Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
infrequent translations made me fall off it but it definitely carries interesting emotional weight w/ many of the chars chasing answers or otherwise finding fulfillment in their powers/partnerships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i look forward to seeing anak/androssi fighting and the resulting fanart again. good love/hate, good attitude lizard

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
help help! i don't know which to pronounce. the k or the c? which is right? they're so different

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1247308856537088001

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
his power is literally "all women are queens", that earns the name imo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Hard to say. Jashin-chan is primarily an Amazon show and in the past year and a half has had a variety of connections through advertisements with Prime, sports teams, merch collabs, towns, etc.

In ~December '18 the show asked via Twitter for 2000 disc sales from fans and that would guarantee a second season. This kind of proposal is essentially unheard of though many suspected it had to do with Amazon being zealous and pumping in money where we aren't seeing it.

What you may have heard as crowdfunding is that the unreleased episode of Jashin-chan S2 is a cross-promotion for the Hokkaido city of Chitose where the main character's voice actor was born (said episode also features a new character who is voiced by another girl from Chitose). And basically, there's a system in Japan where you can donate to a rural city or project and receive tax cuts in return. It's effectively like choosing that some of your taxes go there. So the anime asked last December for 20 million yen from this tax program and what they raised was 180 million. lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
If you think the problem described in that article is Chinese money then you might want to reread it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Still amazed that Nanoha managed to flesh out and make actual characters of what were originally just palette swapped versions of the main cast in a PSP game

It's the PSP games that did all of that though

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H71UmCq3lWc

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if kancolle had an ep that was just the mutsukis and ryuujou it'd be a god anime

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i move away from the mic to breath in

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
sparknotes and my resulting grades disagree

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you sparknotes the required reading, the class goes over it for two weeks, by that point the teacher has fed you material for the essay. next q

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
literally 5head

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

The recap episode is also just the animators bitching about the show via the characters, so thats really funny

my fond memory is hiroe rei just putting out a doujinshi that summer comiket where the chars all reflect on the first cour impressions. meteora acts smug about being first in the char rankings while eating through the entire doujin

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4JihIl-7c

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jun 10, 2020

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

looks good to me!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kwyndig posted:

None of that shows the main character, a spider.

the main character could be a sack of potatoes voiced by Yuuki Aoi and i'd watch it. also she's front and center

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 20, 2020

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Paracelsus posted:

so it's not likely to be the censorship cluster that Reviewers was.

https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1274150087808045056

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'd say rather than 'unusual' it's refreshing to see someone written more like how a young kid acts out in school when they have a) family issues and b) a crush on someone. dangerous combo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
not only a wrong take within its own context, but fails to acknowledge the nagatoro friends who gave up their braincells for limitless power

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
why are elves even a thing, anyway. you'd think authors would feel bad about reusing that same concept so literally over and over again.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Maxwell Adams posted:

It's basically an isekai power trip where the reincarnated demon king goes to evil Hogwarts where everyone is Slitheryn.

you can just say it's a academy for demons

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

FilthyImp posted:

An izekai hogwarts where everyone has Lvl99+Ultra end-game magic tho.

this series isn't isekai. there is no 'transported from the real world'. and they don't even use end-game magic. you can look at a synopsis of this series and it tells you that magic in the world has declined in the 2000 years without a demon lord.

all of this speaking in tropes does nothing to actually inform people of what a story is about!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
then you call it native isekai

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

A lot of demon king stuff in fiction is pretty blatantly based on Shuten-Douji. Four generals and all.

the four kings thing goes further back tho, and they weren't on shuten's side, whereas today when you see that motif you expect it to be on the opposing side. isn't mazoku/maou stuff more from a western influence that becomes largely popular through dragon quest?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you dont wanna wait like i dunno, 900 years or so ? minimum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if your wife is ever looking for a manga written by a woman she can pick up the manga version of kodomo no jikan, alternatively

well, there's giant boobs in it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
just saying, but kodomo no jikan is a blackout on the okada bingo board. there's also an interview on the series website where she talks about offering to work on the project after reading the comic and becoming enamored with the story and main character. okada didn't just go in, do a job, and get out, she wrote half of it as anime original content after hitting it off with the mangaka who encouraged her to fire off on all cylinders rather than make the kind of 'safe' adaptation of an ongoing work you usually see, where the anime ending is very thematically quiet.