Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

BUG JUG posted:

If you own a house, you are required to make a bonfire in the street to consume corrupt air.

My fuckface of a council (E. Dumbartonshire) has closed off recycling and food bin pickups AND the recycling centre (but not pressed the uptake of the bins to compensate so we ratland now) so I've been contemplating the practicalities of an impromptu backyard firepit to, failing everything else, get short of the paper recycling.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'd wait a bit, seems being a politician is a good way to get covid-19

You ether die quickly or become a massive, unreleting arsehole who's less connected to this reality than your average HP Lovecraft monstrosity.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm pretty sure you have to surrender your spine at the start of any journalism course these days.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Roblo posted:

I don't think that's allowed on the forums any more...

Anyway. Here:

It only looks as good as it does because the pattern is good. But my stitching is getting neater which is nice.

That's a good knightmare helmet but theres two big holes in it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

goldenninjawarrior posted:

BBC decided to skip this week's episode of Casualty because it was deemed inappropriate given current circumstances and are just showing next week's scheduled episode instead, with a little rundown of important points from the skipped episode at the start.

There was a shot of staff (?) In what looked like Hazmat suits so that's what probably got them nervous.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh, Jesus Christ, this loving country :cripes:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mean, sure, it's good to have it on record that Cumming's a fucker and Johnson (and a sizable contingent of the rulling party) will simp for him but now what?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

CancerCakes posted:

My Eid celebrating neighbours gave us some lovely cake. Eid must be pretty hard in lockdown - not directly comparable but imagine if we have a Christmas lock down. The gammons would go insane.

They might need to just go do that the way we're headin'.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 27, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm going to live to regret asking this but go on?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Let us never forget that the entire idea of the Monopoly game came from a woman, as an attack on capitalism, it was then stolen and mass-sold by a man

Monopoly has taught me you can be both evil and incompitent as the rules of that game are so badly described, to the point that the Free Parking rebate is just accepted as common law, that it turns from Capitalism as Fun to Capitalism as Frustration.

And even then, it's intended operation doesn't work as fun too much.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Being fair, we'd probably feel that way even as the second wave hits and a sizeable number of those sort keel over.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

hockey jockey posted:

And yes, I do make Owen Jones seem like Margaret Thatcher in my offline life as well.

Thing is, that's offensive to Thatcher (becasue she succeded in her murder, not without a few friendly casulties, TVAM, but what's friendlies to a tyrant?) but, honestly, offense is a drat sight better than she deserves.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I went cold turky on Social Media outright and to be honest I don't feel too sorry for it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jose posted:

you've been an SA member longer than me how has it not irony poisoned your brain to the point where insane poo poo from twitter doesnm't impact your mental healt?

Having your registration fee (and maybe your addons? I was never quite sure on that) on the line if you say/do something egregiously offensive/stupid really helps that not happen on SA as much. I garantee you if it was ten bucks to have a twitter or FB account and you'd have to reup to get unbaned from twitter there would at least be second thoughts about the sort of verbal shite that comes out of some people's mouths.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Natalie Fartman posted:

I'm building ikea furniture by myself (drawers to store my art stuff away from kitty claws and teeth)

But I have a slight hitch.

Is Tuna shaven or is that just how the photo is shot?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

pisshead posted:

They shouldn't have come to rescue them then.

To be fair we'd have them on blast for that, too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Of course the first issue of 2000ad that I get via subscription is bent to gently caress due to some twat at the post office folding the mail lot with a rubber band. Why was I stupid enough to think the Royal Mail wouldn't somehow gently caress this sideways?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Natalie Fartman posted:

Hey now, the Post Office had nuthin to do with it. That'll be your sorting office and purely Royal Mail

Sorry that's what I ment and they (to say Royal Mail) can go gently caress off.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Had a can of the new energy drink and it did sweet bugger all for me.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cerv posted:

new Beer 52 box arrived this morning. amongst this month's choices, they've sent a can of this
https://peoplelikeus.dk/da/shop/oel-da/flaske-da/pepperspray-da/

bad timing huh?

This item is no longer avaiable.

Uh, no poo poo?!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Aye well if my next 2000ad prog is bent complaints will be the least of their issues.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Same! And I couldn’t find anything about this show online for years. I searched and searched and only recently came across info about it on an obscure Wordpress blog. So glad it wasn’t all in my head.

Unfortunately it seems that specific episode isn’t online anywhere. I’d really like to watch it for some closure for my childhood trauma.

Oh that's the worst sort of Media White Whale.

Mine's the spanish version of Scavangers (as in that over produced sci-fi gameshow that had John Leslie as it's host) I saw on holiday in Gran Canaria which, instead of just leaving its losers to die by implication that they were going to go down with the ship as they were left behind, littery dragged its losers (stock) screaming into the void with an on screen heart moniter flatlining.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Our Future Robot Overlords are not without humour.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Now, When I said there'd be trouble if my next 2000ad prog got delivered bent that did not mean that the Royal Mail could avoid the bolocking by not deliving it at all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh no I can assure you that Hell is real and it's social media.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fatkraken posted:

Can we just renew "heil honey I'm home" and be done with it (look it up...)
Man, to be in the blimp universe where BSB prevailed.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If anything it'd be ablist, surely?

I mean that's absolutly besides the point but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Space Butler posted:

Whatever you want it to be.

Except if it's useful in which case not that.