Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Okay gang, the reason that I called you into this conference room is it's time to spring into action and plan our spring heist.

First of all, we're doing this after daylight savings, in order to avoid any embarrassing scheduling mistakes from some of you (Karen).

Right now we're just in the early planning stages but it would be nice to pick a seasonally appropriate target for this heist. Something like an Easter Mass dressed as Easter Bunnies and chicks, just an idea.

Also we're going to need to find a new weapons supplier. Jerry scared the last guy off with his...phone manners (heavy breathing), so if anyone knows anyone, please email me after this meeting.

Also please remember if it's your turn to bring snacks to the planning meetings! We don't want to be plotting on an empty stomach and it's not like delivery is an option here!

With that said I'd like to open the floor to suggestions, comments, and concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I was thinking we could scale out back to a caper? A spring caper sounds lovely, don't you think?

Manifisto

let's remember the lessons learned from our last attempt at this: marshmallow peeps are cute, and delicious, but they make lousy lookouts

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I was thinking we could scale out back to a caper? A spring caper sounds lovely, don't you think?

While I appreciate the idea of taking it easy this spring, we risk getting rusty and falling behind other heist crews if we scale down or skip our spring heist. While it might be as sexy and exciting as a summer blockbuster heist the spring heist is an important proving ground for new methods and members as well as an important revenue stream for the big summer job.

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Also we're going to need to find a new weapons supplier. Jerry scared the last guy off with his...phone manners (heavy breathing), so if anyone knows anyone, please email me after this meeting.

i know a really gross dude with a lot of guns, i think jerry and him will get long

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nut

im the overly flexible small man who hides beneath the shredded paper and plastic eggs int he basket

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

im the overly flexible small man who hides beneath the shredded paper and plastic eggs int he basket

Excellent. Does anybody know a walking, talking Bostonian stereotype?

alexandriao

I think this year it would be super nice to send a letter back to the nice mob people and thank them for the pizza and bagels they sent. we need to keep all revenue streams open and honestly jimmy the guy who delivered the food was really personable and I think so members (Karen) were attracted to him so it would be nice to see him again.

even if we don't expand into doing hits (except hits of weed lomarf) it would be nice to have the protection against other heisting groups

alnilam

alexandriao posted:

I think this year it would be super nice to send a letter back to the nice mob people and thank them for the pizza and bagels they sent. we need to keep all revenue streams open and honestly jimmy the guy who delivered the food was really personable and I think so members (Karen) were attracted to him so it would be nice to see him again.

even if we don't expand into doing hits (except hits of weed lomarf) it would be nice to have the protection against other heisting groups

maybe we can practice for our heist on the hallmark store and get some cards and thank you gifts to send

ty manifisto

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
*glaring at the mysterious shadowy dude in the corner hitting a vape* "dude, do the words "allergy season" mean anything to you?"

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Escape From Noise

magic cactus posted:

*glaring at the mysterious shadowy dude in the corner hitting a vape* "dude, do the words "allergy season" mean anything to you?"

Hmmm allergy season...masks! Good! Good! I like where this is going

google THIS

I say we just follow the usual formula, by which I mean have a green guy dress up like the Easter Bunny and attempt to drag a giant basket full of all the Who's eggs and candy up Mount Crumpit.

alexandriao

google THIS posted:

I say we just follow the usual formula, by which I mean have a green guy dress up like the Easter Bunny and attempt to drag a giant basket full of all the Who's eggs and candy up Mount Crumpit.

Ok but last time around Charlie and Betty did that they ended up facing 2 years no parolé. The big hulking mass of the suits hindered their getaway.

I recommend we go for lighter cloth, maybe a bugs bunny costume and not a big chungus one this year.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

you kids these days with your focus on aesthetics. back in my day we'd just turn the t-shirt we were wearing into a mask and start yelling "put the money in the bag!" at whoever was nearby

my vote is for a 'classic' heist. ski masks and shotguns. getaway car. robbing a bank, or maybe an armoured car. donuts and coffee. a new life in the maldives

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

alexandriao

owlhawk911 posted:

you kids these days with your focus on aesthetics. back in my day we'd just turn the t-shirt we were wearing into a mask and start yelling "put the money in the bag!" at whoever was nearby

my vote is for a 'classic' heist. ski masks and shotguns. getaway car. robbing a bank, or maybe an armoured car. donuts and coffee. a new life in the maldives

Pfft! Back in my day we had to drive the car uphill -- BOTH ways! When I was a lass we wouldn't even hide our faces, we'd walk up, get talking, and before they knew it we'd have taken the money from the cash register and be home again, slugging beer 🍺

Twenty Four

in byob tradition, may I suggest we steal a ham

Escape From Noise

Twenty Four posted:

in byob tradition, may I suggest we steal a ham

Easter ham heist. Hmmmm. This has legs!

super sweet best pal

I can't join in the spring heist, I'm social distancing.

nut

*pushes end of slinky sticking out of open briefcase back inside* oh haha yeah

google THIS

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm already working on getting a Zoom heist together. Mind you, some of you are essential so you'll have to come in person anyway.

nut

*changes my custom background to a bank vault* I’m in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

super sweet best pal posted:

I feel like stealing a ham from the store is par for the course for both byob thread tradition and current circumstances.