Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The thing I love about the tube lines is that its like 0 outside but like 40 down in the tube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jose posted:

You ride a horse and get into huge battles with hundreds of other people

Due to the toilet paper panic buying I installed a bidet attachment and blasting your arse with water and using a few sheet to dry is superior in every way

Welcome friend.

You have seen the light.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sneak Lemming posted:

Probably because nobody was nearby. My guess is, that if you walked up to him to talk to him, he would put it on.

Yeah that was my first thought too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

feedmegin posted:

I live in a house in London and have a back garden :smugdog:

Also I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

Whats it like being the 1%?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

feedmegin posted:

P nice not gonna lie. I even have a big ol' ten pound bag of flour! And yeast!

Just rub it in our faces why don't ya?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been to Iceland a few times and it’s never ever a good experience.

Much prefer aldi.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lemon posted:

I'm putting forward my theory that no sausage roll ever has actually tasted as good as it looked or smelled

What the hell is this???

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cloner of the Elks posted:

I think I'm lucky in that we're being made to work from home, so I'm still working 9-5 but from my own house.

Wife is a paramedic working shifts (mostly nights) and we have a 10m baby. The local nurseries have all closed bar one, who are accepting children of key workers, so we managed to get in there.

I think I'm finding the whole thing easier than a lot of other people because of this. My suggestion to those struggling (I'm not a professional!): maybe some structure would help, and you can finally start that project you've wanted to do but never had the time. Treat that projet as 9-5 and make sure you're getting up at a reasonable time each morning, and going to bed at an acceptable time each evening.

Ideas:
Baking and cooking
Learn a new language
Paint/draw
Learn 3D modeling with Blender (free)
Sew/knit
Make YouTube videos
Learn to make a video game
Buy a course on Udemy and learn something new
Decorate your place if you've been meaning to
Build/up-cycle something
Try linux (if nerdy and interested)
Dig out that thing you bought a year ago and never used and actually use it
Declutter your home (we've been doing this and it feels so good!)

Where does masturbating fit into this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haha! That’s amazing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lemon posted:

Any Virgin goons having broadband issues?

Ouch man. Way to call them out like that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Maybe just stay off Twitter for a bit?

I dunno.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Ah those women and their histrionics am I rite fellas?

You are the one getting all up in arms about it.

You also brought up gender which no one else has.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ah, supermarket queues

Don’t forget to scan your Tesco card.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Congrats on the new cat!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Aginor posted:

Insanely jealous you can have a cat. Congrats! I'll have to make do with the two seagulls I watch get amorous every morning.

Living their best life.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I had two weddings get pushed.

One was in May and they rescheduled it till 2021 and the other was supposed to be in June in northern Italy which obviously was doomed months ago.

The one in Italy has been rescheduled to backyard wedding in Ipswich which works a little better for me but I feel bad for them since they did so much planning and lost some of their deposits.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Voting Floater posted:

Thanks for the mask, Rondette! Just arrived today :woop:

I don't really believe that masks are all that helpful if you're not infected already, but I feel like at some point we'll be told we need to wear them generally, or more likely shops etc will independently decide to start turning people away who don't have them. This was a great solution for just general everyday use, plus not taking away NHS resources or lining Amazon's pocket.

If everyone wore a mask the virus infection would be significantly reduced and almost eliminated.

https://theconversation.com/masks-h...-wearing-138507

Masks are good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Galewolf posted:

God-drat. That came out of nowhere.

This came up in another thread and that video has like a min cut off of it.

I’m not gonna say it makes it better but it does add a little context to it I guess.

It’s still lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has Tooting Broadway/Bec gotten better in the last 10 years or something?
That place used to be awful

Yeah I’d say it has. :shrug: