener though. Must've been awesome to see that live.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Oh so it's not an actual replay its gonna be sliced up bullshit

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Hey I don't remember these guys.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh Jesus I forgot this segment took up like 20 minutes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Benne posted:

Hulk looks so tanned and healthy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
SPECIAL MOMENT

SPECIAL MOMENT

god this really is chewed up poo poo for babies lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

The majority of the crowd was still getting in during this segment because security in the superdome was a loving nightmare

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

how was this six years ago already? :psyduck:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
These announcers are the drizzling shits, good to see that nothing's changed in 6 years

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

wat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

These announcers are the drizzling shits, good to see that nothing's changed in 6 years

The announcing is like 80% of the reason I dont watch anymore

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

that shirt is painted on, dwayne

wwe announcing is unbearable, doubly so when you watch ANYTHING else

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

goddamn that's a pop

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

how long is this with commercials, 12 hours?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The day of this show my friends and I grabbed poboys from a gas station in kenner and my one buddy wound up missing half the card because he had the shits so bad, he missed the streak being broken, the entire shield match, and bryan winning the belt he never watched wrestling again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shiksa posted:

how long is this with commercials, 12 hours?

I got a feeling we're gonna see most of the card cut.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I got a feeling we're gonna see most of the card cut.

Opener
Bryan vs HHH
Undertaker vs Brock
Triple Threat Match

What else do you need?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Turns out skipping the first half hour was the right thing to do.

What a dumb loving thing to do on your first time on ESPN, lead off with a half hour of ex-wrestlers stroking each others' egos

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

For the mania weekend we saw ring of honor and czw? Wrestlemania weekend wasnt exactly like how it is today with all the major indies runnin shows top to bottom.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Rock makes people gently caress

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
It's 4 hours on ESPN, so I assume that's roughly 3 hours without commercials. The WWE network version is just under 4 hours, so that means 25% of the show will be cut out.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A proud Mania tradition: Old guys huffing their own farts for 30 minutes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This should of been cut.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That whole segment aged like a glass of milk left out in the sun

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still loling at the idea of Bryan loving Danielson not having any charisma

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

american dragon is cool even if this song suck

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Still a great hype video.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I would say this was the 2nd best video package wwe has ever put together, second only to the Rock/Austin limp bizkit video

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You just know that HHH gave that exact same speech to Cody multiple times

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
gat dang massive video there

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I forget, which HHH is this, Terminator H?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmf dick o hunter

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's a good chance that Stephanie, Charlotte, Alexa and Sasha will be the only women appearing on this replay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought Charlotte was in this but I don't see anyone that looks like her.