Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

what dis? Crossover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Super Gals....is fun.

Anyways, I watched the first episode last night, and it was...interesting. It's definitely got Pop Team Epic DNA in it; the use of multimedia is rather creative, and the story does whatever it feels like. However, unlike PTE, it's not really a comedy (or if it is, the comedy is really dry and you can see the punchlines coming from a mile away). In this way, I see the show being more similar to something like the Dagashi Kashi anime. People who go into this expecting a comedy probably aren't going to have a good time, but if you go in mainly to watch the creative visuals, it's a rather chill anime. The one caveat is the live action scenes, which looked really bad, had very questionable sound design, and without seeing how the rest of the series will handle it, kind of ignored the entire 'Gal' part of the premise, which sucked.

I'll check out at least one more episode, but it's definitely something where I think shorter, snappier bits similar to PTE would have benefited the show more overall.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I have a hunch the live action part will have a different actor for the "gal" role every week. Also, part of the funny here was that it was an old dude speaking like a young gal (apart from using "ore").

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

E: I'm convinced that this is an excuse for Jun Aoki to make Shouta Aoi fanfiction and I'm fine.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 11, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Honestly that was far and away the best part of the show so far

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lmao what the gently caress is this live-action segment.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The landlady is Takahashi Youko, who also sings the ending (as Takahashi Ryuuko, as in Kyoryuu/Dinosaur) :pusheen:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

:raise:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn34CtN5bK4

Creditless OP, which means I can finally get...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The animated segment was cute, and also funny unlike a lot of last week's.

The live action segment... I don't know what I'm watching but I want more. :ohdear:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this show rules

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Live-action dino really swinging that light saber this week. Was fun having them out and noone else really batting an eye at a weird blue dino just going about.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Lurking Haro posted:

The landlady is Takahashi Youko, who also sings the ending (as Takahashi Ryuuko, as in Kyoryuu/Dinosaur) :pusheen:

Yeah, that song is a real banger btw.
Seems like she also sang the opening for some mecha anime in the 90s but who cares really

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So uh... That sure was a live action segment, wasn't it?

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I skipped ahead to the live action bit just to see if there was something wild going on again and well, imagine just ending up right in the middle of all of that with zero context.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
this week's episode was so good top to bottom

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And no horrible fever dreams either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1260215925871202310?s=20

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i'll miss this show on hiatus

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
A new episode just went out and it's still great as ever!