Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I can't dedicate myself to playing but I love watching Diplothreads. Thanks for letting us know this is going down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Dash Rendar posted:

Hmm, question for the thread. As I was quickly tossing up the opening moves, I wondered how much of a run down I should be writing in the update posts. Is it obvious from the board moves what is going on? Is it worth my repeating? Should I offer speculation? Is my speculation worth anything considering I am also in the game and it may all be a clever ploy to further deceive the players in the thread?

Some true moral quandaries are arising...

I'm just peanut gallery but I've always liked seeing discussion of moves and potential future developments in these kinds of threads.

I was in the process of writing up some commentary of my own but it was just coming across as inane sportscaster stuff, so meh.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I can't help but feel that Italy has made a deal with the Devil and is about to get pitchforked.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Turkey's about to go play in the open Iberian. They won't be next out, but I think this is where it all goes wrong for the UK.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 18, 2020

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I'm wondering if all the thread talk about an English steamroll didn't spook somebody - either England getting paranoid about a triple alliance against it, or Germany switching sides for the promise of a 2-player draw.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
If A-H manages to connive their way back into their home territories and start building again it will be the best goddamn thing to happen all game.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If A-H manages to connive their way back into their home territories and start building again it will be the best goddamn thing to happen all game.

Oh, how wrong I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Peanut Butler posted:

Used to play this in high school, ~20 years ago, probably logged abt 100 games- we would name each game after a historical or news figure afterwards, and the one I remember most clearly is Linda Tripp, in which Russia won by hiding a tape recorder in a walk-in closet we used for conferences

Reminder that we all thought this was hilarious.