Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tower of God didn't do anything interesting in the first episode. People have been hyping it, does the source get better later on or is it a bad adaptation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Really liked episode 1 of Wave Listen Etc. I hope they keep it up.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Problem: Voice actors can't record together because of covid
Solution: One voice actor does every character

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Julias posted:

Maybe a regional thing?

All 24 eps available right here.

The episode thumbnails are enough to make me not want to watch it

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Does Dorohedoro get much more gorey later on? Because episode 1 already reached uncomfortable territory for me. But I'd like to continue watching.

That's about as gory as it gets

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ranzear posted:

The degree to which the characters casually shrug things off as totally normal, like the annual zombie outbreak, is more disturbing to me than most of the content. It builds one hell of an affably crapsack world.

The zombie apocalypse with fabulous prizes is the most hilariously disturbing worldbuilding I've seen in ages

Wark Say posted:

Dorohedoro can and will get gorier from there on. It also gets funnier, weirder and even more heartwarming.

I don't think anything really tops ripping a girl's face off she gets better

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

A perfectly ordinary series about a woman becoming a radio presenter

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The first anime with a Queen OP since Big O :v:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It was obvious from the start that Mayoiga was ridiculous on purpose. I was expecting/hoping it to be the sort of series where everyone dies (it had a similar vibe to Another I thought), but I enjoyed what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I don't think mystery games really translate well to anime. Traditional (good) mystery stories give you clues over the course of the story and when the solution is revealed you've already solved it or at least think you should have been able to. Games like Dangan Ronpa and Phoenix Wright often give you clues that are basically completely useless until someone in the trial says something that contradicts them. In a game that's fine because it's your job to present that clue at that point, but in the anime you only have a window of about ten seconds if you want to figure it out for yourself.