Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

How much does being overloaded matter? Just a speed penalty or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

friends, I encountered what the game called a rare and difficult monster and I said, well I'm sure it's not that bad

it had 52,008 HP and cast Blizzaga on my party

yeah I also met The Big Axlotl

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

5 hours in, almost have the whole party finished with freelancer to get both jp up abilities. Having fun so far still! Definitely going to be harder to beat the next bosses without the helper anymore.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Just met the character with kazuma kiryu's va. Still loving this so far.

Definitely takes me out of the game less than when they used dean ventures VA in second.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

^burtle posted:

Got a Large XP Orb from the Ship Mode and now I have a level 21 character and 3 12s.

lol this would drive me mad

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Absolutely dont sleep on your abilities, especially in boss fights. Fighting the bard, braving my monk into invigorate and then spamming the higher damage lower hit % ability, seth was doing 1200 a hit. Totally nasty.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Ornamented Death posted:

Am I just missing something the "will the enemy attack you?" stat? I have Seth as a white mage with white mage appropriate gear and Gloria as a vanguard with vanguard appropriate gear and Seth gets attacked three or four times as often as Gloria. Even when I use abilities that are supposed to make enemies attack Gloria more often, Seth is still my unwilling tank. Elvis as a black mage is also getting attacked more often than Gloria in this scenario, just not at quite the same extreme as Seth.

Do you have some "enemies more likely to target you" armor stuff on seth?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like they should remaster BD1 and maybe even BSecond for the popular nintendo switch console. That's my controversial opinion

sorry, not until after xenoblade chronicles x

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

any more thoughts on the plot? i haven't picked this up yet, but i am intrigued. never played the other two or ff5, but i've read those plots were fantastic. but reviews here say the story is...blah.

the plot of ff5 was absolutely not fantastic, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just finished the Beastmaster asterisk, first non-worldboss fight in the game that wiped me (twice, even!) before I could clear it. Playing on Hard mode. Good fight. Very pleased with the challenge.

Gloria dragged the team across the finish line with like 50 hp remaining and everyone else dead (and missing out on the huge XP/JP bonuses :() as the final poison tick kicked in and took down the asterisk.

https://twitter.com/agent_kincaid/status/1367298975624089600

Have loading times been an issue for anyone else? I'm playing on a physical cartridge and I'm not sure whether I should move the game to internal memory or something. It takes about 10-12 seconds to load into a city or overworld zone. Going from Savalon to Halcyonia via caravan takes 30-40 seconds total of loading. It takes about 3-4 seconds of blackscreen to get in and out of fights. The game is pretty great but the constant blackscreens/loadscreens are really wearing on my patience.

Load times are not noticeable to me on digital so yeah this sounds bad