Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

drat, only in Chapter 1 and the Berserker fighter is ruining me. I'm starting to think I shouldn't have dual classed by Bard to my White Mage because it's buff OR heal and the incoming damage is so eye-wateringly high I really wish I was doing both, especially as Black Mage seems to be an active liability in the fight. What tricks did people use to get around him? I've already figured I can dispel his berserk with Freelancer but he still keeps wearing my party down faster than I can keep them alive, especially as my main source of damage is currently through Monk spend HP attacks which nearly always seems to end with her being AoE'd down at the worst times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay so I've just started B & D, one thing I'm not clear on fron the tutorial though - what does strengthen and weaken actually do? Everything so far seems to come from positioning so I'm not sure how card stats are involved

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fab, thanks!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I would really love it if at any point a single one of these classic Final Fantasy revival games actually had a good script

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Octopath 2 should just do the FFIX thing of having clusters of stories it flits between that gradually pull together until the entire party is united at the midpoint, the 8 separate narratives with 8 separate progression paths didn't really bring anything to the table and constrained the game's story and structure heavily and if they're not going to let you do a load of freeform jank stuff like a Saga game they may as well tack closer to a traditional JRPG structure