Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

90s anti-rave plod could only dream of such a future as this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Imagine a London devoid of effigies of evil!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Mojo Jojo posted:

I think I'd have preferred to leave it toppled but with a new plaque so that Bristol has to keep the terrible parts of the past and face up to them.

But anything is better than leaving it up. Now rename all the buildings that have slave trader names

Replace it with a statue of the heroes kneeling on the neck of the Colston statue.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

hemale in pain posted:

it's always awkward as hell when writers get defensive over their crappy jokes instead of just saying sorry.

everyone who's ever spent more than 15 minutes inside bbc centre needs to be quarantined for terminal establishment self-righteousness imo

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I've been loosely involved with a couple of autism charities & educational establishments and, almost uniformly, those of us who're actually on the spectrum think Chris Packham is a prick whilst the neuro-typical workers think he's wonderful, and a great role model. lol