Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I do this a lot now. It bothers Mrs sexual. What’s the cause and how does one stop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Stress, if you've never done it before.

Relax. Smoke some herb, tune out a bit, meditate, etc.

Or you're just going crazy, so lean into it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Have you started or stopped any medications? Any major changes to lifestyle? Perhaps you've been recently diagnosed with a tennis ball sized brain tumor in your frontal lobe?

Could be anything, really. But probably the last one.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
She hears the secrets that you keep

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

My wife says I make motorbike noises in my sleep

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

I do this a lot now. It bothers Mrs sexual. What’s the cause and how does one stop?

So what exactly were you talking about?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

So what exactly were you talking about?

Lots of mumbling I guess, then I break out into full sentences in the am. I guess I say No a lot. There is some work stress so... yeah

We all got stress rn but it’s just weird. I got no skeletons so I’m good there!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this is an opportunity. when you wake up in the middle of the night you can slur "no. no. no i said no. i love my wife and would never betray her. even though she doesnt want me to get a motorcycle..."

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Tell her to wear ear plugs

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

let it mellow posted:

Tell her to wear ear plugs

This seems rude to her.

No med changes, can’t smoke weed for work reasons.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Burt Sexual posted:

This seems rude to her.

then you could have a ball gag, like my drat balls

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pnumoman posted:

Stress, if you've never done it before.

Or you're just going crazy, so lean into it.

Seconding this, every one in my immediate family does it as a stress reaction. I dream about falling and flail myself awake instead.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
A few years ago I tried to see how long I could go without jacking it. My wife told me I was saying extremely sexual stuff in my sleep. Kinda freaked me the gently caress out so I ended that challenge.
Have you tried cranking it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

This seems rude to her.

When was the last time you were actually randomly tested?

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

One time I yelled for more shields and swords.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
record your sleep talking

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

My ex used to do this a lot and I would pretend it was disturbing, but if I’m honest it was really comforting to wake up and know someone was there. Over my cold dead body would I ever admit this to her now tho.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
I'm a sign language interpreter and I sleep sign, it's pretty funny

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
I have these really weird auditory hallucinations just as I'm about to fall asleep and they wake me up and snap me out of the drowsy state. A lot of the time it's someone yelling my name but theres other sounds too. I think I'm haunted.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Cause: sleep.

Treatment: not sleeping.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

unknown butthole posted:

I have these really weird auditory hallucinations just as I'm about to fall asleep and they wake me up and snap me out of the drowsy state. A lot of the time it's someone yelling my name but theres other sounds too. I think I'm haunted.

Got this too I think
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

unknown butthole posted:

I used to have that too but it was the hard drugs I was doing.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

My wife talks in her sleep a lot but it's usually quiet mumbling and I can pretty much never make out what she's saying. She also laughs in her sleep a lot, but it's a soft happy giggle and not something sinister like one would expect from a sleep laugh.

One time though she started muttering in her sleep and it woke me up and I was waiting to see if she'd say anything else and suddenly she shouted "just loving KILL IT!" in a panicked voice. She was dreaming about giant snakes.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I avoid this by not sleeping.
It's made me crazy, but no one can really tell the difference.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Burt Sexual posted:

This seems rude to her.

Sounds like quitting your job is a no brainer, smoke weed and no work stress win-win

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Work stress and general anxiety had me sleep talking almost every night back in like January. I was also having really vivid realistic bad dreams and sleeping about 90 minutes then I’d be awake for an hour over and over. According to my gf i was usually saying something nonsensical and then I’d open my eyes and look at her and just crack up laughing.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Burt Sexual posted:

There is some work stress so... yeah

Tell your boss to "suck it" irl ,OP!

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

pnumoman posted:

if you're like me sometimes if you go to bed after smoking you'll end up giggling in your sleep

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My partner sleeps very silently but will occasionally go into fits of very fierce emotionally charged mumbling that's impossible to understand, they're also extremely difficult to move while sleeping despite their size.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Burt Sexual posted:

how does one stop?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I talk every now and then, but my wife talks in her sleep on a fairly regular basis. I've had full on conversations with her at times.
Crazy runs in her family, though, so she'll probably snap one day and murder me in my sleep.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

get a sleep recording app and post your talking for all of us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2q0R-lddhg

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

My sister and partner have each mentioned my sleep-talking, so I guess I've been doing it most of my life?

But also, as an adult, I've started to sleep-sing. It tends to happen if I've been drinking. According to my partner, it's usually a weird tuneless humming that sometimes almost sounds like a recognizable song but never gets there. Other times it's just mumbling. But what gives it away as singing is that I will end it by saying "sorry sorry sorry" over and over because even sleeping, drunk me knows I can't sing for poo poo and shouldn't be inflicting it on others

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

We all got stress rn but it’s just weird. I got no skeletons so I’m good there!

I'm sure you have at least one

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I do this and I also grind my teeth really bad, and both seem to coincide with being really stressed out

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Devils Affricate posted:

I'm sure you have at least one

He showed us his closet. No skeletons, just a bunch of leopard print.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Really expected this to say “I know the secrets that you keep”

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dell_Zincht posted:

My wife says I make motorbike noises in my sleep

From which end?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I don't talk my sleep but I do have realistic alien abduction style experiences the minute I fall asleep almost every night, they last exactly an hour and then I wake up again and fall asleep normally the rest of the night. it's not really an anal probe type thing more like I'm transported to their world for a while and hang out then come back. I have friends and stuff there and they're chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

I have been told I do this. I also kick stuff etc. I don't think there's a good way to fix it because it happens when your brain fails to adequately paralyze you during rem sleep.