Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Endorph posted:

No anime is already finished. That isn't how the industry works. Period. Some stuff migt not get delayed, but its not because it's all done and they can just go home.

https://twitter.com/AshitanoGin/status/1251147766048251905

Here's a guy who has some industry-insider knowledge. Don't take it as fact or anything but.

Is there a reason for this, because it sounds stupid. Does western animation work this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I can forgive the animation style, and I'm not having the issues with the writing that you guys have. Just hearing the old cast of SAC back makes it all worth it.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Julias posted:

Lmao. Good luck fitting the entire remaining population of Earth into Japan.

Isn't this also a plot detail in Fire Force

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Can't believe it took this long.

Now they just need to cast Britney Karbowski in the inevitable dub.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

"The Misfit of Demon King Academy" sounds like a light novel designed by AI.

Why is "demon king" even a thing, anyway. You'd think authors would feel bad about reusing that same concept so literally over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Space Flower posted:

the four kings thing goes further back tho, and they weren't on shuten's side, whereas today when you see that motif you expect it to be on the opposing side. isn't mazoku/maou stuff more from a western influence that becomes largely popular through dragon quest?

It frequently sounds like just using straight JRPG tropes without any modifications to me.

This is why I can barely watch Danmachi among others.