Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
skipping 30 pages to say that Bessatsu Olympia Kyklos is the best anime this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Tell us why

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Status update on the development of the Cowboy Bebop and One Piece live action adaptations.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-marty-adelstein-updates-cowboy-bebop-one-piece-series

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pecorine is powerful.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Why in the world would anyone want a live action One Piece?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I just realized a big change they'd have to make. If it's the standard Netlix format, around around ten episodes per season and at least a year between seasons, that means they have to get the crew together way faster. I can't imagine they'd end season one with just Luffy, Zoro, and Nami.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, even if it's a straight adaptation (which I doubt) you could easily cut down a lot of things. Zoro, Ussop, and Sanji joining can all be one episode affairs, the rest of the first season is Arlong. Then you could do the Crocodile arc across seasons 2 and 3, and that'd be a decent climax to the show if it doesn't get renewed from there.

But also I have no idea how you'd do Luffy's power in live action without it looking like Son of the Mask.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I just realized a big change they'd have to make. If it's the standard Netlix format, around around ten episodes per season and at least a year between seasons, that means they have to get the crew together way faster. I can't imagine they'd end season one with just Luffy, Zoro, and Nami.

I wrote about this before; I think it's doable, since a live-action episode is normally twice as long as an anime episode. If they keep a brisk pace, getting through East Blue's 100 chapters in 13 episodes or even less seems doable; 4 chapters per anime episode is reasonable, after all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
We were so preoccupied with whether or not we could, we didn't stop to think if we should.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

But also I have no idea how you'd do Luffy's power in live action without it looking like Son of the Mask.

That's an interesting question. There have been a bunch of live-action Fantastic Four movies, but I haven't seen any of them; I think they were all very poorly received, but for reasons unrelated to Reed's stretching. Do any of them have a passable stretching effect?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Julias posted:

Status update on the development of the Cowboy Bebop and One Piece live action adaptations.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-marty-adelstein-updates-cowboy-bebop-one-piece-series
Oh my god, they got Yoko Kanno back for the soundtrack? I no longer care if this show is good or bad, just let me buy the osts already

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if they share an exec producer with the snowpiercer show who was responsible for that show's script then uhhhhh. i have very little faith.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Endorph posted:

What if they did make it look like Son of the Mask?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Silver2195 posted:

That's an interesting question. There have been a bunch of live-action Fantastic Four movies, but I haven't seen any of them; I think they were all very poorly received, but for reasons unrelated to Reed's stretching. Do any of them have a passable stretching effect?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M63JgBBQ9w

Looks passable to me? :shrug:

Triggerhappypilot posted:

What if they did make it look like Son of the Mask?

Early one piece did have some slapstick here and there, almost like a... cartoon.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The bigger question is how in the world are they going to have Zoro use swords in his mouth. I have a feeling that isn't going to really work in live action with an actual actor.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The bigger question is how in the world are they going to have Zoro use swords in his mouth. I have a feeling that isn't going to really work in live action with an actual actor.
The actor's really gonna have to work out those heart muscles, obviously.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only fantastic four movie i've seen is rise of the silver surfer and that movie is interesting because 90% of it is just the fantastic four passively reacting to things happening and literally all the thing does in the entire movie is hold some big objects and then they all just stare at a big cloud at the end while the silver surfer ends the movie

it's a worse, more shallow telling of the whole silver surfer plotline than the fantastic four cartoon from the 90s

oh and mr. fantastic's cg is really bad in it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

New preview for Baki season 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUA-vUUXHN8

At the end the annotations are saying it will premiere June 4th, Globally.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Oh, cool! I'm on season 1 part 2 now and it's been a wild ride.

I can't wait to see more deadly mountains of muscles gently making love to each other

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1263668802929209345?s=20

Fire Force 2 in July

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Higurashi's remake has been delayed to 'whenever'.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
more time for people to read the vn

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I liked Fire Force quite a lot. The Series really picked up once it got to Asakusa.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe they'll let Maki do something.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I tried watching the new GitS but literally fell asleep at some point during the road battle in the first episode. I don't know if it's the translation but the sustainable war stuff feels like a bore to follow. I might try it again with the dub and see if it sticks better because the original SAC dub was fantastic. I think all the actors are the same, yeah?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Agronox posted:

Tell us why
It's a goofy mix of claymation and cutouts. Each episode also has a different ending song related to the topic of the episode!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Coxswain Balls posted:

I tried watching the new GitS but literally fell asleep at some point during the road battle in the first episode. I don't know if it's the translation but the sustainable war stuff feels like a bore to follow. I might try it again with the dub and see if it sticks better because the original SAC dub was fantastic. I think all the actors are the same, yeah?

Yes. Stick with it, because the stuff in the US is only the first few episodes and it improves quite a bit as it goes on.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes. Stick with it, because the stuff in the US is only the first few episodes and it improves quite a bit as it goes on.

Alright, I'll give it another shot, thanks.

I like Tamayomi now since it's been getting better bit by bit with every episode. The part where Yomi catches Tamaki with her previous battery pitcher was the best.

Tama-chan, who the gently caress is this bitch?

https://i.imgur.com/sfn7JeN.mp4
Oh uh nobody Yomi-chan

https://i.imgur.com/AiB1Gzr.mp4
When you meet your partner's clingy ex.

e: I don't know wtf Imgur is scaling these images up. I'll fix it later.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 09:57 on May 22, 2020

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
That was to be expected but Haikyuu's got delayed

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1263652161876971525

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
My Next Life as a Villainess has tricked me into liking a harem show the same way Zombieland Saga tricked me into liking an idol show.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there is no such thing as being tricked into liking a show

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chumbler posted:

Maybe they'll let Maki do something.

She did do stuff. And was awesome at it.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

The Colonel posted:

there is no such thing as being tricked into liking a show

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

You only got tricked if the show changes and becomes bad after you're too invested to drop it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Maybe you tricked yourself into thinking all harem and idol shows are automatically bad

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bakarina is one-two knockout punch of realization that you like both a harem and an isekai.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the secret is that the genres people mock for entries they specifically focus on and talk about constantly for how bad they are, have good entries that people don't look at because they focus on the ones that they think are bad

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

She did do stuff. And was awesome at it.

Maybe they're talking about Tamaki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Colonel posted:

i think the secret is that the genres people mock for entries they specifically focus on and talk about constantly for how bad they are, have good entries that people don't look at because they focus on the ones that they think are bad
There can also be issues with the genre that turn you off but are a part of the appeal for other people. Like I generally enjoy the first half of idol/sports anime where everyone is just being goofy idiots and becoming friends, but don't really care for the melodrama that usually arrives in the second half. Even though I know watching kids be sad is the appeal for other people.