Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
With the game's release this month I downloaded the demo and played for an hour. The art style is very pretty and I'm not to miffed by the gameplay changes.

Not a fan of the weight restrictions. That's not something I've seen before in a JRPG. It feels very alien to get a better now, but have it drop all your characters stats because it's also heavier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I'm miffed the IGN review spoiled what I would consider a rather important detail a quarter of the way through the review.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Any bonuses for completing the demo before starting the game like in the first two games?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

This just released on Steam and someone wrote a Steam review of the technical differences.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Xbob42/recommended/1446650/

quote:

This is just a quick tech comparison to the Switch version for those curious, not an actual "review":

1. Supports arbitrary frame rates!
2. Supports arbitrary resolutions!
3. Excellent controller support!
4. Fast load times!
5. No more weird delay when opening the menu or... doing anything.

All the animations and everything look fantastic at 100+ FPS, no framerate related glitches seen so far, combat feels much better, exploring feels 100x better without the FPS constantly taking a dive like on the Switch, the game just feels proper and complete. My biggest fear going in was that there'd be an FPS lock or something, but everything just works so far. Obviously I can't say whether the game will or won't crash for you as that's often system specific, but in terms of most everything else, this is EXACTLY what I wanted, because that Switch version I found virtually unplayable.

Oh! As a bonus: Expeditions are now based on time played instead of sleep mode, and max out at 3 hours instead of 12. So to me at least they're MUCH better implemented!