Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope we all have a good time this season 👍

i highly recommend arte to any lovers of history or art, fantastic manga. you also get to enjoy beautiful italy without getting infected by corona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

radio is by Hiroaki Samura, who is a great mangaka that has never gotten a good anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

botl may be his best known work but most of his manga has no fighting, most is more aimed at arty mags or comedies

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i lust for death

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

where they keep all the other promotional ln anime sequels

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its a sequel anime to the new game

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

greatly enjoyed the first episode of listeners, its been a while since theres been a real rock show (c&t devolving into bland pop very quickly) and this delivered with a ton of refs, a classic guitar soundtrack, classic rock mecha battles and prince and jimi hendrix are characters

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

Did Carole and Tuesday ever bill itself as a show about rock music? I didn’t go super deep into the advertising for it but everything I saw really was advertising more as a pop style thing.

I just want somebody to animate all of Mongolian Chop Squad even though I know that will never happen.

maybe rock isnt exactly accurate but the creator prestige and general trailers and marketing of the show definitely promised something more then what it turned out to be, a show that would fit within nickelodeons live action line up

Furnaceface posted:

Well I wasnt really interested in anything this season but now I have to give this a watch. Are we talking, like, full on buttrock? Cause Im down for that.

just rock

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its better at adapting hiroaki fight scenes then any of the boti anime sadly enough

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

big congrats to doga koko for adapting a series not about little girls

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

try this classic dinosaur manga instead

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

snafu s3 got delayed cause of corona

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

his power is literally "all women are queens", that earns the name imo

so hes a simp. simp knight

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/XWT5rir.mp4

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

almost all the people and places are references!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what makes it edgy, does the host get an std

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well, the detectives are real people so its just copying history like ethat

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

new key visual!

also a new delay!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

jashin-chan is an example this season. fully done and available the second the season started

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im having a good time with it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

we aren't even sure where the spanish flu came from and diseases have been named after the area they came from forever, west nile disease, ebola, zika, nothing new

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Terrible Opinions posted:

All credible evidence shows it to have originated in the US or France, and it would have been literally impossible for it to have originated in Spain, the place it was named after exclusively to propaganda purposes.

so just like the discussion over the name now is pure propaganda :)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Lol come on grouchio not only have you been wishing for people to risk their lives to corona to go make anime again, youve barely seen any anime and not a single one you wouldn’t find on some youtubers list of best currently airing anime for newbies. Go expand your horizons first!!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

That's why you should only watch shows nobody else on god's green earth has ever watched or will ever watch. In conclusion please watch "Barom-1" and report back

Thats the true anime fan life :cheers:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Julias posted:

I'm curious, have you tried Hamefura (Bakarina?) I think if you're enjoying Kaguya you might enjoy it as well. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919866

seems like a tenuous connection

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Splode posted:

Oh my god, I'm sorry, enough!

I'm sorry thread, there's nothing wrong with enjoying Isekai. I just personally don't like them! I personally find this style of story boring. I also don't like time travel stories. It's just my personal preference.

Also this

no, keep up bullying these people!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they should have shot aramaki the second he brought up cgi again

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:shrug: most of SAC's stand alone plots, and especially SAC2s plots were just ripped off from other movies. movies are way better

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

How about instead of wishing that people would be put in bodily peril so you can watch your Japanese cartoons, you hope that the anime studios develop effective work from home workflows to continue bringing the content safely.

the problem is all on the voice acting really, good equipment for that is expensive

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its my gope that with corona the animators will have gently caress all else to do and we get the best looking anime season ever 🤗:D

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

no slavery in youjo senki...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Joshlemagne posted:

Well the spring 2020 season may be slowly dying of covid-19 but at least before it goes it gave us a genderswapped anime Kurt Cobain who, after getting addicted to a drug called "teen spirit" by a character named after Courtney Love's band, tries to kill herself by stealing a giant robot and smashing her head into a wall.

On an unrelated note, Listeners gets a lot more watchable if you actually understand the five billion musical references they make per episode. Not good, mind you, just more watchable. I did like the apathetic cheerleaders and the dudes literally smashing pumpkins in the background, but I have no idea who the naked guys covered in dirt and obsessed with math were and feel like I'll probably feel dumb when someone tells me.

The mud club is as far as i got. Besides the ones you mentioned i also spotted dinosaur jr, the pixies, kiss and the beatles this ep

But yeah the show isn’t very good. Not all that much to it besides spotting music refs

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i only engage with fiction as a whole, and anything goes as its fiction. down with american cultural norms

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's pronounced Myne, but spelled Main for presumably the same reasons the river in Germany pronounced Myne is spelled Main.

theyre both home to nazis? We are through the looking glass here people

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

It's not, there are fantasy isekai and sci fi isekai and drama isekai and romance isekai and historical isekai, isekai that are for every demographic and age group. It's a narrative device that can work in any genre.

Generalizations are hardly ever useful because they become assumptions that then become misused entirely as they are more well known. Thinking of what happened to the bechdel test and phrases like manic pixie dream girl. It's a way to not have to use your words like you are doing right now.

You can just say all isekai are bad and thats why this one piece is bad without describing whats bad about it. It becomes even less endearing when somebody speaks with absolute authority about something they are barely familiar with themselves.

There are a lot of isekai constructions that could be removed and improve the story but that is not any sort of universal truth. Thinking about Wolf here whos nature is entirely predicated on being a stranger in a strange land.

theres romcoms, satire, musicals and parody, but comedy is still a genre

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Agronox posted:

I don’t think Call of Cthulhu ever got much play in Japan.

Maybe it’s kind of implicit in Re:Zero.

? There is a lot of cthulhu inspired japanese fiction, including several straight adaptations

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

being right by accident is the best kind of right 🙂

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://gfycat.com/decentfirsthandbison-watamote-anime

https://streamable.com/tibf

https://streamable.com/pn25

bad cgi is bad choices

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they announced multiple shows. you can see the image you mean in the comment and the other new cast in this pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i just want sad kids but without the goofiness and friendship