Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yall poor we have several bank walkers full of poo poo even though 80% of us can't login

the issue being is we have 15 people who have all maxxed out their fragment tree instead of stockpiling for the proxy walker....

It's more about getting supply and production chains in place than hoarding poo poo imo. Items just take up too much space and right now we don't want to have like 3 toboggans worth of a base. Better to have more throughput by building more crafting stations but maybe that's because we only have like 8 people and half can't even get online most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Nalin posted:

I haven't been able to play for 2 days now. Never, ever safe logout and go back to the lobby. If you are in the lobby you will never be able to play this game again. Practically half our clan just sits in the lobby all day long bitching at the devs.

I haven't made it to a lobby, is there a lobby?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

please knock Mom! posted:

It's more about getting supply and production chains in place than hoarding poo poo imo. Items just take up too much space and right now we don't want to have like 3 toboggans worth of a base. Better to have more throughput by building more crafting stations but maybe that's because we only have like 8 people and half can't even get online most of the time

more i think about this game the less i like it

rust is far simpler and relies far more on player skill

i really hope mediocre gear can still compete with high end poo poo

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Rust is a completely different type of game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

GoGoGadget posted:

Rust is a completely different type of game.

is it tho

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Nalin posted:

I haven't been able to play for 2 days now. Never, ever safe logout and go back to the lobby. If you are in the lobby you will never be able to play this game again. Practically half our clan just sits in the lobby all day long bitching at the devs.

too late for me lmfao

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I played a few hours in yesterday and it was pretty fun. Guess I'm playing a MMO again, didn't think that'd happen. Hard to pass up boats with legs though.

Does disabling 'fluid combat' makes the fighting more like For Honor or does it just ignore directional input?

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

yes. melee combat is bringing a knife to a gun fight after like the first hour of any given wipe in rust, whereas in LO it seems melee is a big deal. beyond that, uhhh you don't build all kinds of ships in rust? LO is like if rust and eve had a baby, and then at age 5 when it starts school the kid starts having siezures and can't interact with anyone until they figure out the right meds

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Have they put out any kind of development roadmap?

Are handheld ranged weapons ever going to be a thing? I'm guessing no since they're cRPG spergs?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Arven posted:

Are handheld ranged weapons ever going to be a thing? I'm guessing no since they're cRPG spergs?

No, that has been brought up during closed beta and there is no plans to bring bows, or crossbows... The only "ranged" weapon is a Javelin that does 20 damage...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

lol have you seen the stats on big boy armor???

Yeah there are diminishing returns but boy, taking literally zero damage from hits 40 damage and below is pretty overpowered

slashtom
Jan 5, 2012
VeteranX
Is this a true one server / mmo like eve type or is this like atlas where you can have a max of 100 players in each 'zone'.

Either way looks interesting.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Tempus Thales posted:

No, that has been brought up during closed beta and there is no plans to bring bows, or crossbows... The only "ranged" weapon is a Javelin that does 20 damage...

That's what I figured, everything I've seen regarding combat in the game seems to ooze "git gud" chamber blocking elitism.

slashtom posted:

Is this a true one server / mmo like eve type or is this like atlas where you can have a max of 100 players in each 'zone'.

Either way looks interesting.

The latter.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

lol have you seen the stats on big boy armor???

Yeah there are diminishing returns but boy, taking literally zero damage from hits 40 damage and below is pretty overpowered

Yeah. When you start getting into that stuff, you need to be crafting quality 200 weapons with double the damage stats. LUCKILY they made the game in such a way that you can't take stuff from a harder oasis to an easier oasis. So once you go to Hard, you can't travel back to Medium. If you want to go to Medium, you have to spawn on an existing walker in the zone. This helps segment gear tiers.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Nalin posted:

Yeah. When you start getting into that stuff, you need to be crafting quality 200 weapons with double the damage stats. LUCKILY they made the game in such a way that you can't take stuff from a harder oasis to an easier oasis. So once you go to Hard, you can't travel back to Medium. If you want to go to Medium, you have to spawn on an existing walker in the zone. This helps segment gear tiers.

Marley Yoda and myself were able to go from medium to hard and back to travel back to medium normally. What you are describing happened when you tried to go from medium to easy.

Now on the current build we are playing that could change, but we can't be sure because there aren't any hard maps in the game.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPAwFgN02g

TL;DR - They are shutting the servers down for 7 days so they can work on their backend issues.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/903950/announcements/detail/2120573391706603984

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Last Oasis: Game was killed by White Death

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ahhahaahha i literally said "they literally can't gently caress up this launch worse than atlas" and looks like they're on track to prove me wrong

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Logically survival mmos can’t be good. So because this game was good, it couldn’t be allowed to exist

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Logically survival mmos can’t be good. So because this game was good, it couldn’t be allowed to exist

:hmmyes:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hopefully it comes with a total reset of the game world too, lots of duped and illegitimately stolen poo poo out there.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

#NotRefunding. Further, I am buying poo poo tons of gift copies to offset the refunders. Will be giving them away on a stream. Am also sending gift copies to anyone I game with who decides to refund, which is zero so far, because I game with people who have patience and enjoyed this fantastic game for the moments they could. I encourage anyone else with the means to do so does the same!! F*** these refunders.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I’m not refunding because the game is real fun

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Same. The game is really fun, when it works, so I'll check back in a week to see how things are doing. I can play Doom Eternal and Half-Life: Alyx in the meantime.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

actually a really genuine and good apology video or whatever

other devs should take notes

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

actually a really genuine and good apology video or whatever

other devs should take notes

Dude also legit looks like he hasn't slept in 3 days

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

refunded lol. tho i did delete my bad review. was solid of them to give money back. if they get it working again in seven days i'll probably buy it again.

e: hmmm just got an email saying my refund request was declined...

clammy fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 30, 2020

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Really a shame to see because this was a blast. Will be playing return of reckoning and be back as soon as it comes up so see you all then.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I'm not gonna try to comment subjectively about the launch, but I noticed that someone at Valve manually removed this game from the top sellers, same thing that happened to Atlas which they did back then because so many people were refunding it

Hopefully it works out for you, I know there were some cool goons that were waiting a while for this one

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

This is why all games should have a tutorial mode that runs locally, even if it's highly slimmed down and nothing you do in that mode is transferred up to the live server unless they can maintain a connection to validate what you're doing in the tutorial. What little I was able to play was a blast, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their progress over the next week.

Knee-jerk refunding early-access titles due to launch issues is loving stupid, every early access title in the history of the platform has launch issues - you know what you're getting into. Don't be that guy.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

sushibandit posted:

Knee-jerk refunding early-access titles due to launch issues is loving stupid, every early access title in the history of the platform has launch issues - you know what you're getting into. Don't be that guy.

What kind of mental gymnastics are involved in justifying not getting a refund for a game that you just straight up cant play?

Dr. Video Games 0117
May 25, 2006
On dates I like to...
Game was extremely good, if you have a buddy on your car you can make them go "wee-woo wee-woo" and pretend to be cops and go kidnap people.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

early access mean access to the loving game, like, you can play it. this aint a loving kickstarter

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Jimlit posted:

What kind of mental gymnastics are involved in justifying not getting a refund for a game that you just straight up cant play?

the only legitimate suggestion is "I'm going to play it at launch anyway so no point in me refunding it to just buy it again."

i have no idea why there are so many aggressive fanboys on this game, it's the worst i've ever seen.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
What is it between this and M&B with people returning the game while explicitly stating they're going to buy it again later? Why? Just keep it and play it when it works, JFC.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Your sentiment makes sense, but particularly now, I'd cut people some slack since their home economy could be hosed by quarantine.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

Your sentiment makes sense, but particularly now, I'd cut people some slack since their home economy could be hosed by quarantine.

you don't need to further justify people refunding a game that literally doesn't work.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It’s too much effort for me tbh

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
A couple of mods in the the official discord posted this tonight which would bring it to 9 days total downtime:

quote:

IcanariToday at 7:02 PM: According to current information, the server is expected to be installed on 04/07/20. Please note that this date may change because of reasons outside the influence of Nitrado.

quote:

иван иванович иванскиToday at 6:55 PM: No announcement has been made regarding a wipe if one is needed the devs will let everyone know when they bring the servers back up and hopefully before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I literally could care less if people refund, it's a good game and will stand on its merits if/when it becomes playable. They obviously need to wipe it but whatever. Big takeaway from this week was seeing the entire world have the same "huh, cool" response. Its gonna be a successful game.