Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

hate to say it but I would gift it to Trump/America over us, Boris' survival odds are just too good :sigh:

Shut up Meg posted:

It's wrong to be smiling right now, isn't it?

That would make you a bad person, wouldn't it?
much like Maggie's death, the only wrong is denying the happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

scratchcard dipshits walk free, easy targets get fined.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the filth clearly have the public interest in mind, and, in their role of community stabilisers, police by consent.

this requires them to audit your cereal purchases and fine you in order to pop an authority-semi, and if it means a couple of people get pneumonia and die when they wouldn't otherwise have done so, that's just the price you pay for a civilised society. Are Boys In Blue need some way to blow off steam
how did you get next week's telegraph already??

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

local papers are soliciting Get Well Boris messages. lining the litter box with them is now an insult to cat poo poo.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Am I wrong to think that the brexit writing was on the wall when the UK refused to adopt the Euro?
nah, brexit was easily avoidable even after that. it still took years of daily venom from the right & total loving cowardice from the left just to win by 4%.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Every day feels like the same day now, it's weird. Is this what it feels like to be an elderly person who just potters round their immediate neighbourhood?
we're trapped in a northern sunday

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Dravs posted:

Including clean up/ prep time that's a really fast turnover rate. Maybe she uses both hands at the same time?
or one hour-long eightway

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

crispix posted:

:siren:Coronavirus: Greggs to begin reopening shops amid lockdown :siren:
lmao at this rate i dont care when lockdown lifts, i aint leaving the house for the rest of the loving year. I hope this brutal second wave doesn't make our national brainworms too much worse.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

BUG JUG posted:

What happens when the queen dies in the middle of this and you lot can't have your big parade of national mourning? Asking for a friend.
trying to answer this but the thought makes me :circlefap: too hard. if they go full Diana this country will leap forward 20 years socially.

yeah I know the mourners will be fine and just spread it to the innocent and vulnerable :smith:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

gently caress it, it's better than God Save the Queen.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Ah those women and their histrionics am I rite fellas?

Edit: I love that kind of man who can’t let a women have a bit of a vent without stepping in and giving her a bit of a telling off, for her own good you know....
you're loving mental, get off twitter.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

numptyboy posted:

I'm all for relaxing restrictions, if they don't make things much worse. Does allowing people to go outdoors more often actually make a difference to cases and deaths?
Do you think we can Or should stay in this current state until there is a vaccine(if it's even possible)?
they will

it does

nobody knows, but "this current state" is not even a chore compared to the national asspounding we are in line for once everyone goes out.

you numpty.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

so a massive second wave of infections is now inevitable/desirable by tory theorycrafting? we're just gonna power through that death toll?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

why are they finding such specific ways to tell the public "ignore lockdown, spread this poo poo far and wide?" killing grandmas doesn't have to be this complicated.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

mossyfisk posted:

I don't understand what 'actively encouraging people to go to work' means?

They never encouraged people to not work, only stuff like retail was ordered shut. Everyone else just closed because there was no business.
"employees who know better should be forced to expose themselves anyway." it's a dogwhistle thingy.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i stayed at home cause i thought that was still the patriotic thing, now i'm a traitor :smith:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

NHS workers have been crying out for us to repaint the gay buses with a logo that helps no-one, it's the least we can do.

e: actually it is much funnier if there's an NHS logo on the plaguespreaders that murder nurses, nvm.

Saint Drogo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 17, 2020

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

bring it back round on Boris imo, who directly instructed them to do it for a few days of tabloid grace.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I can't remember the last time that I posted in this thread, all I know is that it was weeks ago. Nothing has really changed with working for a corporate environment. On the outside, a lot has been maintained in making sure that everything is in check in the off chance that we are inspected. On the inside, no one could give an absolute gently caress and it's a free for all if someone isn't performing to preconceived expectations that they don't know about. These changes seemingly happen to depend on which manager is in charge of whatever department they happen to be managing at that particular moment and how generous that they are feeling about that situation in time.
so it's like the rest of the country? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

goldenninjawarrior posted:

With the second wave coming, do I panic buy n
YES.