Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I used to work in the place that made dolce gusto pods and the coffee was freshly ground but regardless of the plastic science and marketing bullshit there was an incredible difference between one ground packed pocketed and made into coffee 1 day and one bought from a supermarket that was only a couple of weeks old.

Now I drink Costco ground coffee and aldi teabags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You could make a cup of tea with it, yes.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

RedTeam posted:

I don't get this whole "people are sensible and will follow the guidance" thing. Ok, yeah, maybe a lot of people will, but a significant number of people also won't! It's like the repeated talking about 'common sense' where following common sense can equally lead to outcomes as diverse as isolating from as many social interactions as possible, to 60 mile eye test drives.

My best guess is fear they won't have the staff to enforce it but it seems really odd to me because it's so contrary to my understanding of human nature.

It's almost as if the government is quite happy for a significant number of poor people to die horribly and is finding every twisted weasel way possible to encourage it while having a laughably thin veneer of plausible deniability...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Socially Distanced Moshpit is my band's name

Smosh pistance

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Roblo posted:

I work for a government agency, just found out that we likely won't be back in the office for another 6-12 months...
This is going to kill me. Eugh.

Why? Isn't it safe? Still sending the kids back to die though, bastards.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Galewolf posted:

, most likely to bring rando stray cats for adoption.

Yo, heads up you accidentally put this in cons

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I don't like thing ≠ thing sucks dick

We really need to change how that's used in the English language, who doesn't like getting their dick sucked? "That sucks dick" should be at least low key praise.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Like, listening to my work colleagues, the main emotion has been a kind of irritation at being jerked out of their complacency and forced to pay attention for a moment. "Well yes, the statue of that slaver perhaps shouldn't have been there, but people can't just go round changing things by themselves! If we start changing things, where will it all end, for heaven's sake?!?"

Exactly this, I had one guy say they'll tear down the concentration camps and war memorials next, almost completely unwilling to accept that remembering that thousands died/millions were killed might be slightly different to celebrating some guy who caused thousands of deaths.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

This is a legitimate work of art and I love it. I want a tiny one for my desk.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Strange, our village went mad for swapping free poo poo while lockdown was in place, I got rid of loads of crap cluttering up the garage and garden that I was just going to take to the tip. It's quietened down now people are working again.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

what are house prices like there?

Killer :dadjoke:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Insinuating there's any other correct temperature to drink it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

simplefish posted:

Cheaper in the short term, surely?

Short-sightedness to the point of burying head in sand seems to be political forte at the minute

That's been the forte of capitalism since it's invention.