Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
How much character and story stuff is there in the demo so far?
I really liked the game play of BD1 but I felt the characters were pretty one-note and the story made a valiant effort at being good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Your Computer posted:

e: also the loss of those QOL features was probably my biggest complaint about Octopath Traveler too. It's hard to go back to a JRPG with no QOL after playing Bravely, where you could not only adjust encounter rate, you could straight up turn off encounters. Or turn them way up. Or disable exp gain. Or disable gold gain. Just, gently caress it, do whatever you want. Play however you want. It was so incredibly good.

Hot take: it was good because Bravely Default was pretty poorly finely tuned (and the dungeons sucked).

A better game wouldn't need those options.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 4, 2020

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Harrow posted:

Glad to see Red Mage is finally the powerhouse it deserves to be :hmmyes:

Red Mage was mad powerful in the first game as well, since their passives let them game the BP economy pretty hard.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the dungeons in BD1 didn't feel great because you'd end up running through them with the encounters off and not even looking at the actual dungeon, you were looking at your map, which ends up feeling wack. it's good they put the map away

The dungeons in BD1 didn't feel great because they were uniformly flat twisty hallways with no features or set pieces.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Your Computer posted:

I love BD1 but there are definitely things about the characterization that bothers me. Ringabel's womanizer shtick is unfunny and misogynistic, the game's got the "old wise man is a huge sex creep" trope, the whole Red Mage situation... I liked that BD2 avoided these things.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Christ almighty Yulyana's dialogue about Agnes.

But hey! After all that you get to dress Agnes and Edea in their skimpy outfits all the time!

Yulyana might be the worst part of BD1. At least the Red Mage you get to kill in multiple timelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Hey, who wants to listen to someone talk for three hours about Bravely Second?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6h66VXVhOo