Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Oh yeah I thought they were referring to Dorohedoro not AoT for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Dorohedoro ended about a year and a half ago. Funny thing is that I heard that Attack on Titan was to be done like a year ago, yet here we loving are still.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmr5XmAzcRU

big budget anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

No idea if the story will be good or not, but that trailer just put such a wide smile on my face that I feel like I have to check it out. Love Freddie Mercury :allears:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The first anime with a Queen OP since Big O :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Everything is better with more Freddie Mercury.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes. Stick with it, because the stuff in the US is only the first few episodes and it improves quite a bit as it goes on.

Just wanna thank you again for the advice, I'm halfway through the season and it definitely feels like Stand Alone Complex again. I still think the old animation was nicer and made for better looking action scenes, but I've come around to the CGI; the forest in Kyoto looks gorgeous.

e: poo poo, I thought it was a 24 episode season and just took a break from watching it at 12 and went back to find out it was the season finale. Damnit, just when I was getting into it!

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 30, 2020

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My prediction based.on big budget op anx the art and character designs is that tbis will have vood.animation but not live up.tl.the hype writing wise :cheerdoge:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's directed by the director of 91 days, houzuki no reitetsu and kimi ni todoke

seems like the person in charge of series composition has only ever done movies so i dunno how that'll turn out

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

The Colonel posted:

seems like the person in charge of series composition has only ever done movies so i dunno how that'll turn out

He's also done a bunch of jdrama series, like the popular Legal High. First animated thing, though, it would appear.

ndor
Jan 17, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Thierry Laurent is dead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ndor posted:

Thierry Laurent is dead.

The Olympic cyclist?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ndor posted:

Thierry Laurent is dead.

There is literally no news about this online that I can find.

ndor
Jan 17, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Lost Highway. Sorry, I guess it was a bit of a contrived reference about guys named Laurent in LA.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There's a trailer for a tokyo disaster anime being directed by Yuasa and produced by Science Saru that's going to be on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfys-2KA3oQ

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, really? Wasn't Yuasa in sabbatical?

e: betrayed by my own devices! :cripes:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 30, 2020

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Wark Say posted:

Wait, really? Wasn't Yuasa in sabbatical?

e: betrayed by my own devices! :cripes:

This was the last thing he was working on.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Julias posted:

There's a trailer for a tokyo disaster anime being directed by Yuasa and produced by Science Saru that's going to be on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfys-2KA3oQ

This is like the fifth time this exact same story has been adapted in some form or other since it was originally published as a novel in the late 60s.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hopefully he'll follow it up with an adaptation of Everything But Japan Sinks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Black Stones posted:

This was the last thing he was working on.

I also don't think he retired from directing entirely, since he also has a movie in the works. He just stepped down from directly running the studio.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Oh, I thought he was taking a break completely for a while as he said he was burnt out. My mistake, I guess he’s just perhaps slowing down the output considerably. They’ve been super busy the last couple years.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Japan sinks had already finished production when he announced he was stepping down. He retired completely as president and said hed like to take a break before his next work (after Japan sinks.) He's only supervising on inu-oh, so it's less work.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gripweed posted:

Hopefully he'll follow it up with an adaptation of Everything But Japan Sinks

That’s just Devil Survivor 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RatHat posted:

also yuuki yuuna

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

RatHat posted:

No it's a real movie. It's a parody of Japan Sinks

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

No it's a real movie. It's a parody of Japan Sinks

Lmao. Good luck fitting the entire remaining population of Earth into Japan.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

I mean, it worked on Shin Megami Tensei? :shrug:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it's directed by the director of 91 days, houzuki no reitetsu and kimi ni todoke

Lol how.did I know it was by the 91 Days director

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

Julias posted:

Isn't this also a plot detail in Fire Force

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

yuasa is director on japan sinks but Pyeon-Gang Ho is listed as series director and i’ve seen some people say she’s the actual director, maybe like a shinbo/shaft situation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it's like how Yuasa was the general director on Eizouken but he didn't direct every episode. A supervising director, yeah.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I think it's like how Yuasa was the general director on Eizouken but he didn't direct every episode. A supervising director, yeah.

that's a normal thing in anime though, the series director is usually only the episode director for a few episodes, often the first and last and maybe an important one in the middle.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Isn't this also a plot detail in Fire Force

No quite it's fitting everyone left in the world into Tokyo.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:coolfish: :same:

They are going to restart from the beginning so the actual next episode will be on July 28th.

quote:

Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater Anime Restarts on July 7 After COVID-19 Delay
x

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nice, was really enjoying that one before it got cut off

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Princess Connect was not the show I expected to come out of this season enjoying the most but its certainly looking that way. Yuuki being an oblivious doofy moron mostly silent protagonist just works so well for some reason and adds more to the comedy than I thought was possible.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It is an extremely rare thing to pull out on a character. Yuuki is the most wholesome of the princesses and your only desire is to protect him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wave, Listen to Me! (Nami yo Kiitekure ) is a great and unpredictable comedy about spectacular mess of a woman stumbling into being a radio host. It's also one of the most "for adults" animes I have ever seen, not in the "gratuitous sex and violence" sense, but in the "this show is written to be extremely relatable to people that are at least mid-twenties" sense, which makes it pretty unique by itself. Additionally, it features incredible VA work, pretty good glimpse into how radio shows work and cute turtles.

I fell in love with this show when the main character bought a copy of lovely Canadian horror movie Ghost Ship thinking it was Demi Moore's Ghost. That's a joke for about five people, myself included.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd rather watch Ghost Ship tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I fell in love with this show when the main character bought a copy of lovely Canadian horror movie Ghost Ship thinking it was Demi Moore's Ghost. That's a joke for about five people, myself included.

The best thing about that joke was that she still considered it a good "cry your eyes out after getting dumped by your ex" movie, if a bit gory. :allears: