Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
This game is enjoyable jrpg comfort food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Gonna have six hours of BOAT GAINZ when I get home from work today, then I assume I’m going to finish the prologue after these few quests

Edit: definitely agree that items are huge for the early game. Foraging gives you a BUNCH of them too.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
How does everyone get such high battle chains?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Does anyone have a good strategy for taking down the treaty or the nightmare field bosses?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

HisouTenshi posted:

There's also a quest in Wiswald, it may not be until the post-game, where a kid wants to get mushrooms for his sister. The two show up there.

That showed up immediately in chapter 3 for me

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Anyone have a good start for jormungandr? I’ve tried a couple things and got dumpstered every time which is weird because every other field boss has been a pushover

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Levantine posted:

Is there a decent place early in Chapter 2 to do some grinding? I'm not having trouble, I just want to unlock some skills before I get moving. Frankly the grinding and class tetris is the best part of the game so I prefer that to the rest tbh.

Right outside wisward theres a lap you can run with like 7 insect enemy configs in a row. Pop the food for it at nighttime and just run a couple laps to level up your jobs real quick. Use fire magic or hit all attacks against the groups of 6 ants or spiders or moths

(I’m terrible at corralling enemies to maximize jp gains so I did this for like 2 insect foods worth of time and was good to go)

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
The pictomancer, Berserker, and Arcanist Level 15 Unlock battle is actually giving me some trouble and might actually require some strategy. Game is super fun still

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Evil Fluffy posted:

The rare enemy to the north by the waterfall in the prologue area is good too and more xp but the beach just seems to be the fastest. Later chapters don't give much more jp (xp is much higher though) so if you're just farming jp it's the go-to spot for sure.

it takes 3-4 battles to max a job by grinding baba yaga with both jp up abilities.

and you can do so easily with any job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

LiterallyATomato posted:

Thinking of buying this. Is the general consensus it's a good buy? The OP is from pre-release days.

For the record I enjoy JRPGs.

I liked it just fine. Have you played any other games in the series? If so, you'll probably enjoy it, but it's a little more by the numbers than previous games in the series.