Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Harrow posted:

The pseudo-ATB meter is a weird choice for displaying turn order in a non-ATB game when they could've just had an FFX-style turn order display, but I can sorta see what they're saying about giving the player too much knowledge about when enemy turns are coming potentially making the brave/default system too powerful.

They did it in Octopath and it kicked rear end...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Bravely 1 monk sub red mage with natural talent and phantom weapon lets you drop damage capped tier 1 black magic. Well bye

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
When do the ability synergies start to get cool because I'm here in chapter 2 and there really isn't anything interesting yet...

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

ROFL Octopus posted:

You already have access to Thief and Berserker so you can turn all your regular attacks into full-party Mugs.

That's kind of cool for utility but doesn't do a lot combat wise. The best combo I've found for farming is Spearhead plus Berserker AoE attack which I guess you could put Mug on too.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
In Bravely 1 I could go natural talent + phantom weapon and drop 9999 damage thunder 1s on the final boss and it was epic. If this game doesn't have anything like that I'm gonna be pissed.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Does high wind apply solid stance to jump? I want to run my Edna with sword master/dragoon and bp subjob saver, surpassing power, critical flow, who dares wins, and idk maybe crit amp or multitask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Salastine posted:

It doesn't seem like it does, since Solid Stance specifically wants the Attack command but I don't know for sure. Another skill that can be combined with Highwind and Jump is Berserker's Indiscriminate Rage, which allows the Jump to damage all enemies, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Yeah I do that for mobs but looking for single target dps. highwind says anything that affects attacks also affects jumps so idk