Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Valko posted:

Then a shiver ran down my spine at the thought of the person I have become...

This is like when you're playing a videogame and you kill someone in a drawn out cinematic and feel bad about it without remembering that character was responsible for the deaths of hundreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

So if i wanted to buy a ball to play with my kids in the yard while we're all stuck inside, in addition to my shop for essentials like food, I'd be ticketed?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kitchner posted:

If god had meant us to eat broccoli he wouldn't have made it look like a tree and taste gross.

We did it to ourselves, as is true for everything about this loving hell poo poo existence.

(None of these things need to be boiled. Try putting them in a frying pan with some butter and salt.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 9, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Galewolf posted:

Went out to my Turkish market to get some groceries and boy it seems like everyone is out of fucks to give about social distancing and quarantine. Burgess Park was packed with people just reading books on the benches, doing yoga and running in groups. There was a long line in front of Tesco and everything else was closed, still too many people out there.

The weather in London is amazing today which makes me all :smith: about things but I have a backlog of Infinity Engine games (BG 1&2, IWD 1&2, PS:T) and my gf made an amazing minted lamb with roast potatoes.

quote:

A new study examining air samples from hospital wards with COVID-19 patients has found the virus can travel up to 13 feet (four meters) -- twice the distance current guidelines say people should leave between themselves in public.

The preliminary results of the investigation by Chinese researchers were published Friday in Emerging Infectious Diseases, a journal of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

God I loving hate this poo poo.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

learnincurve posted:

This was me. I’ve baked my own bread for 20 years now and nearly broke down crying in Morrison’s when I realised fuckers were hoarding all the flour and yeast. Like, are you making GBS threads me, one pack of yeast will do me, a person who bakes all our own bread for ages, what do you need 5 packs for*? And enjoy your flour weevils you pack of fake 4 by 4 wankers who’ve come down to clear out the poor persons Morrison’s, you can’t hoard large amounts of flour, not even hovis hoards flour, it will start crawling around the place and get in the rest of your food and pretty soon the only option is to burn down your house or move.

*Ended up jumping up and down and found a pack that had scooched to the back.

I bought two large bags of yeast off ebay you might want to try that.

Is he cutting his own hair in solidarity with NHS workers?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

learnincurve posted:

I spent 3 hours last night explaining to old people that they should only be doing a weekly shop and why spending 2 hours going to a Tesco’s 5 miles away from your house when you live next to another smaller Tesco’s, just to check on the price of coffee is bad and wrong.

Here’s the thing. Every one of them is OUTRAGED when other people do it, but it’s perfectly fine if they do it because clearly paying £2 more for coffee from a co op would be a violation of human rights.

We deserve to have lost WW2.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sims 4 Pandemic DLC Pack

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Why couldn't they just put that wrap on a second bus...?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Aphex- posted:

Bristol has entered the chat

I moved from Bristol to the States when I was a kid and grew up for many years in New Orleans, famous for a lack of hills. Then I went back to Bristol and got a job at the BBC up at the top of Park Street/bottom of Whiteladies, lived on Gloucester Rd, and would walk to and from work every day. It was interesting to experience muscles in my legs that hadn't been used in decades suddenly start to develop.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Natalie Fartman posted:

I'm not watching the broadcast because I've developed an unfortunate reaction to seeing and listening to politicians I hate where I start retching and blacking out

So your commentary on the matter is much appreciated

This has been my reaction to anything coming directly from Trump including his tweets, but especially his voice. I'm desperately trying to hold down my lunch at the very thought of it.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

In Monopoly the way you win is by saying, "Let's play Monopoly. I'll be the banker."

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

If you aren’t making your own yogurts I don’t know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jose posted:

i tried that and then got mocked for having a cum vase

What you do is get two large mason jars and tell them its cum right up to the top. Then, when they leave you alone, you strain both jars through cheese cloth into one jar and you're left with something thicker and more amazing than any greek yog you can buy.