Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Didn't watch any anime for 6 weeks and fell behind, but finally caught up on the new season, some pretty good stuff, imo.

Wave, Listen to Me!: Easily the anime of the season for me, Minare is a perfect acid tongued protagonist and the voice actress really kills it. It's kind of a shame about her casual homophobia but I read that as projecting since she definitely appears to be bisexual. Her monologue's remind me a lot of watching Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, just absolutely captivating and hilarious extended monologues and stories.

Brand New Animal: It's very Trigger, but I'm quite enjoying the characterizations and the wild fight scenes. Just oodles of fun.

Sing Yesterday to Me: I get huge Scum's Wish vibes from this, except for less mopey and less horny. All the characters are clearly messes and I am entirely here for that. Also the subtle character animation really sells the smaller moments.

Tower of God: I like the sketchy art style and it's one of those shows with compelling enough storytelling that each episode feels like it's 5 minutes. I assume this is gonna be expanded on from the initial 13 episode order into another big franchise.

Kaguya-sama: So far I think this season is even better than the first one, and I hope we see more of Moeha's creepiness.

Appare-Ranman: Main character is a huge jackass but anime wacky racers is pretty promising from the episodes released before it got indefinitely delayed. The weirdest thing is how everyone but the racers just look like normal people in period appropriate dress and all the racers are anime as gently caress.

Still need to watch Hamefura, I also checked out Gal and Dino, which seemed pointless, and Princess Connect and kakushigoto, neither of which were as funny as I was expecting.

E: Okay I watched the 4 episodes out of Hamefura, it's pretty good

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
dorohedero wasn't studio orange quality (what else really is though) but i thought it had a pretty good aesthetic for cg anime

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Wave, Listen to Me! is easily the best anime this season and Hamefura is very good too, so I'll recommend Brand New Animal as a great dose of Trigger bombastic and zany action, and is a whole lot of fun. For a more low key affair, Sing Yesterday to Me is a great examination of mid 20s listlessness, unrequited love and moving on from the past.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Colonel posted:

i think the secret is that the genres people mock for entries they specifically focus on and talk about constantly for how bad they are, have good entries that people don't look at because they focus on the ones that they think are bad

nah some genres are just predominantly bad