Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

It's like if Captain Morgan was a Somalian pirate fuckin :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Hey everyone.

I'm the real life best friend of the thread creator Chitoryu, real name Cody. I felt it necessary to let you all know that he passed away this evening. He left in peace, in the company of his mother. If you have any questions or comments, I'll be here. Thanks.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cassius Belli posted:

Reading this hit me like I'd known him personally. This thread (and its predecessor) were great, insightful trips down memory lane, and I'm grateful to him for sharing them and the little snippets of his life with us.

I hope the past month hasn't been too hard on him; he didn't share a lot of details about the accident last year but recovery cannot possibly have been easy.

Send all our best to his family for us. Do they have any way for us to send flowers or money for funeral expenses?

Nothing as of yet. He left just last night, but I'll update if I find anything out from his mom.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cassius Belli posted:

It's been a while and I hope everyone in this thread is still doing as well as possible.

Assouline just released a photography book dedicated to some of the beautiful locations showcased in Bond films (and what it took to get the scenes shot), and it made me think of all of you.

This would have been my Christmas gift for Chitoryu this year. Thanks for sharing :unsmith: