Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Liking this demo so far but goddamn this motion blur is making my eyes hurt.

Also the monsters in the ruins hit like trains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Avalerion posted:

Seems to start everyone off with a brave point.

It seems to only do that if you hit them from behind. From the front it seems to make it so the enemy doesn't occasionally start with a BP.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

precision posted:

Octopath dungeons are actually great, they're short and sweet and never annoying

Yeah, Octopath dungeons are short but have just enough little secrets and sidepaths to make it seem like they're longer without overstaying their welcome.

Playing this demo more, I'm just gonna say it; it sucks. Gameplay is okay and I actually like the chibi cute graphics but everything else is a total pile. Fortunately the "everything else" here is all stuff that can easily be fixed before launch.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I an immediately going back too hard into leveling jobs even though I’m only in chapter 2 but god *drat* does Beastmaster have some boss passives that I must have on basically everyone. I also love any form of blue magic so that helps.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wow that Galahad fight was not too fun. It’d be great if you could see immunities after using magnifying glasses so you didn’t have to find out as you go that the answer is “basically everything they’re not weak to and also Gloria’s fists of fury”. What an annoying-rear end fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Octopath’s modified version of essentially the same system flows so much better it’s crazy. Still holding out hope for an Octopath 2: Now With Better Connected Stories.