Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you cant just say the author has a hyper specific fetish without saying what it is

god knows, from the description, i ain't gonna go find out on my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

now it actually sounds interesting, I'll check it out. that blurb didn't do it any favors and just made me think of Planet With

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah but i've seen planet with

i loved planet with

i wouldn't want to see planet with again

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

I watched Planet With and... I felt like I didn't get it?

I didn't hate it or anything, but I didn't love it ether, didn't see anything that made me go "Yes, Planet With is a standout show". It wasn't even "I see what people love in this but it's not for me.", but an inability to see why anyone would think of it as particularly special.

I liked it more than Granbelm, for example, but Granbelm had aspects where I went "Ah, I see, the people who love it like these things, and are willing to overlook its flaws in exchange for seeing those things done to their liking." Planet With, I didn't have that.

planet with was one of those animes that are like a raw id experience that you really have to watch with other people

i would never have gotten through it on my own, most of the fun was typing in all caps when stupid poo poo happened

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

from the past but: anyone who wants to watch shokugeki should instead watch shin chuuka ichiban

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

for a general feel: how much is every single other korean comic just ripping off tower of god because it sure feels like 75% of the ones that i see are ripping off the same thing and it's either solo levelling or solo levelling is just also ripping off tower of god

i haven't watched tower of god yet, from what i hear i think i want to let some episodes pile up

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

now where's my devil is a part timer season 2 3 4 and 5

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

gun jammed...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Steven J Blum talks to Steven J Blum about how they'll defeat Steven J Blum with the power of friendship.

this has almost certainly already happened before on accident

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"please look forward to the next three episodes of stevie galaxy in fifteen months"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

wow we're just really posting now, baby

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Roth posted:

At least the voice work for anime is top notch I guess.

But yeah, it happens with even super mainstream shows like Jojo and My Hero Academia where people only watch the anime.

Pretty sure that's the vast majority of the fanbase there, at least for western audiences.

Also the JoJo and MHA animes are high-quality as opposed to what happened to One Piece somewhere around the Marineford arc. My first Quarantine Mission was to finally catch up on One Piece - by starting the manga from the beginning and finally abandoning the anime. At Chapter 773 right now

Unrelated: I didn't expect Wave, Listen to Me to take a second to indulge in the 'oh no! a predatory gay man!' bullshit for a second so I guess brace yourself for that if you haven't see the episode yet

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i want to be reincarnated as dalton from chrono trigger

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

girls funny :)

She climb tree haha

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The Colonel posted:

i like how loving massive this unfinished cut makes her look

an absolute tank

change the character design to this tia

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The Colonel posted:

this is literally the worst post you've ever made

drat that's an extremely high bar

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

in the latest episode of bookworm it's for sure better than dying in a pit but main and lutz sure got around to 'use the orphans as cheap labor' real quick huh

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

and through it all, one piece, from all the way back in 1776

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Grouchio posted:

But you're not here for excuses. You're just here to make fun of me.

you're awful, endorph

Argue posted:

Just saw the latest ep; from the comments here I was worried that they just jumped right to "invent sweatshops" and making the main characters look really gross, but I thought they did a decent job showing that this was a last ditch effort from Maine, exploiting loopholes in the rules because of how blase anyone in an actual position to help was towards the orphans.

On the other hand, the way it was described in the book felt... a lot more dire than what we saw here, so Maine's sheer horror and desperation wasn't as evident--in my brain, Junji Ito was taking over illustration duties for the chapter. Anyway, it's probably not nearly as problematic as it would have been if it was set on earth, since it's a world where the orphans would normally be working at that age anyway if anyone cared to support them.

yeah of the options available it was definitely the best one but dang i could've used at least a little hesitation

like one of them going 'it's a little close to slave labor' 'yeah but this that and the other thing' just to get a ssssskosh of distance away from outright glee

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The Bookworm stuff would give me less pause if we weren't talking about 6 year olds

Like Main acknowledging the system is hosed up is one thing but I would really like her to flinch before press ganging a bunch of children who have no other options into her personal workforce. At least one throwaway thing

Patware fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 28, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Doesn't she literally not have the resources to help them otherwise? It's this or starve?

i'll restate yet again that i understand completely that this is basically the one move she has available to her

i just wish she hadn't settled on it with apparent glee. i mostly trust the author to eventually move toward a position of main working for societal reform but this moment right here should've had the first moments of her considering it.

my personal quibble isn't very strenuous. i don't liken this to a slave situation because main's goal is legitimately to better their lives and if one of them decides to tell main to gently caress off it's not like she's going to be beating them into submission. i just wish she'd flinched because then it would be easier to have this trust. some acknowledgement that main understands that her one option is still a hosed up one from the modern perspective she's supposed to have

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dzhay posted:

Any Isekai written after 2003 can't innovate... all they know is RPG mechanics, cheat powers, Japanese cooking and slave girl

hmm

joke already made two pages ago, but throwing in japanese cooking is strong...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

...what?

what???

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i was gonna say a manga that ran from '98 to '04 and had an anime in '01 but i guess shaman king stuff is still running today???

Shaman King: 98-04
Shaman King Anime: 01-02
Shaman King Zero(?): 11-14
Shaman King Flowers(??): 12-14
Shaman King The Superstar(????): 18-present??? ongoing???

i haven't heard word one about shaman king since i was a kid. the GBA games were alright

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Sindai posted:

EDIT: Not, one, but two monster girl harem series in the same season? How oddly synchronous

i don't know about the other one but peter grill is basically going to be like... think about all the things interspecies reviewers could've gone the absolutely wrong way on

peter grill goes that way every time. it's trash

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kaguya is the best comedy anime there has ever been

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm embarrassed that it took me so long to get why the posts were flipped

anyway did anyone else just kinda get fatigued on Bookworm halfway through the season this time? i feel like it somehow went from relaxed to outright sleepy

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

well, you know

we're in hellworld

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

why are our forums in inferior western style again

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Julias posted:

God of High School was also a fun first ep, though apparently it's skipping over a lot of the characters backstory.

a good decision because that poo poo was rollicking

they can wait to tell me about their childhoods until after i've been given cool reasons to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

trying to take my medicine and finish the season but the gleeful charge into profiting off child labor is such a bitter pill